PDA

View Full Version : Anyone playing Morrowind for 360?

Pages : [1] 2

heavyD
03-23-2006, 09:14 AM
I've already dumped about 8 hours in the last couple of nights on this game and haven't even scratched the surface. If you like your RPG's look no more, this game is like crack. Really pretty crack in 720p as it looks gorgeous and some of the creature animations are awesome. I think this game may edge out GRAW for my favorite 360 game.:thumbsup:

cityhunter2501
03-23-2006, 11:37 AM
don't you mean Oblivion?

anyway got it on PC
got only to play for 5 minutes so far, but I like how everything has a voice, previous ES games didnt like because of too much reading.

heavyD
03-23-2006, 12:07 PM
Originally posted by cityhunter2501
don't you mean Oblivion?

anyway got it on PC
got only to play for 5 minutes so far, but I like how everything has a voice, previous ES games didnt like because of too much reading.

You are right. I meant Elder Scrolls.

2000_SI
03-23-2006, 12:41 PM
Yeah, I have Oblivion on my PC, and I love it!

I was a huge Morrowind fan, so I got this one on the 21st, and have dumped about 8 hours as well.... so addictive.

darkbanana
03-23-2006, 04:47 PM
Yeah man, got it for 360, played about 12 hours so far, awesome game

skyline19
03-23-2006, 07:11 PM
i went to blockbuster to try it out but they dont have it:cry:

does any one have screenshots?

awd
03-23-2006, 07:15 PM
Yes, been playing quite a bit the last few days -- I can't wait til days off.

:poosie:

b_t
03-23-2006, 11:10 PM
if you are having trouble finding a copy, the blockbuster in cochrane has about 15 for rent and ten to buy. I've been playin it all day, what a FUN game, WAY better then morrowind IMO

Kalehr
03-25-2006, 12:06 AM
Spent far too much time so far in game, and still can't get enough. By far my favorite 360 game

AJL
03-25-2006, 12:51 AM
One of my favorite series in video games ever. Havent been able to play it much all week... (work)... but now its weekend. :D

matt_calgary
03-25-2006, 02:32 AM
For elder's scrolls, I think I've invested/wasted about 80 hrs of my life into that game. There is just so much stuff you can do its amazing. I havn't played the new one but am really eager to!

cityhunter2501
03-25-2006, 05:40 PM
http://img299.imageshack.us/img299/3408/taemo4xf.th.jpg (http://img299.imageshack.us/my.php?image=taemo4xf.jpg)

this game is fun, just played 6 hours straight, but now time to go out

http://img71.imageshack.us/img71/5780/ob40kd.th.jpg (http://img71.imageshack.us/my.php?image=ob40kd.jpg)
http://img71.imageshack.us/img71/6761/ob57om.th.jpg (http://img71.imageshack.us/my.php?image=ob57om.jpg)

GQBalla
03-26-2006, 08:59 PM
i jsut bought oblivion for pc on friday, so far ive only played about a hour and a half.

its fucken awesome, the graphics are soooo nice, just like morrowwind except with better graphics and much better gameplay.

i can't wait till i get to play it more

kaput
03-26-2006, 09:19 PM

heavyD
03-26-2006, 09:41 PM
Ha Ha. I've put in nearly 14 hours and haven't even started the main quest yet. I've been busy joining guilds, traveling, dungeon crawling, and I got bit in the neck in my sleep and am turning into a vampire so I'm on a quest to get cured. I think I'm going to get my money's worth out if this game.:goflames:

TEAMFaint
03-26-2006, 11:07 PM
Originally posted by kaput
Is this kind of like diablo or what?

Nothing like Diablo. Diablo was a game where you know exactly what to do every single time and the game is boring..(not saying its a bad game, I played many many MANY hours of Diablo II LoD) but with this game, everything you do has an effect on the game. If you fall asleep at night, a vampire can bite you and then you'll be a vampire, or if you kill a certain person, you will be "Wanted"
Its a very fun game, and very time consuming :)

cityhunter2501
03-27-2006, 12:38 AM
Originally posted by heavyD
Ha Ha. I've put in nearly 14 hours and haven't even started the main quest yet. I've been busy joining guilds, traveling, dungeon crawling, and I got bit in the neck in my sleep and am turning into a vampire so I'm on a quest to get cured. I think I'm going to get my money's worth out if this game.:goflames:

same here. the only thing I did so far for the main quest was talk to the friar. other than that travelled alot. Member of Mages, Fighters, Thieves and Dark Brotherhood guild and I'm the Champion Arena. Best thing on this game is stealing houses at night.

