PDA

View Full Version : How tall is the avg sliding door?

Melinda
03-22-2006, 12:39 PM
Hello everyone! We just recently moved and I am going to make curtains for my sliding door leading out to the porch (the only door that doesnt have a covering on it already) But I didn't remember to measure how tall it is and I have planned to go purchase the fabric tonight. I wont have time to go home and measure before I go shopping so I was hoping someone could help me! How tall the average sliding door is? Thanks so much!

ninjak84
03-22-2006, 12:45 PM
I just measured mine at 6 feet, 6 inches.
Hopefully more people reply, so you can get a general concensus. I don't know what the average is, since I'm not going to run around the block asking people. :D

DeeK
03-22-2006, 12:47 PM
Average is approximately seven feet.

G
03-22-2006, 12:54 PM
I would hang it from where the ceiling meets the wall.
http://www.hunterdouglas.com/servlet/getasset?assetid=11826

moeman
03-22-2006, 01:36 PM
To make it look even better, hang it higher than where the ceiling meets the wall . ;)

BerserkerCatSplat
03-22-2006, 01:55 PM
Average height for any exterior/interior pass door is 80 inches for the rough hole, including door jamb if it's a prehung unit. It's possible you have an oddball height, but the chances are very slim. I would add a few feet onto your fabric, just because it looks nice having ceiling-to-floor drapes - I have full-length drapes in a dark blue and I love them.