PDA

View Full Version : CPS Ghost car: Ford Explorer

Xtrema
03-21-2006, 10:02 PM
Don't know if it's mentioned before but it took me by surprise.

It's the latest 06/07 model, beige and tinted windows all around except front. You'll never know it's a cop car until lights goes on.

Saw it on 4th St N.W. this morning passed Mcknight goes south. All of a sudden the SUV that was about to turn west bound Mcknight changes its mind and blasted down 4th St @ like 80-90km/h and then stopped a Kia Rio a block down.

Everyone has to brake hard to avoid getting hit by it and traffic is too busy @ rush hour to pull off stunts like this. :guns:

asp integra
03-21-2006, 10:44 PM
how come a cop car can have tint all around except for the front? o well, that description sounds exactly like the new eddie bauer exploredr i got!

Xtrema
03-21-2006, 10:48 PM
I meant the front windows (windshield + driver + passenger)

It does look darker than factory tint in the back, just like limo.

dino_martini
03-21-2006, 10:51 PM
I think I saw it over on Deerfoot near the air port on the weekend. So far I have seen these ghost cars

GMC Canyon
Ford Expedition
Ford Explorer
Ford Windstar/Freestar/what ever their mini van is called

...sneaky

trendkill
03-22-2006, 03:46 AM
i saw a white f-150 as well... had someone pulled over on contrey hills about a month ago

gp36912
03-22-2006, 03:50 AM
^^^ ive seen a few of those, and there was this one other suv, i think it was a chevy. no idea. but i know it was a cop, the tint was light enough to see the outlines of thier signals

EG_Civic
03-22-2006, 08:21 AM
Originally posted by Xtrema
Don't know if it's mentioned before but it took me by surprise.

It's the latest 06/07 model, beige and tinted windows all around except front. You'll never know it's a cop car until lights goes on.

Saw it on 4th St N.W. this morning passed Mcknight goes south. All of a sudden the SUV that was about to turn west bound Mcknight changes its mind and blasted down 4th St @ like 80-90km/h and then stopped a Kia Rio a block down.

Everyone has to brake hard to avoid getting hit by it and traffic is too busy @ rush hour to pull off stunts like this. :guns:

:guns: :guns: :guns:

EG_Civic
03-22-2006, 08:49 AM
old pic

bradwatson
03-22-2006, 09:01 AM
i would say we're pretty lucky here. Back in the day (my grandfather was a detective in Toronto) the detectives used to be issued "the new fancy car" every 4 or 5 months and a stick-on light to put on the roof. Now there's no way you would see those guys coming. I know they are detectives and they arent highway patrol cops, but they still were allowed to pull over dangerous drivers.

Brad

HRD2PLZ
03-22-2006, 09:33 AM
There was a white F-150 and gold Explorer pulling people over on MacLeod and Anderson last week. Everytime I drove by they had another vehicle pulled over.

SilverBoost
03-22-2006, 10:55 AM
I saw ghost cars in toronto that were beaten looking ford taurus' and topaz'.... had rust on them and everything. The only thing that gave it away were the 2 6ft + officers jammed in the front seat with bullet proof vests on. :)

Lo)2enz0
03-22-2006, 11:16 AM
Originally posted by EG_Civic
old pic

i saw that guy pull over a acura cl by my apartment. damn does he look like a ghost but has alot of lights flashing when he turns them on

l8braker
03-22-2006, 11:27 AM
Cps has a white dodge charger ghost car.... .:eek: It's got the black spotlight on the drivers side mirror. It was parked in the downtown lot by HQ a few weeks ago..... I tried to get some pics after class, but it was gone. There's a blue unmarked excursion with a huge brushguard there today.. I'll try and see what's there after.

jcrules99
03-22-2006, 11:34 AM
Originally posted by l8braker
Cps has a white dodge charger ghost car.... .:eek: It's got the black spotlight on the drivers side mirror. It was parked in the downtown lot by HQ a few weeks ago..... I tried to get some pics after class, but it was gone. There's a blue unmarked excursion with a huge brushguard there today.. I'll try and see what's there after.

a charger?!!? woah thats crazy.. damn cops are getting sneakier!

l8braker
03-22-2006, 11:37 AM
Originally posted by jcrules99

a charger?!!? woah thats crazy.. damn cops are getting sneakier!