lots of helpful mods for the PC version too.

b_t
03-27-2006, 09:01 AM
I did a few missions for the main quest, now I am a member of the Blades and got a full suit of their armor and a daikatana... I closed an extra oblivion gate, those things are creepy when you just find them out in the middle of no where. Then I solved a few murder mysteries and killed this guy who kept accusing people of being vampires, got some intense enchanted stuff, and trekked way up north, killed a ton of ogres and found an outpost left over from a war thousands of years and then got an artifact for the Count of this northern town.. then went back tothe beginning dungeon on that island and I keep finding TONS of these stones that are worth 50 or 100 gold.
Just got to level 12, everybody is starting to drop dwarven and silver stuff.. I keep getting overencumbered and leaving stuff behind, but you get a free horse for doing the main quest so that makes it easy to keep traveling back and forth from dungeon to town...

this game is SO MUCH FUN

heavyD
03-27-2006, 10:36 AM
If you get bit in your sleep by a Vampire immediately look for the cure!!!!!! I waited too long doing other missions and was a full blown Vampire. I would die in 2 seconds in daylight which really sucks and they send you to three different cities on the quest for the cure which means you can only do travelling at night.:(

kaput
03-27-2006, 11:05 AM

seer_claw
03-27-2006, 11:15 AM
Just picked it up for my computer, can't justify paying for an Xbox when I have a decent computer.

But damn am I ever having fun, just joined the fighters guild. Really haven't spent a lot of time on it yet because of school but damn does it ever look good. Still just getting into it tho, I really need more time. I loved the other versions.

b_t
03-27-2006, 11:42 AM
Originally posted by kaput
Uh ok it sounds interesting but I still dont get what its all about? Sounds like the game of life in fantasyland with stealing houses and stuff. Is it pay to play? Whats the point of it?

well the main story is, the emperor gets assassinated, you have to go find his heir, and find out who killed them. one of these daedric princes, kind of the lords of the underworld I suppose, is involved, and you have to stop him too. that quest on its own is like 20 hours, but there is a ton of side quests to do and those are more fun. You really can do whatever you want. The point is whatever you want to make it. There are TONS of dungeons scattered around, tons of quests in every town, you can just eavesdrop to find out about some things or persuade people into telling you interesting things, you can find rare plants, or worship daedric gods, or be a mass murderer, or a thief, or an assassin, and own houses..........

but I guess, if you want a traditional linear RPG, just play the main quest... its got some high powered voice actors, Patrick Stewart is the emperor and the guy who played Boromir in Lord of the Rings is his heir. its exactly what you want to make it. You can either invest a ton of time in the involved main quest missions, or just go around and jump into smaller quests or go spelunking and find rare stuff. It is basically the best game to come out in its genre since Final Fantasy 7.

GorG
03-27-2006, 11:56 AM
theres a new one??? i loved morrowind. the only thing i wished was that it would be multiplayer that would be the best game ever. is the new one multiplayer i'm going to have to check it out

heavyD
03-27-2006, 12:30 PM
Originally posted by b_t
but I guess, if you want a traditional linear RPG, just play the main quest... its got some high powered voice actors, Patrick Stewart is the emperor and the guy who played Boromir in Lord of the Rings is his heir. its exactly what you want to make it. You can either invest a ton of time in the involved main quest missions, or just go around and jump into smaller quests or go spelunking and find rare stuff. It is basically the best game to come out in its genre since Final Fantasy 7.

It's basically everything Fable was supposed to be.:thumbsup:

b_t
03-27-2006, 12:39 PM

It's basically everything Fable was supposed to be.:thumbsup:

ahahaha that is the comparison I am using to describe Oblivion to a lot of my friends :D now, if only your hero aged in Oblivion...

heavyD
03-27-2006, 01:43 PM
Originally posted by b_t
now, if only your hero aged in Oblivion...

Let him turn into a Vampire.;) My dark elve's face shrivelled up and turned white with cool red eyes.

