PDA

View Full Version : Sleeping Meds

KAVIE
03-21-2006, 04:44 PM
Hi Guys:

What do you know about sleeping Meds? I am not sleeping at all, at most 3 hours a night and it’s become a problem. I blame it on the discovery that the girlfriend of 3 years has been sleeping around. (Yes there is some hostility lol!) With finals coming soon I have to get back on track. Have you guys ever used sleeping medication or gravel? I heard if you take gravel for about 10 days, it will help you develop your sleeping habits again making it easier for you to sleep when you stop taking the pills. Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks

Kavie

buh_buh
03-21-2006, 04:47 PM
Nyquill knocks me the fuck out.
I took it for a bit just to help me sleep.

Weapon_R
03-21-2006, 04:48 PM
Sleeping pills really help you fall asleep, but most of them also make you feel pretty drowsy throughout the day. If you really have trouble sleeping, try using half a pill so that it helps you fall asleep for the initial few hours.

Make sure you don't get addicted to using them. Many people become very reliant on them to fall asleep. That is why i'd only try using half a pill unless your problem is really bad.

See a doctor, they will give you much better advice. Your problem with your ex will go away eventually, so only use them if you really have to during exam time.

Gondi Stylez
03-21-2006, 04:50 PM
^^ what he said

legendboy
03-21-2006, 04:51 PM
i take imovane occationally, maybe half a tablet once a week. it allows me to fall asleep quickly and stay asleep. usually the only time i ever feel rested is the day after i take it. or if i can sleep in :)

mac_82
03-21-2006, 04:54 PM
Try picking up a bottle of Melatonin at Safeway. Take a couple, put em under your tongue and they will dissovle in minutes. Works wonders :thumbsup: and is fairly cheap.

snowboard
03-21-2006, 04:54 PM
Remeron RD

i used to have mad sleeping problems, then i went to the doc and he gave me those, there anti-depressents but it was discovered they work better to knock you out haha

You take one at like 6 and it works slowly, but by 9 ish your soooo drowsy you cant keep your eyes open, and you usually can sleep till about 8, but for the first while your really drowsy the next day..

i stopped taking them cause i didnt want to trely on them, and im back to square one with no sleep haha..:rolleyes:

t-im
03-21-2006, 04:58 PM
I use to use nytol or whatever, but that made me drowsy the entire day!!!

Go to your doctor and get a prescription for "Starnoc." It puts you to sleep for at minimum a four hours. Works well for me, and i'm not dependent on it. I've used it for about a year maybe once a week if at all..only during the school year though.

XylathaneGTR
03-21-2006, 07:45 PM
When i was in the hospital i was getting a lot of sleeping pills.
They carry quite a risk of dependancy, so be careful.

I was using immovane for quite a while when i was in ICU/Trauma. Normally im a bit of a night owl, so after a while immovane would only make me drowsy, but still unable to sleep. It also leaves a very tinny metallic bad taste in your mouth the next day, so make sure to brush your teeth at least two or three times in the morning, literally. one thorough brush won't do it.

The other pill i used was "Arrestoral" (sp?) This was a much stronger pill than Immovane, and within 30-45minutes of taking, i was out for the night.

Start with a weaker pill and a low dosage and see how that helps you, Immovane is a good place to start.
Again, be careful.

1-Cent
03-21-2006, 08:12 PM
Originally posted by KAVIE
Hi Guys:

What do you know about sleeping Meds? I am not sleeping at all, at most 3 hours a night and it’s become a problem. I blame it on the discovery that the girlfriend of 3 years has been sleeping around. (Yes there is some hostility lol!) With finals coming soon I have to get back on track. Have you guys ever used sleeping medication or gravel? I heard if you take gravel for about 10 days, it will help you develop your sleeping habits again making it easier for you to sleep when you stop taking the pills. Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks

Kavie

Valium works for me lol

craigcd
03-21-2006, 08:21 PM
Originally posted by mac_82
Try picking up a bottle of Melatonin at Safeway. Take a couple, put em under your tongue and they will dissovle in minutes. Works wonders :thumbsup: and is fairly cheap.

Melatonin works for me to. Better for you than any sleeping pill!!

Try to add some physical activity to your day that always helps.

hockeybronx
03-21-2006, 10:57 PM
It's your own choice, but I would never recommend "downers" to anyone. Like someone said above, your body becomes addicted to them after a while and suddenly you can't fall asleep without them.

Your bodys greatest attritube is also it's greatest flaw: the ability to adapt to anything. If you start pumping something through the system then at first your body is shocked by it, but your body adapts to reduce the shock and then it begins to require whatever that substance is. That goes for caffeine, blood thinners, medications etc.

KAVIE
03-21-2006, 11:51 PM
Thanks for all your helpful replies guys. Seems like the recurring theme is only take them if you have too, and research, research, research. Thanks for the info.

Kavie

ecstasy_civic
03-22-2006, 12:35 AM
Originally posted by 1-Cent

Valium works for me lol

:werd:
Same thing happened with me and my ex, when we broke up it through my routine for a loop.
It gets better, I had some help lol

But ya, Valiums work wonders when you NEED to sleep.

craigcd
03-22-2006, 01:03 AM
Originally posted by hockeybronx
It's your own choice, but I would never recommend "downers" to anyone. Like someone said above, your body becomes addicted to them after a while and suddenly you can't fall asleep without them.

Your bodys greatest attritube is also it's greatest flaw: the ability to adapt to anything. If you start pumping something through the system then at first your body is shocked by it, but your body adapts to reduce the shock and then it begins to require whatever that substance is. That goes for caffeine, blood thinners, medications etc.