Crazy eh... It could have been sitting there waiting to get decked out with the graphics and colors, who knows... It was brandd new.

Foz
03-22-2006, 11:46 AM
I'm surprised CPS hasn't gotten an under cover red Ferrari..yet..

Toms-SC
03-22-2006, 11:53 AM
Im pretty sure I have seen the police in unbadged Crown Vic's too, can anybody confirm this?

LilDrunkenSmurf
03-22-2006, 11:54 AM
i heard that a while back (year or so) they had an rx-7 that they would use to race... and if anyone took them up on it, they would pull them over and ticket them

DeeK
03-22-2006, 11:57 AM
Originally posted by Toms-SC
Im pretty sure I have seen the police in unbadged Crown Vic's too, can anybody confirm this?

Of course they have them, anyone can point those out a mile away.

Originally posted by LilDrunkenSmurf
i heard that a while back (year or so) they had an rx-7 that they would use to race... and if anyone took them up on it, they would pull them over and ticket them
I used to see the Rx-8 they had around downtown. It was parked in their lot downtown occasionally with the lights still on.
Silver Rx-8.

I never heard anything about an Rx-7 though.

l8braker
03-22-2006, 12:04 PM
Originally posted by LilDrunkenSmurf

I think thats used for Community and PR stuff.

Speed_69
03-22-2006, 12:20 PM
yeah i saw the beige ford explorer couples weeks ago 2 times with a car pulled over going crowchild west near the dalhousie c-train station and saw it again last night on 9th ave downtown pulling over a truck. pretty hard to tell it's a cop car especially with all the tint.

also saw the charger about a month ago in downtown, pretty crazzyy!!

DeeK
03-22-2006, 12:40 PM
Originally posted by dino_martini
I think I saw it over on Deerfoot near the air port on the weekend. So far I have seen these ghost cars

GMC Canyon
Ford Expedition
Ford Explorer
Ford Windstar/Freestar/what ever their mini van is called

...sneaky

I have also seen:
- Ford Excursion
- Newer Intrepids
- Rx-8
- Crown Vics
- F150
- Full size Construction Vans (with ladders and such on them)

asp integra
03-22-2006, 12:44 PM
i ahve also seen some mazda 6s

CrvenaZvezda
03-22-2006, 01:12 PM
ive also seen:

Ford Explorers
Ford Excursions
Dodge Intredip
Dodge Durango
Chev Avalance (got pulled over by the bastard)
Ford F-150
Ford Crown Vics

and as DeeK said also full size construction vans (ladders and all that shit, and even rust lol)

DeeK
03-22-2006, 01:14 PM
Originally posted by CrvenaZvezda
ive also seen:

Ford Explorers
Ford Excursions
Dodge Intredip
Dodge Durango
Chev Avalance (got pulled over by the bastard)
Ford F-150
Ford Crown Vics

and as DeeK said also full size construction vans (ladders and all that shit, and even rust lol)
Oh yea!
I forgot the durangos and avalanche's.

HeckelZ
03-22-2006, 01:21 PM
they also have a blue dodge dakota

Billet
03-22-2006, 01:25 PM
wheres the pics?

retro-steve
03-22-2006, 01:27 PM
just look for the government fleet sticker on a regular plate lol that gives them away all the time! whenever i pull up on a car with a government fleet sticker i slow down until i can see the driver, once i can confirm it's not a cop i'll go back to my nice cruising speed

Speed_69
03-22-2006, 01:29 PM
Originally posted by retro-steve
just look for the government fleet sticker on a regular plate lol that gives them away all the time! whenever i pull up on a car with a government fleet sticker i slow down until i can see the driver, once i can confirm it's not a cop i'll go back to my nice cruising speed
hahaha that's exactly what i do too! :thumbsup:

gp36912
03-22-2006, 01:32 PM
there was this one 68 or 69 mustang in okotoks or something i forget but, its a good looking blonde driving it, pulls up beside you and pretty much dares you to race her. revs her engine etc. but as soon as you go she pops her lights on and tickets ya.