Kalehr
03-27-2006, 09:27 PM
If you get bit in your sleep by a Vampire immediately look for the cure!!!!!! I waited too long doing other missions and was a full blown Vampire. I would die in 2 seconds in daylight which really sucks and they send you to three different cities on the quest for the cure which means you can only do travelling at night.:(

When you first get turned into a vampire if you keep feeding on daily basis you can walk around in the sun and wont be shunned by people.

Thought I read if you feed enough too you can revert back to first stage of vampirism, which sunlight doesnt affect you and peopel still talk to you heh

b_t
03-28-2006, 12:13 PM
I just busted my ass last night and got all the way to Arena Grand Master, the last fight was laaame... I did the quest to find out the Grey Prince's past and it makes him so depressed he just stood there as I beat the hell out of him. But, I got some intense gear from it, a suit of armor that is +10 to strength, endurance and agility (I think its agility anyway) but it looks dumb. Now I got an elven longsword and shield too, and my fame is at 80!

cityhunter2501
03-28-2006, 06:53 PM
Originally posted by b_t
I just busted my ass last night and got all the way to Arena Grand Master, the last fight was laaame... I did the quest to find out the Grey Prince's past and it makes him so depressed he just stood there as I beat the hell out of him. But, I got some intense gear from it, a suit of armor that is +10 to strength, endurance and agility (I think its agility anyway) but it looks dumb. Now I got an elven longsword and shield too, and my fame is at 80!

what lvl did you fight him?
I was i think lvl 9 when I did it and he was only carrying dwarven sword and shield

b_t
03-28-2006, 07:26 PM
I was level 12 and he had a elven sword and shield... I think it was anyway, I sold the shield right away since I already had an elven one. The huge boost in fame is awesome, when I ask for rumors, people just talk about how I am the hero of Kvatch :D

anyone know what the Stranger in the Abandoned House in Anvil is all about? He has a max disposition to me, says hi, but I can't even talk to him or anything. I tried killing him and it just knocked him unconscious and he doesn't fight, so he is for a quest... thieves guild??

cityhunter2501
03-28-2006, 08:31 PM
Originally posted by b_t
I was level 12 and he had a elven sword and shield... I think it was anyway, I sold the shield right away since I already had an elven one. The huge boost in fame is awesome, when I ask for rumors, people just talk about how I am the hero of Kvatch :D

anyone know what the Stranger in the Abandoned House in Anvil is all about? He has a max disposition to me, says hi, but I can't even talk to him or anything. I tried killing him and it just knocked him unconscious and he doesn't fight, so he is for a quest... thieves guild??

yeah im guessing he's with the thieves guild too, but havent done that much beside 3-4quests with the thieves guild to know him.

have you done the haunted mansion quest in anvil by any chance?
I found the guy that sold me the house in imperial city. talked to him and my quest log says I need to convince him to come with me back to Anvil and clear everything up.
but how? tried talking to him, no way he wants to come, and my charm pt with him is already 100

awd
03-28-2006, 09:37 PM
I have been playing for days.

b_t
03-28-2006, 10:51 PM

yeah im guessing he's with the thieves guild too, but havent done that much beside 3-4quests with the thieves guild to know him.

I found the guy that sold me the house in imperial city. talked to him and my quest log says I need to convince him to come with me back to Anvil and clear everything up.
but how? tried talking to him, no way he wants to come, and my charm pt with him is already 100

I was actually poking around in Anvil trying to find the haunted house so I could buy it, I heard someone talking about it, but I didn't know the guy who owned it was in the Imperial City.. who do I talk to about that?

I just got Oblivion up and running on my comp too :D runs decently well, aside from annoying pauses because my comp is seriously lacking RAM, and it looks even better then the Xbox 360 version since you can set all the view distances for grass, trees, people, everything to more then double, it loads much quicker, but pauses to load new music tracks.. time to upgrade!

cityhunter2501
03-29-2006, 12:30 AM
Originally posted by b_t

I was actually poking around in Anvil trying to find the haunted house so I could buy it, I heard someone talking about it, but I didn't know the guy who owned it was in the Imperial City.. who do I talk to about that?

at first you can find the guy in the inn at anvil. he sells you the big house for 5000. you buy it, go sleep there and turns out the house is haunted.
then you have to look for the guy again and this time he will be in imperial city

skyline19
03-29-2006, 08:21 PM
just got it and now i am stuck with the first quest for the thevies guild. i have to steal the taxes back from this imperial guard dude but its up in this tower guarded by these imperials 24/7. How do you get up there and steal it?

another one i am having trouble with is the unfair competetion one where you have to go to that guys house and check it out. when i click on whether its in broad daylight or in the middle of the night it says its barred from the inside. How the hell do you get in?

oh and i need one more nirnroot and i cant find one anywhere. where can i find one more?