Im pretty sure Melatonin is natural is it not?

mac_82
03-22-2006, 01:04 AM
Originally posted by craigcd

Im pretty sure Melatonin is natural is it not?

Ya it is, I would highly recommend it over anything mentioned, its natural, cheap, don't need a prescription, etc....

If it's not working for you then try something stronger...

legendboy
03-22-2006, 09:06 AM
Originally posted by 1-Cent

Valium works for me lol

i didn't think valium was available in canada? i thought it was branded something else, ativan or something

Originally posted by craigcd

Melatonin works for me to. Better for you than any sleeping pill!!

Try to add some physical activity to your day that always helps.

i tried melatonin myself under moms advice and it didn't do anything at all. and what is this physical activity thing?? :rofl:

Speed_69
03-22-2006, 12:38 PM
when i had insomnia(like 30min-2hrs sleep), i went through many medications prescribed by the doctor and only one that eventually worked for me was called "tryptophan". helped me sleep regularly again and i didn't feel drowsy during the day.

i've heard that melatonin works wonders too though.

sputnik
03-22-2006, 01:12 PM
Originally posted by Speed_69
when i had insomnia(like 30min-2hrs sleep), i went through many medications prescribed by the doctor and only one that eventually worked for me was called "tryptophan". helped me sleep regularly again and i didn't feel drowsy during the day.

i've heard that melatonin works wonders too though.

Isnt tryptophan the "turkey drug". I didnt know they bottled it.

boopydogg
03-22-2006, 01:31 PM
when i cant sleep i just do this :banghead: it works for me:zzz:

Speed_69
03-22-2006, 01:40 PM
Originally posted by sputnik

Isnt tryptophan the "turkey drug". I didnt know they bottled it.
haha yea it is..i remember my doctor did mention something about turkey haha

craigcd
03-22-2006, 01:59 PM
Originally posted by legendboy
what is this physical activity thing?? :rofl:

Drinking on Fridays and Saturdays should suffice Corey. :thumbsup:

keith303
03-25-2006, 08:34 PM
I smoke a bowl or a joint and im good.

1-Cent
03-25-2006, 09:25 PM

i didn't think valium was available in canada? i thought it was branded something else, ativan or something

Maybe we should talk :D

Arisilde
03-30-2006, 11:07 AM
Originally posted by XylathaneGTR
When i was in the hospital i was getting a lot of sleeping pills.
They carry quite a risk of dependancy, so be careful.

I was using immovane for quite a while when i was in ICU/Trauma. Normally im a bit of a night owl, so after a while immovane would only make me drowsy, but still unable to sleep. It also leaves a very tinny metallic bad taste in your mouth the next day, so make sure to brush your teeth at least two or three times in the morning, literally. one thorough brush won't do it.

The other pill i used was "Arrestoral" (sp?) This was a much stronger pill than Immovane, and within 30-45minutes of taking, i was out for the night.

Start with a weaker pill and a low dosage and see how that helps you, Immovane is a good place to start.
Again, be careful.

Be really careful with immovane. I've got wicked bad insomnia and had to start taking immovane. I'm a nightowl too so now I have to take 2-5 tablets to knock myself out sometimes, and if you have any problem with enjoying drinking or drugs, bad bad idea. Drink Nyquil, that shit'll knock you for a loop and you usually are fine next morning.

CappyMcSlappy
03-30-2006, 04:31 PM

i tried melatonin myself under moms advice and it didn't do anything at all. and what is this physical activity thing?? :rofl:

Not gonna lie- that makes a huge difference. When my GF broke up with me after two and a half years I would go and train VERY hard until I was tired. When I found out she was...REALLY sleeping around a lot (4-wayed!) I trained even harder. Let me tell you- I was in the best shape of my life and had no trouble sleeping.

Physical exercise also releases dopamine (I think that's right) which is one of the brain's natural antidepressants. You'll actually feel better about "life" after some exercise.

legendboy
03-30-2006, 04:39 PM
Originally posted by Arisilde

Be really careful with immovane. I've got wicked bad insomnia and had to start taking immovane. I'm a nightowl too so now I have to take 2-5 tablets to knock myself out sometimes, and if you have any problem with enjoying drinking or drugs, bad bad idea.

hah if i even took 2 immovanes i would be walking (crawling probably) into walls. half to one is enough for me. ur hardcore lol

nyquill and all that over the counter shit actually keeps me awake, and gives me the shittiest stoned feeling ever

Originally posted by CappyMcSlappy

Not gonna lie- that makes a huge difference. When my GF broke up with me after two and a half years I would go and train VERY hard until I was tired. When I found out she was...REALLY sleeping around a lot (4-wayed!) I trained even harder. Let me tell you- I was in the best shape of my life and had no trouble sleeping.

Physical exercise also releases dopamine (I think that's right) which is one of the brain's natural antidepressants. You'll actually feel better about "life" after some exercise.

once i figure out a way to get exercise without actually having to do anything i'll give it a shot :D

codo
04-02-2006, 06:15 PM
Originally posted by keith303
I smoke a bowl or a joint and im good.

i was waiting for someone to say that, it does work wonders and ive never had a problem with getting off weed for awhile so give that a shot or drinking that works too, anyways good luck.

Wildcat
04-02-2006, 07:40 PM
take some perc's

...hah, k bad advice.

Arisilde
04-02-2006, 07:55 PM

hah if i even took 2 immovanes i would be walking (crawling probably) into walls. half to one is enough for me. ur hardcore lol

nyquill and all that over the counter shit actually keeps me awake, and gives me the shittiest stoned feeling ever

once i figure out a way to get exercise without actually having to do anything i'll give it a shot :D

Nyquil blows, you get so tiredy ou can't see straight and yeah, you feel massively stoned.