PDA

View Full Version : stomach flu...... need help.... somewhat..

Jerms
03-22-2006, 09:42 PM
Alright guys, here the bottom line....

I just recently started to get ill in my stomach, i'd say sunday night to monday morning, couldn't sleep, felt cold and then boiling hot. Didn't feel the greatest all day but I ate, not a lot, but had enough to fill my appetite.

Yesterday, I thought I was getting better. Didn't experience any throwing up or intense shitting. I ate as well as much to fill my appetite.

but honestly today around 3pm it hit me hard. I threw up my nice lunch from Joey's, then since 5pm, i've been going on bathroom runs like every 5-10 minutes. It isn't pleasant at all. My stomach is ill and I know I have to go to the doctors but until then. I'm scared to lose wieght, and I know I have to eat something in order to get the basic nutrients in my body.

So what should I do? What should I eat? and to the people who experiene stomach flu, whats your say on trying to beat the damn virus?

Sharpie
03-22-2006, 09:44 PM
Most likely anything you eat you will just throw up so I dont see a point in trying to eat to get nutrients...:dunno: though I could be wrong....

Thaco
03-22-2006, 09:51 PM
when i had the flu i called that healthlink thing, they said dont eat or dring for about 4 hours and then slowly reintroduce clear liquids and then soup but make sure its slow or your stomache will just get irritated again and chuck it up.

kaput
03-22-2006, 09:54 PM

t-im
03-22-2006, 09:55 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stomach_flu

http://www.webmd.com/content/article/9/1680_51288.htm

Drink alot of water....

and I think you can get medicine to stop the diarrhea

civic_stylez
03-22-2006, 11:13 PM
green tea is good as well, it helps calm the stomach and increase metabolism.. water is the most important though, the intense shitting is draining all of your fluids so keep the water going in... if you really have a hard time eating take some gatorade as well to replenish electrolytes that you are losing quickly.

V6-BoI
03-22-2006, 11:36 PM
Go see a doctor to prescribe you some pills for the diarrhea. I had the stomach flu not too long ago, but mine wasn't as bad, I just got the runs every 20 minutes or so. I didn't take any medication so it lasted a week. That was the worst week of my life.

Also I hear flat ginger ale is suppose to calm your stomach as well, try drinking some of that whenever you eat.

toyotaz23
03-22-2006, 11:36 PM
Oh man, I came down with the exact same stomach flu on friday. I was puking/shitting/not sleeping but laying down for 3 and a half days straight, ate two bagels in that entire time. Now the stomach flu part is gone but I think i have Strep Throat now........double whammy.
I guess all you can do is drink lots of water and gatorade. gatorade made it possible for me to run to the bathroom and puke ahahahah
Yeah that sucks that you don't want to loose any weight. I've got a bit of a beer gut so I'm not too worried about it, still havent really eaten anything since friday ahahahaha i'm probably going to die or :barf:
well good luck with the sickness

GQBalla
03-22-2006, 11:56 PM
oh man i had the worst stomach flu last year. it was non stop puking and i had intense diareah like every 20 minutes. than i would have stomach cramps and this one time it got so bad that i thought it was another diareah but nothing would happen. so i sat up and all the sudden i blacked out from the pain. it was pretty wierd i woke up all sweaty and on the bathroom floor.

after i blacked out the cramps went away and i slowly got better.

i just drank tiny amounts of water all day.