Eride
03-29-2006, 09:15 PM

In the house there is a broken jar, and a skeleton hand you need to grab those before you go and talk to the dude in the imperial city. Then he will come with you. On another note anyone found any sweet artifacts yet? I found the Umbra sword and an unbreakable lockpick so far.

b_t
03-29-2006, 10:32 PM
sweet artifacts? hell no all mine are regular weapons right now, the enchanted ones run out too fast and cost more money to keep going then to just sell right away. where the hell can I get an unbreakable lockpick? i NEED one.. and where is Umbra? my bro said he was in a cave north of the Imperial City, south of the road that runs along that north shore to the Weynon Priory (The one you take at the beginning)

Eride
03-29-2006, 10:54 PM
I found the lockpick...(SPOILER)

In a shrine NE of Layewin, its a daedric shrine, you need to be at least lv 10 to get it. Just follow the road a ways and look for the statue. As far as Umbra, in a cave south west of the Imperial city, very tough fight though.

cityhunter2501
03-30-2006, 01:37 AM
Originally posted by skyline19
just got it and now i am stuck with the first quest for the thevies guild. i have to steal the taxes back from this imperial guard dude but its up in this tower guarded by these imperials 24/7. How do you get up there and steal it?

another one i am having trouble with is the unfair competetion one where you have to go to that guys house and check it out. when i click on whether its in broad daylight or in the middle of the night it says its barred from the inside. How the hell do you get in?

oh and i need one more nirnroot and i cant find one anywhere. where can i find one more?

for that thevies guild quest I used the clothes Dark Brotherhood gave me when I joined them and went at night.

nirnroot, you can find it anywhere near body of waters, lakes, rivers. in and out Bravil you can find some, also most rich people have ninroots at their houses.

Eride, what do you mean the lockpick?
the one that is unbreakable?

2000_SI
03-30-2006, 10:01 AM
Woot!
Just got to Lvl 17 last night... Made Grand Champion of the Arena, getting pretty high up in the Fighters Guild, got the Star of Azura for Martin Septim, and then closed another Oblivion gate for Jauffre...

I am going to have to sue Bethseda, this game is distracting me from my real world duties :D

b_t
03-30-2006, 01:14 PM
ha I downloaded it for my comp and then used cheats to "copy" over my char from the xbox version... no way I am sinkin in another 16 hours to get to where I was, even though I still have to do all my quests again

PC version runs great WITHOUT HDR... with just bloom lighting, it still looks pretty good, but HDR just destroys the framerate, it goes straight in the shitter.

cityhunter2501
03-30-2006, 02:15 PM
can you post screenshots of Oblivion running on bloom?

I play with max details, HDR and 1280x1024

also make sure to check out http://www.elderscrolls.com/forums/index.php?showforum=25
lots of good mods are out for the pc version

b_t
03-30-2006, 04:25 PM
actually I was lying when I said it didn't look that bad :D I just looked a bunch of HDR screenies again and the bloom lighting looks completely lifeless in comparison.. still decent by, say, Half Life 2 (without Lost Coast) standards... but I need more power! Even at what I am running, 800x600 with everything turned on and all the view distances set to a long way, the frame rate will start chugging like madness to load stuff, 512mb of RAM is not cutting it for this game

Eride
03-30-2006, 09:31 PM

for that thevies guild quest I used the clothes Dark Brotherhood gave me when I joined them and went at night.

nirnroot, you can find it anywhere near body of waters, lakes, rivers. in and out Bravil you can find some, also most rich people have ninroots at their houses.

Eride, what do you mean the lockpick?
the one that is unbreakable?

Yes the Lockpick is called the Skeleton Key, it is unbreakable and it boosts your security skill by 40 I believe. Pretty sweet pick up for sure. The Umbra swod and armour is awesome too.

