PDA

View Full Version : alchohol and advil

HTN SWCHS
03-21-2006, 11:07 PM
is it safe to take advils when you hit a few drinks and about to go sleep?

last weekend i was really sick (still am) and made the mistake of taking 2 advils in the day, going to a buddies, drinking vodka, red bull, coughsyrup (cizzurb yO.) then going home and popping 2 more advils and a cup of neocitron, i was laying in bed till about 9 am (7 hours) before i got to sleep, i dont know if it was the advil mix or the alchohol/drugs that night that f-ed my sleep up

next day i hit a few beers and was afraid to take some medication afterwards,

is it safe to take advils when you hit a couple beers aswell? and how long do you guys usually sober up before you do? thanks,

88CRX
03-21-2006, 11:27 PM
I always thought no.... isnt it hard on your liver?

jdmakkord
03-21-2006, 11:28 PM
So you drink, while your immune system is fighting a virus, and processing multiple medications? Crazy idea here, but maybe, just maybe....lay off the sauce, and get some rest.

HTN SWCHS
03-21-2006, 11:31 PM
its hard, this bastard fever had to cross paths with a weekend, your right though,

James
03-21-2006, 11:31 PM
plus you had Red bull...think about it.

luv2xler8
03-21-2006, 11:33 PM
yeah deffinatly rest.... but its not recommended to drink while taking most medications because most pain relivers increase the affect of alcohol (i am on 4 diffrent kinds for my arthrites at age 17 :thumbsdow ) but if u want to go out and drink go ahead but stop after 3 (words outta my doctors mouth)

girlSTAR
03-21-2006, 11:34 PM
golden rule is to never mix drugs and alcohol.

redbull and neocitrin??? :eek:

ZedMan
03-21-2006, 11:47 PM
advil + alcohol + redbull + cough syrup + neocitron? :nut:
i think advil plus a little alcohol would be ok.

1-Cent
03-22-2006, 12:33 AM
If you're going to do drugs at least don't do it half-ass..

advil + alcohol + redbull + cough syrup + neocitron?

poser junkie. :closed:

2.2vtec
03-22-2006, 12:53 AM
Originally posted by 1-Cent
If you're going to do drugs at least don't do it half-ass..

advil + alcohol + redbull + cough syrup + neocitron?

poser junkie. :closed:

Are you a real junkie? How should we do it? Crack, E, Weed, vodka.....

James
03-22-2006, 01:24 AM
Originally posted by 2.2vtec

Sounds like a good weekend!:rofl:...toss a few rails and a 24pack of beer in there and your good to go!:rolleyes:

1-Cent
03-22-2006, 02:05 AM

Give me a break kid, sarcasm. But sure go rail some right now and report back on how much of an idiot you are.

2.2vtec
03-22-2006, 03:12 AM
Originally posted by 1-Cent

Give me a break kid, sarcasm. But sure go rail some right now and report back on how much of an idiot you are.

I think your the idiot because for one im not a kid and second havent you heard of sarcasm?:rolleyes:

1-Cent
03-22-2006, 03:57 AM

I think your the idiot because for one im not a kid

Depends whos standing in front of you I guess.

matt_calgary
03-22-2006, 04:16 AM
They did a study awhile ago on just redbull and alcohol. A little disturbing to say the least. I'd avoid it but hey its your call in the end

mo_virgin
03-22-2006, 04:17 AM
In my expirience, achohol makes ibp (advil motrin...) even more potent but i know that it is extremely bad for the liver. i think that unless you have a really bad headache to beat, id advise against it.

legendboy
03-22-2006, 09:31 AM
its ok to take a couple advil when your loaded before bed. the only down side to advil is it can be hard on your stomach. so instead of making you feel better in the morning, it can actually make you feel sicker if your stomach is already in rough shape from drinking.

DeeK
03-22-2006, 11:11 AM
My favorite cold remedy...

Get completely shitfaced... You will wake up with a huge hangover, but the day after that you will be good as new. Most cold germs can't live in an alcohol environment (alcohol in the blood) past 0.15 (or something like that, I can't remember the exact numbers).

mshaw
03-22-2006, 11:19 AM
^haha thats hilarious, im gonna try that next time im sick, just get completely fucked up

DeeK
03-22-2006, 11:24 AM
Originally posted by mshaw
^haha thats hilarious, im gonna try that next time im sick, just get completely fucked up

I do it everytime I get more than just a little cold. Gladly I don't take any kind of over the counter drugs. more crap in those to make you unhealthy rather than help you out. they supress the symptoms but end up make the illness last longer.

HTN SWCHS
03-24-2006, 10:56 AM
i hit the f-in jackpot

throat infection
ear infection
fever

looks like im getting smashed tonight

Rockski
03-24-2006, 12:40 PM
if you really wanna kick it up a notch i sudgest you find some emtec 30s, theyre like tylonol 3's but without that little bit of cafeine. pop aboot 2 of them and even after 3 beers you'll be feeling it:thumbsup:

Darkane
03-24-2006, 04:34 PM
Originally posted by DeeK
My favorite cold remedy...

Get completely shitfaced... You will wake up with a huge hangover, but the day after that you will be good as new. Most cold germs can't live in an alcohol environment (alcohol in the blood) past 0.15 (or something like that, I can't remember the exact numbers).

this makes alot of sense. Ive been super sick before, Hammered down the Rye and felt great a day or two later. ALWAYS works.. try it and report. But get fucking hammered so there is no chance of a misdrunk :)

matt_calgary
03-24-2006, 06:46 PM
Hahha a mis-drunk? Thats an amazing word that could describe so many hosers when I went to high school. The kind of guy that would drink half a beer and leave it somewhere, finish a case off and brag about it. ahhah simply amazing and so descriptive!

HTN SWCHS
03-25-2006, 01:57 AM
haha, one thing i learned from my alchohol fuelled summers is the guy with the beer counter, of him and everyone around him, is bullshit,

i lost in a drinking contest against him, because he kept tossing his shots out hte backseat window when i was downing mine, what a tool, no complaints... i was shitfaced