PDA

View Full Version : Consumer guides + other sources?

redbaron303
03-21-2006, 01:08 PM
Other than consumer guides, which I've reviewed what are some good resources when looking at buying a newer used car? I want to figure out what the common problems are and how the vehicle's been rated against it's competitors before I actually buy it.

I've come across some really good deals this month on the older Porsche Boxster and Mercedes-Benz SLK230 Kompressor cars. Model years Ranging 97/98 - 2001 and am having difficulty with locating a buyers guide that encompasses a thourough and comprehenisve "checklist" of things that the car should be for it to be an excellent vehicle.

Usually I wouldn't even worry about this, but the vehicles in question are not local cars so I can not run them through a place like Hyatt Mercedes and have people I trust check them out, so before I fly out to pick one up it'll be inspected by a local authorized dealership in the city i'm going to and such, but I still want to do my due dilligence instead of buying an unconscious consumer.

Any help - first hand with the cars or with respect to helping me find appropriate resources would be greatly appreciated.