HuMz
03-22-2006, 01:36 PM

Im pretty sure alot of company businesses have those too with company car's/trucks.

retro-steve
03-22-2006, 01:37 PM
Originally posted by HuMz

Im pretty sure alot of company businesses have those too with company car's/trucks.

hence why i said i look at the driver...GG reading skills

DeeK
03-22-2006, 01:47 PM

Thats not always a cop though, ANY company can apply for fleet stickers. It's cheaper insurance for them.

When I worked at purolator, all their trucks had fleet stickers. Budget rentals have fleet stickers. Even small companies have fleet stickers often.

GG on my reading skills lol, I didnt notice the "see the driver" part.

Supa Dexta
03-22-2006, 04:49 PM
mazda tribute kickin around as well....

Graham_A_M
03-22-2006, 06:48 PM
That white Colorado with the steel box really freaks me out, I'm paranoid every times I see a white crewcab Canyon/colorado.

Its actually REALLY easy to spot a cop car if you know what to look for, as far as the back of the car is concerned:

Look for a black sticker on the license plate that would replace the normal "year" sticker. Over-ly dark (non-oem) tinted windows also help

for the side: look for steel wheels. ALL ghost Excursion's, Intrepids, Crown vics have steel wheels.

The Durango's, Canyons, Explorers DONT have steel wheels.

Also, you can see the the lights behind the grill from the front, seeing the cop in the drivers seat probably helps too I guess:dunno:

dino_martini
03-22-2006, 07:14 PM
Saw a new one today, white Toyota Tacoma...ill see if I can get some pictures next time I see it.

TeamBestBud
03-22-2006, 07:29 PM
. There's a blue unmarked excursion with a huge brushguard there today.. I'll try and see what's there after.

seen the excursion on mcknight..limo tint but in the sunligt u can see red dots on some radar thing in the left rear window..didnt think it was a cop until he strted rippin it doin liek 100 in a 60 construction zone

GQBalla
03-23-2006, 12:20 AM
not to hijack this thread but theres a tan crown victoria that is always at my friends house.

now the first time i saw this car i thought it was a undercover cop car. but upon closer inspection there was no fleet sticker, no lights.

but the wierd part was it has the exact same rims as undercover crown victorias......

now can you buy these rims anywhere?

evo916
03-23-2006, 12:28 AM
Originally posted by GQBalla
not to hijack this thread but theres a tan crown victoria that is always at my friends house.

now the first time i saw this car i thought it was a undercover cop car. but upon closer inspection there was no fleet sticker, no lights.

but the wierd part was it has the exact same rims as undercover crown victorias......

you can buy ex cop cars at auctions so someone probably bought one

GQBalla
03-23-2006, 12:30 AM
ermmm probably. that makes sense ^

lol i would like to buy one and just cruise around and try to scare people.

asifka
03-23-2006, 12:38 AM
^^ x-cop car aka taxi:D

g20powa
03-23-2006, 12:40 AM

lol... would this happen to be in dalhousie??? my friends dad has one and its always parked outside.... probs not but that would be funny :D

ALSO....... the police have a nice shiny new ford mustang. I used to work with a lady whose husband was a cop... and she said they got a new mustang. These cops have too much money

DeeK
03-23-2006, 10:40 AM
Originally posted by Graham_A_M
That white Colorado with the steel box really freaks me out, I'm paranoid every times I see a white crewcab Canyon/colorado.

Its actually REALLY easy to spot a cop car if you know what to look for, as far as the back of the car is concerned:

Look for a black sticker on the license plate that would replace the normal "year" sticker. Over-ly dark (non-oem) tinted windows also help

for the side: look for steel wheels. ALL ghost Excursion's, Intrepids, Crown vics have steel wheels.

The Durango's, Canyons, Explorers DONT have steel wheels.

