PDA

View Full Version : Subaru Track Day

RickDaTuner
03-23-2006, 11:12 AM
well since Race city is open for another year, Fuji should plan the Track day that was promised last year... lol

I'd like to see a Track full Of WRB scooby's

who's with me haha :thumbsup:

List:

RickDaTuner
Fuji
Mac_82
Tuner1

mac_82
03-23-2006, 11:13 AM
:D

mac_82
03-23-2006, 11:30 AM
some time in late may or june would be perfect. :thumbsup:

the weekend of may 5/6 there are a lot of scoobies taking part in the ASA Autoslalom School in Edmonton. as far as i know i think 6-7 are coming out at least. i am sure another track day within the next month or so after this would provide a great opportunity to practise.

Fuji
03-23-2006, 12:11 PM
Track is under new management. It will be hard to get time this year. I am working on getting track days right now, but no promises. The other issue is not many of the guys who want to go have been to an official school or anything. I only know of a handful of us who can go with the instructor I currently use.

Also the cost will be probably a lot more than last year too. 220+/day --

mac_82
03-23-2006, 01:30 PM
What kind of official school is needed?

SubiePilot
03-23-2006, 01:42 PM
I'd be in but it would depend on the day as I am not always around due to work. And I also would like to know about a school. Does rally school count?lol

Fuji
03-23-2006, 02:04 PM
At the minimum something like a driving course such as the 2 day BMW driving school or Track Techniques 3 day course. They are expensive but are worth the money. It's better to have 18 cars on that track that know whats going on than ppl driving in an unsafe manner

Tuner1
03-23-2006, 02:09 PM
Great idea! I'd sign up for this event. See who can chase my FXT around the track :D

Rob

RedBull
03-23-2006, 09:32 PM
I'd be in for this event as well if you allow "non-subies" to come out and play. (4 BMW driving schools under my belt now)

I need some track time in my Challenge Car for this summer, or maybe the Z :thumbsup: Either way count me in!

-RedBull

vincent-h
03-25-2006, 05:35 PM
heyy what about us none WRB subbies?
share some love!

RickDaTuner
03-28-2006, 03:58 PM
well to get things in the right direction, post if your interested in comming so Fuji has a rough number to work with...

i'll start a list on the first post

speedracer
03-28-2006, 04:46 PM
Originally posted by RickDaTuner
well to get things in the right direction, post if your interested in comming so Fuji has a rough number to work with...

i'll start a list on the first post

Maybe you missed what Fuji said:
You have to be willing to be enrolled in a course as well.

I would budget as well:
Roughly $500 a person for a course.
+
X Track days pre paid
(prob 3 track days so maybe $800)

Why this much money?
Short:Money talks

A bit longer: Track rental is not cheap and no shows hurt everyone that comes out - To be honest, only a few "hardcores" come out.

Ricky,
If you can get a strong list together track days are possible.

The course is not in anyway related to a full Racing course just structured for Race City and to adhere to Race Track Insurance. If there is enough interest maybe instructors can be pulled in :)

Maybe the better question is who would be interested in a Track Course as I don't see many people (hardcore :bigpimp: ) able to afford the track days as well.

mac_82
03-28-2006, 04:53 PM
I am taking the ASA autoslalom school this May in Edmonton. If that is not good enough, then I guess count me out....

:dunno:

speedracer
03-28-2006, 05:05 PM
Originally posted by mac_82
I am taking the ASA autoslalom school this May in Edmonton. If that is not good enough, then I guess count me out....

:dunno:

Read below.

Originally posted by Fuji
At the minimum something like a driving course such as the 2 day BMW driving school or Track Techniques 3 day course. They are expensive but are worth the money. It's better to have 18 cars on that track that know whats going on than ppl driving in an unsafe manner

Originally posted by speedracer

The course is not in anyway related to a full Racing course just structured for Race City and to adhere to Race Track Insurance. If there is enough interest maybe instructors can be pulled in :)

mac_82
03-28-2006, 05:37 PM
I just thought the 2 day ASA course could have been similar to the 2 day BMW driving school.

I didn't realize the course had to be at Race City to adhere to their insurance.

If a track course is being offered I would be interested in that.

RickDaTuner
03-28-2006, 06:04 PM
Originally posted by speedracer

Maybe you missed what Fuji said:
You have to be willing to be enrolled in a course as well.

I would budget as well:
Roughly $500 a person for a course.
+
X Track days pre paid
(prob 3 track days so maybe $800)

Why this much money?
Short:Money talks

A bit longer: Track rental is not cheap and no shows hurt everyone that comes out - To be honest, only a few "hardcores" come out.

Ricky,
If you can get a strong list together track days are possible.

Maybe the better question is who would be interested in a Track Course as I don't see many people (hardcore :bigpimp: ) able to afford the track days as well.

I tend to under explain myself at times, but the point of adding a list is to show who is interested in attending, wich would have then been pruned to weed out the people who are just posting for posting sake...

but thanks for explaining the situation to everyone and letting us know where the whole track situation lies...

speedracer
03-28-2006, 08:02 PM
:thumbsup:
I'm all for track days. In no way am I trying to dissuade one from happening.

The above is just something to keep in mind. As well, with any track day; new and old a school is always a good thing to have under the belt.

Autoslalom athough, is a motorsport it is a different discipline.

Another Example of a school is CSCC Solo 1 (http://cscc.speedracer.ca/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=3198)

Yes, a shameless plug but the more interest there is the chances for a track day becomes that much more :D

I do not know the current climate with RCMP if they will have track insurance. I only know that Track Insurace has stipulations as to who can be on the track.