GQBalla
03-31-2006, 04:30 AM
oh man you guys are absolutly nutz, im doin the main quest and i just got to the first tower and im tryin to close the first oblivion gate, i just met the guy in the cage, i think after i close this gate ill go do my own kinda thing

Eride
03-31-2006, 10:55 AM
Yea, I have only done the first Oblivion Gate for the main quest, the rest has all been side quests. Champion of the Arena, almost top of the fighters guild. Almost time to get going on the main again.

b_t
04-02-2006, 12:15 PM
Just got to be arena Grand Champion for a second time. This time I didn't help the Grey Prince find out his past, so he actually fought. He was a wimp! I was level 13 and I'm using a glass dagger and I staggered him back with almost every other hit

cityhunter2501
04-02-2006, 02:01 PM
Originally posted by b_t
Just got to be arena Grand Champion for a second time. This time I didn't help the Grey Prince find out his past, so he actually fought. He was a wimp! I was level 13 and I'm using a glass dagger and I staggered him back with almost every other hit

i think its worth helping him since you get some attributes bonus
currently lvl20 now and finally get to use ebony longswords.
oh im master in alteration, mercantile, heavy armor, armorer, acrobatics too

RC-Cola
04-04-2006, 08:31 AM
Hey, does anyone know how to cure yourself, I got some wierd disease and my cure disease spells are not working. The disease is effecting my intelligence level by 5 points which is effecting my spell casting...

2000_SI
04-04-2006, 08:42 AM
Go to a chapel in any city and pray at the Altar of the Nine..

Yeah I just hit lvl 23 last night... about to take down my 9th or so oblivion gate, and I have wicked Armor/weapons, all custom/unique.
I carry 3 long swords:
Thornblade (Disintigrates armor 100pts every hit)
Frostmourne* (Ebony Longsword that does 25 points of Frost Damage Every Hit, Drain Life 20% Every hit)
The Arm of Junpei (Glass Longsword with 25 points of Fire damage every hit)

My Custom Armor
Chest of Junpei (Glass Currias with 20% Sheild Self)
Skull of Junpei (Elven Helmet with 15% Absorb Magica)

I love this Game! :D

*5 points if you catch what I named it after... should be easy ;)

modded46
04-04-2006, 09:49 AM
PGR 3
Call of Duty 2
ESPN Hockey

Can't wait to try out Battlefield 2, that's going to be the big one.

b_t
04-04-2006, 09:58 AM
Originally posted by 2000_SI
Go to a chapel in any city and pray at the Altar of the Nine..

Yeah I just hit lvl 23 last night... about to take down my 9th or so oblivion gate, and I have wicked Armor/weapons, all custom/unique.
I carry 3 long swords:
Thornblade (Disintigrates armor 100pts every hit)
Frostmourne* (Ebony Longsword that does 25 points of Frost Damage Every Hit, Drain Life 20% Every hit)
The Arm of Junpei (Glass Longsword with 25 points of Fire damage every hit)

My Custom Armor
Chest of Junpei (Glass Currias with 20% Sheild Self)
Skull of Junpei (Elven Helmet with 15% Absorb Magica)

I love this Game! :D

*5 points if you catch what I named it after... should be easy ;)

junpei from megatokyo??

2000_SI
04-04-2006, 02:15 PM
Well I was actually referring to Frostmourne... but yeah, Junpei (my chars name) I got from MT...:D

EDIT: I just realized that I am an idiot. Junpei is my second character, Gomarth is my main. So now I jsut realized that my main Character has a bunch of armor named after my second character... doh!

GQBalla
04-04-2006, 02:57 PM
frostmourne is from wc3 and ft

im lovin this game!!!!!!

ive just escorted jauffre and martin to the blades place in the mountains,

i dunno if i want to join the blades, lol

i think imma go and do my own thing now, and than get back to the main quest later

b_t
04-04-2006, 04:13 PM
Join the Blades! There is no reason not to, it does not effect anything.. I think it might actually add a fame point or two. Plus you get to jack all of their shit, without it showing up as stolen. their swords sell for a pretty decent price, and they respawn every couple days so it is a steaady source of funds.
The swords themselves are pretty good, but they break very easily.. the armor is decent at best.

skyline19
04-04-2006, 04:42 PM
just curious but what is everyones race, class, and birthsigns?

im a redgurad, with a custom class and my birthsign is the warrior. i am almost unstopable with this combination so far.

