PDA

View Full Version : Spring/Summer Semester (UofC/MtRoyal)

hussein
03-20-2006, 08:17 PM
I have a big problem.

The Chemistry 201 class I wanted to get into at the UofC has all the labs filled, and I really need to get into one. I am planning on e-mailing the instructors tomorrow to see if they can accept me because most likely there will be atleast one student not attending?

Second of all, I was trying to find the course schedule for the spring on Mt Royal's website but I couldn't, becuase if I can't get into UofC for chem in the spring/summer I would like to know if Mt Royal offers it. If you need to be enrolled there to do this could you check it for me and let me know the status of the classes/labs?

Any advice on how to handle this would be greatly appreciated, preferabbly so that I can attend the UofC for Chem201 and then 203.

Hussein

liquidboi69
03-20-2006, 08:24 PM
Mount Royal's spring registration doesn't open up until March 21st (tommorow.) Check then.

t-im
03-20-2006, 08:29 PM
Just keep on checking UC infonet. Some people just pick classes "incase" but then end up not wanting to do it or decide to do something else...

just keep hitting refresh..that's what I do :)

hussein
03-20-2006, 08:59 PM
Yea. I registered for phsyics 211 and 223 and will take those if I don't get into Chemistry.

hussein
03-20-2006, 09:00 PM
Can anyone here write me a cron script so that if one of the labs becomes open that it sends me an sms?.:dunno:

vadeit
03-22-2006, 03:13 AM
Phone Bridgett Hewitt (sp?) in the Chem office at the UofC. She most likely or not can help you. If she can't she will send you to someone that will. Also try Dr. Hinman, he is the undergrad advisor for chem.

My advice is to try Bridgett first, she is awesome.

Godfuader
03-22-2006, 10:25 AM
Originally posted by hussein
I have a big problem.

Second of all, I was trying to find the course schedule for the spring on Mt Royal's website but I couldn't, becuase if I can't get into UofC for chem in the spring/summer I would like to know if Mt Royal offers it. If you need to be enrolled there to do this could you check it for me and let me know the status of the classes/labs?

This is the MRC spring for Chem 2203 (UofC=203). The numbers indicate 3 registred, and 15 spaces remaining. hope this helps.

hussein
03-25-2006, 04:11 PM
Thanks. I talked to Dr. Mehmet at UofC and he said that they are supposed to be opening another lab section up for Chem201. I need to take 201 before I take 203.

Thanks.

andres_mt
03-25-2006, 04:38 PM
Originally posted by hussein
Thanks. I talked to Dr. Mehmet at UofC and he said that they are supposed to be opening another lab section up for Chem201. I need to take 201 before I take 203.

Thanks.

If Dr. Mehmet is your prof, he's really good. His lectures are really clear and concise.:thumbsup: