PDA

View Full Version : How I got a FREE 360 wireless controller!

Das_Amaretto
03-23-2006, 12:17 AM
So... I got a sealed 360 off beyond here at the end of December, which was bought on release day. I got the receipt and everything, and went to BestBuy and got 3yr ext warr on it, cuz with it being an original release unit I feared it breaking.

Before Microsoft's 90-day ran out, I called them up and said my 360 was freezing up all the time, and running really hot, and finally convinced them to exchange it.

As soon as the rep said he'd send me an empty box to return my 360 to them in, I said my controller's right arrow on the D-pad was sticky, and has been so since day one. He said he'd send a box for that too and exchange it.

Now i thought this would take a while, but 4 business days later the packages arrived. The box for the 360 had a pre-paid sticker so shipping was on them. Then i opened the smaller box, and there was my free controller! with no return labels or anything!

I sent the 360 away on Monday and they got it Friday., I thought it would also take a few weeks til I could play again... but surprise! my new 360 arrived Monday morning! Plus they said nothing about wanting my bad controller back!

So, i got a new system (built Jan 29) and a free controller, and didn't have to touch my extended yet!

O ya, and bestbuy had no issues updating the warranty to the new serial #.

All u other 360 owners should abuse this loophole to get your free controller from Microsoft! :thumbsup:

1-800-4MY-XBOX

GQBalla
03-23-2006, 12:31 AM
sounds like it was a mistake.

well thats awesome for you though!

Lexxan
03-23-2006, 12:53 AM
Microsoft used to do that with warranty on for mouses.. they'd always tell me to ship but I never would and they didn't say shit.

Xtrema
03-23-2006, 01:04 AM
The controller cost $11 to make and probably another $11 to ship. Sending someone to remind you sending back a busted controller would cost more than $22.