2000_SI
04-04-2006, 04:54 PM
Nord, custom class, birthsign of The Warrior

Redguards are pretty good, had one for my main Morrowind character...

cityhunter2501
04-04-2006, 05:00 PM
nord warrior aswell
class was custom but they were: atheltics, armorer, heavy armor, blade, restoration, blunt

skyline19
04-04-2006, 06:05 PM
i tryed the dark elf but i got killed so easy it was ridiculous. good magic though

RC-Cola
04-04-2006, 06:20 PM
I'm an Dark Elf undser the sign of the Champoin and I made a custom class of Adventure. It mixes Destruction magic with Blade, block and armour.

So far I have been unstoppable as I can sneak up and do massive amounts of damage before anyone knows I'm there. :thumbsup:

GQBalla
04-04-2006, 11:07 PM
dark elf
warlock
and born under the sign of the thief

b_t
04-05-2006, 10:33 AM
Redguard
sign of the Ritual
custom class, the "Gentlesalad" ahaha
blade, heavy armor, block, illusion, speechcraft, mercantile, marksman

GQBalla
04-07-2006, 03:34 AM
you guys are crazy who are lvl 20....

im on lvl 8 and ive put in about 13 hours i think.

the mini quest are way better than the main quest so far.

i just closed my 2nd oblivion gate, and im still learning new stuff with this game.

the graphics in this game are great!

i tweaked the settings in the game for some more performance without taking away the graphics, and i set it up so i dont have to see that stupid bethasda thing when i start the game up

2000_SI
04-07-2006, 09:10 AM
Woot... just hit lvl 27 last night, after closing my 10th Oblivion gate :D

Also got the skeleton key (and no, i did not look at the cheats, it just happened to be the reward for a quest i was doing). All the Daedric shrine quests hook you up! :D

GQBalla
04-07-2006, 11:58 AM
holy crap lvl 27 ^^^ how many hours did you put in???

2000_SI
04-07-2006, 01:29 PM
I dont even want to know:D

skyline19
04-07-2006, 10:06 PM
i have closed 10 oblivion gates and im only a level 15. whats up with that?

GQBalla
04-08-2006, 12:12 AM
nothing. maybe he just did a bunch of quests instead of going around and closing gates?

^^^^

geez you guys how do you have so much time to play this game its like a drug, but i have to go study and work...

2000_SI
04-09-2006, 01:27 PM
Just hit lvl 31...
Finished the main quest, which, for you people who have been avoiding it, it extremly amazing, especialy the last 4 hours or so of it. Not going to give anything away, but its deffinitly the best part of the game!

modded46
04-10-2006, 04:12 PM
Evil Evil Evil game.. Only 4 1/2 hours into it and very addictive.. Got it for the 360 and it's absolutely beautiful on a 53" HD Widescreen

kaput
04-10-2006, 08:18 PM

skyline19
04-10-2006, 08:34 PM
^^^shit if rats are owning you now just wait a little later in the game and you'll really be shittin your pants. what race are you?

kaput
04-10-2006, 09:07 PM

ZedMan
04-10-2006, 09:16 PM
Yes, when in the inventory or spell menu hold any of the 1-8 # keys and click the item/spell you want associated with it. To fast travel go to the world map (f4) screen and click on a location. If you just run around it'll take yo forever to level up. Do some quests or fight in the arena.

Dammit, time to build another computer. Must have full detail and hardware lighting. Even so, in crappy mode it still looks pretty damn good.

Clever
04-18-2006, 05:03 PM
Played for about 2 hours last night, can't wait to get home and play some more. I did close the first portal but like everyone else said, i'll be doing more side quest as my equipment are all entry level crap. Goodbye social life.

GQBalla
04-19-2006, 01:32 AM
^^^ prepare to get sucked in its like a drug i swear.

i haven't had lots of time to play recently but tomorrow is my day off ill be puttin in at least a hour or so.

anyone have any problems with the computer version though? sometimes when i try to start up from a saved game it freezes my comp so than i reboot and it works fine? now i just hit continue from last game and no more problems.

hehehe im in the brotherhood, fighters guild, mages guild and theives guild.

so far ive only been doin brother hood quests.