Also, you can see the the lights behind the grill from the front, seeing the cop in the drivers seat probably helps too I guess:dunno:
They are also ALWAYS ridiculously clean.

LilDrunkenSmurf
03-23-2006, 12:22 PM
ermmm probably. that makes sense ^

lol i would like to buy one and just cruise around and try to scare people.
me too! :hitit:

g20powa
03-23-2006, 12:22 PM
last night canyon meadows drive they were using some like reddish brown crown victoria i think it was.... never woulda suspected it.

barbarian
03-23-2006, 11:53 PM

Does it have a HEMI?

2002civic
03-24-2006, 11:00 AM
ive heard that some of the newer undercover cars arnt using the black fleet stickers as people are onto this...anyone knwo if this is true or not? and anyone remember back in the day when all cop cars had the liscence plate clr or crl..one of the two...so even undercover cars started with those 3 letters

Jesus
03-26-2006, 01:08 AM
All of the CPS vehicles, be it marked or unmarked, have Fleet plates (Black sticker).

My favorite UC cars are the new explorers and crown vics. I wanted to buy a used cop car, just to drive it around on cop steelies and scare people.

Also, the new explorer mentioned in this thread lights up like a christmas tree, I love all the fancy flashy lights.

harley11
03-26-2006, 01:48 AM
Look out for the rsx on youre streets..specially when better weather comes around ;) ;) ;)

soupey
03-26-2006, 02:09 AM
the tanned explorers were out in full force this morning (25th) on deerfoot near the beddington exit northbound....very tricky to identify indeed.

Jesus
03-28-2006, 01:57 PM
I saw a sweet pickup at Ranchmans the other day. It looked like a 4 door chevy pickup, friggen awesome. They are getting good at hiding the lights.

dino_martini
03-28-2006, 07:06 PM
Originally posted by Jesus
I saw a sweet pickup at Ranchmans the other day. It looked like a 4 door chevy pickup, friggen awesome. They are getting good at hiding the lights.

THELMIT
03-28-2006, 09:09 PM
srry didnt read:banghead: :banghead:

g20powa
03-28-2006, 09:46 PM
ya ive seen that truck just coming off deerfoot onto anderson... where it turns to 80.... so be careful there.

barbarian
05-27-2006, 04:11 PM
Saw the Canyon today with a RAV4 pulled over on Nose Hill Drive. While he did have the fleet sticker, the license plate was a standard three letter - three number type, like most private vehicles have. It was not the normal 2 numbers + 5 numbers you see on most of their vehicles.

canadian_hustla
05-27-2006, 06:26 PM
Originally posted by barbarian
Saw the Canyon today with a RAV4 pulled over on Nose Hill Drive. While he did have the fleet sticker, the license plate was a standard three letter - three number type, like most private vehicles have. It was not the normal 2 numbers + 5 numbers you see on most of their vehicles.

lol i saw that too, he was nailing people coming down nose hill, he was at the entrance of the NE YMCA entrance.

barbarian
05-27-2006, 08:11 PM
Originally posted by canadian_hustla

lol i saw that too, he was nailing people coming down nose hill, he was at the entrance of the NE YMCA entrance.

This was up the hill near Country Hills Blvd., either the guy was doing something so crazy that he came from the other side of the road to get him, or he was on his way to another spot and saw an infraction.

-KiTtY- boo
05-28-2006, 04:51 AM
Originally posted by g20powa
ya ive seen that truck just coming off deerfoot onto anderson... where it turns to 80.... so be careful there.

ya i see that guy there all the time...lol... this is alittle off topic but ive seen cops doin radar on canyon meadows dr juss before the bently (condos) they hide behind the tree and nail alot of ppl, espically since theres that little hill

v2kai
06-03-2006, 06:57 PM
All of the CPS vehicles, be it marked or unmarked, have Fleet plates (Black sticker).

My favorite UC cars are the new explorers and crown vics. I wanted to buy a used cop car, just to drive it around on cop steelies and scare people.