b_t
04-19-2006, 09:36 AM
woohoo almost level 20. I'm a nefarious murderer now. I did some quest where I have to kill a vampire, then I went to his house, and this dark elf guy was upstairs in his bed, so I stayed there until he got mad at me and all the sudden he puts on a full set of ebony armor and starts swinging an ebony claymore at me. So I had to kill him, and then I got a full set of ebony gear plus the ebony shortsword I got off his buddy at level 17. Then I used all my sigil stones on it, so I think my agility is fortified 12 points, strength 20 points, and blade 17 points just from my armor :D

kaput
04-19-2006, 09:45 AM

GQBalla
04-19-2006, 11:20 AM
i have so much money right now^^^ i really don't buy any armour and stuff i just go around and find my weapons and armour.

try doin the arena battles youll get some decent cash flow there. and than just go off and do quests or join a guild and do their quests

ZedMan
04-19-2006, 12:21 PM
Originally posted by b_t
woohoo almost level 20. I'm a nefarious murderer now. I did some quest where I have to kill a vampire, then I went to his house, and this dark elf guy was upstairs in his bed, so I stayed there until he got mad at me and all the sudden he puts on a full set of ebony armor and starts swinging an ebony claymore at me. So I had to kill him, and then I got a full set of ebony gear plus the ebony shortsword I got off his buddy at level 17. Then I used all my sigil stones on it, so I think my agility is fortified 12 points, strength 20 points, and blade 17 points just from my armor :D

Haha, it's pretty easy being a murderer, eh? the fine's like $40 (or less if you're in the thieves guild).

b_t
04-19-2006, 12:36 PM
Originally posted by ZedMan

Haha, it's pretty easy being a murderer, eh? the fine's like $40 (or less if you're in the thieves guild).

kill them in their house while they sleep and there is no fine at all :D

Clever
04-19-2006, 05:06 PM
Originally posted by GQBalla
^^^ prepare to get sucked in its like a drug i swear.

i haven't had lots of time to play recently but tomorrow is my day off ill be puttin in at least a hour or so.

anyone have any problems with the computer version though? sometimes when i try to start up from a saved game it freezes my comp so than i reboot and it works fine? now i just hit continue from last game and no more problems.

hehehe im in the brotherhood, fighters guild, mages guild and theives guild.

so far ive only been doin brother hood quests.

No doubt! I spent 4 hours on it last night and if i didn't have to work today i would've kept going. I checked out a few things but i have yet to find the guilds, i'm still a measly level 1, after about 5 quest accomplished, is that normal? or am i just sucking? i'm going cave hunting to find better weapons, i only have the shitty stuff.

ZedMan
04-19-2006, 05:47 PM
Go to the arena and sign up. Even if you don't fight, you get a decent (for the start of the game) set of armor. Arena fighting is good for gaining skills, too. If you have athletics or acrobatics as one of your main skills run and jump everywhere.

skyline19
04-19-2006, 10:34 PM
I have a full set of ebony stuff and i put reflect on all of it so my reflection is at about 90%. i pretty much own everyone who casts spells at me.

i really wished i did the daedic shrines earlier in the game though cause shit they dish out some sweet stuff. i got the skeleton key, Azuras stone and this wicked mace.

this game is a drug and lets just say i have put in a weeks worth of playing time and i am nowhere near done.

b_t
04-19-2006, 10:55 PM
haha I am out of space to display all my epic items in the Anvil house so now I think I am going to fire up the construction set and make my own house somewhere else, with more display room :D

b_t
04-20-2006, 10:50 PM
where is a good place to get Grand Soul Gems? I need 5 for the vampire cure quest, but I only have 1. or can I just pickpocket a book out of her pocket with the info I need?

2000_SI
04-25-2006, 08:41 AM
Mages guilds always have them, so if your not a member then join and they have them lying around for anyone in the guild to use. Each branch usualy also has a member who sells them.

b_t
04-25-2006, 11:49 AM
thanks for the pointers :D time to go rob some mage's guilds!!

I've discovered that putting things in your house to display them is almost as much fun as finding the things in the first place.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v654/Sakeido/ScreenShot0.jpg
every ebony weapon
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v654/Sakeido/ScreenShot2.jpg
an enchanted glass and elven claymore, and a regular ebony one that is still 2700 gold or something
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v654/Sakeido/ScreenShot3.jpg
and some enchanted orcish armor that isn't good enough for me to use :D

Clever
04-25-2006, 12:39 PM
Originally posted by b_t
thanks for the pointers :D time to go rob some mage's guilds!!

I've discovered that putting things in your house to display them is almost as much fun as finding the things in the first place.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v654/Sakeido/ScreenShot0.jpg
every ebony weapon
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v654/Sakeido/ScreenShot2.jpg
an enchanted glass and elven claymore, and a regular ebony one that is still 2700 gold or something
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v654/Sakeido/ScreenShot3.jpg
and some enchanted orcish armor that isn't good enough for me to use :D

Nice, right now the baddest piece of equipment I have is Akiviri(sp?) kaitana. I'm at level 5, i have to find me some of those!

Also what the fuck is up with the white unicorn, it came out of nowhere and tried to kill me!

b_t
04-25-2006, 02:22 PM
I am pretty sure you can cruise up to a unicorn, with your weapon put away, and it won't attack you. I can't recall exactly what the point of them are, but I do know that they kick just about everything else's ass.. I've seen one take out a minotaur lord no problem.

JeremyD
04-25-2006, 02:30 PM
The unicorn can be used as a mount. I had to kill some tough minotaurs to get it but I am using it. What the difference between the different mounts is I am not sure but it is a mount.

the highest bounty I had on my head was 9700. I wiped out all the guards in the skingard prison during a thief guild mission (one where I wasn't supposed to kill anyone - oops).

I am level 30 now - almost 80 hours invested in the game.

2000_SI
04-25-2006, 03:58 PM
Hmmm... lvl 34 now... starting to run out of things to do!
Im already awaiting the first expansion pack :rofl:

GQBalla
04-25-2006, 04:02 PM
theres a expansion pack????^^^^^^^^^^

really im only lvl 16. haven't had much time to play only put in 29 hours thoughs.

i just finished all the brotherhood stuff.

goin to go do the main quest im thinking soon

b_t
04-25-2006, 04:12 PM
Originally posted by JeremyD
The unicorn can be used as a mount. I had to kill some tough minotaurs to get it but I am using it. What the difference between the different mounts is I am not sure but it is a mount.

the highest bounty I had on my head was 9700. I wiped out all the guards in the skingard prison during a thief guild mission (one where I wasn't supposed to kill anyone - oops).

I am level 30 now - almost 80 hours invested in the game.

the mounts are all different speeds..
Paint horse is the slowest.

there is an in-between one here I think

Black horse is the fastest regular horse.

Shadowmere is a black horse, really fast, and it is also a psycho... if something attacks you, shadowmere will attack it until its dead. shadowmere can't die, and when he's knocked unconscious you can drop loot onto him so you don't always have to make trips back to town. he has an infinite weight limit, apparently, too. wait a minute for him to wake up again, get on him so he doesn't wander away, and wait an hour to get him back to full health. Attack him until he's unconscious again to get your loot back.

I have zero experience with the unicorn.

skyline19
04-26-2006, 08:45 PM
i had to do a quest for the deadric shrine where i had to kill a unicorn. was that a mistake? where do you find them?

Clever
04-29-2006, 11:32 AM
I found the unicorn while roaming North East of Lewyawiin(sp?) i tried to mount it but it kept attacking me. I ended up going into a cave to get rid of it, haven't seen it since.

JeremyD
05-05-2006, 12:03 PM
I picked up Shadowmere and it is a lot faster than the unicorn. I am not sure about combat ability yet.

I just gotta remember where I dumped the unicorn so that I can do that daedric quest now. Though for some reason (despite the huge numbers of humanoids I stabbed in the back or in their beds) I find it wrong to kill the unicorn. maybe cuz it seems unique.

GQBalla
05-05-2006, 12:32 PM
i lost shadowmere.....

i dunno how but when i fast ravel places usually it says your horse is stabled in blah blah... but now its gone and i can't seem to find it!!!

b_t
05-05-2006, 08:45 PM
Well shadowmere can't die.. maybe fast travel to somewhere in the wilderness and try and find him out there? I got bad news though, if he got his ass handed to him while you were in a dungeon and you left, he is now totally gone.

BigDannyCool
05-05-2006, 09:04 PM
i attacked my horse by accident and he attacked me, so i ran away now he's gone. on another note how do you get your shit back from the brotherhood. They make you give everything up and wear the cloak, i ran out of there as fast as i could after i stole the book.