Also, the new explorer mentioned in this thread lights up like a christmas tree, I love all the fancy flashy lights.

now i'm not one to go up against what jesus says....lol but i saw a dodge durango, dark blue, tinted out..., i couldnt tell it was a cop without its lights on. i pulled up on it with its lights on and then when he rolled by me with them off it was such a good tint job i couldnt see them, officer was in street clothes and even had a light up hitch cover thingymabob.... i normally look for the black stickers...this guy didnt have it, it was a regular plate with regular stickers!!!, i took it all down on paper in my car description and plate number. do they ALL have the stickers....cuz that one caught me off guard:eek:

l8braker
06-03-2006, 07:12 PM
If you can't spot the red/blue lights inside the car, the rollcage and 3 or 4 antenna's, and are looking for a small fleet sticker, you should get your eyes checked.

RotaryDrifter
06-03-2006, 07:54 PM

Not True. ;)

surveillance teams for the CPS have yellow stickers in the top right corner, also... these guys have their daylight driving lights off :nut: :dunno: inside you have a scary lookin detective in regular clotches.:eek:

but for the most part, jesus is right :thumbsup:

69cougar
06-03-2006, 07:57 PM
Cps has a white dodge charger ghost car.... .:eek: It's got the black spotlight on the drivers side mirror. It was parked in the downtown lot by HQ a few weeks ago..... I tried to get some pics after class, but it was gone.

From what I have heard all that have tried them are quite impressed with them,

nich148_9
06-03-2006, 09:47 PM
Just a lookout, on 33 ave SW right around Richmond Green, there's usually a cop car behind the bus stop on the EB side. They tend to nab a lot of people there. It's either a marked car, or an unmarked white Crown Vic.

AllGoNoShow
06-04-2006, 03:08 AM
a charger? Wrong.... they got a whole fucking fleet of the damn things parked by the police training center by the airport, Im talking a whole fleet, atleast 20-30 of the damn things, unmarked.

adam c
06-04-2006, 03:42 AM
i saw that tan one on deerfoot by the airport the other day... i was quite amazed

as for these black fleet stickers i have never seen them on a cop car and i always see normal 3 letters 3 number plates...

ive seen a few pickup trucks and extended cabs, hummers and all the like..

one place they always seem to have cops is west bound glenmore right after the 14th street turnoff.. make sure u only go 50 because they setup camp in a little break down corner and laser u as u come around the corner..i always see 3 cars pulled over there

Hakkola
06-04-2006, 04:22 PM
WOW, I didn't realize how lucky I am to have only one ticket back in 2002, these guys must be mostly up in the north or south east because the only unmarked I see down here is the truck that has been posted in this thread and the usual impala etc...

I speed on pretty much every road with a speedlimit of 70 or higher unless there is construction, I'm surprised one of these guys haven't gotten me.

Supa Dexta
06-04-2006, 04:30 PM
seen a light brown safari van the other day, that crossed traffic on memorial, just had strobes in the grill and corners..

I didn't know who the hell had the balls to cross traffic on memorial at 4 in the afternoon, comming off deerfoot...

http://www.membersauto.com/carimages/2002_gmc_safari_bronze_8_1.jpghttp://www.membersauto.com/carimages/2002_gmc_safari_bronze_8_1.jpg

l8braker
06-04-2006, 04:43 PM
Originally posted by AllGoNoShow
a charger? Wrong.... they got a whole fucking fleet of the damn things parked by the police training center by the airport, Im talking a whole fleet, atleast 20-30 of the damn things, unmarked.

They're most likely sitting there waiting to get done up in red, white, blue police colors.

The CPS Cop at Chinook Centre drives around in a green impala now. I don't know if it was his civilian car, or a cps vehicle. He thought he was being stealth checking things out, but he had on his work shirt with the CPS crest, which was visable along with his $15 dollar neon sunglasses.

nonsane
06-05-2006, 07:40 AM
Theres now some construction style 2005+ F150's(Just like the canyon that someone else posted)

They have regular plates but have a fleet sticker

The way they Really stick out is there is a clear marker on the front fenders that turns red/blue when lit.