PDA

View Full Version : When's everybody bringing out their cars?

Ek9Max
03-24-2006, 02:24 AM
So when's everybody gonna be driving their 2'?

I hope to be driving in 2 weeks (waiting on parts)

Hoep everybody it almost rady for a meet. (redlyne is gonn have to organize this, I'm lazy)

Mikey_008
03-24-2006, 02:27 AM
I believe everyone waiting for parts as well. Doing the last minute mods b4 it hits the roads!!:thumbsup:

Ek9Max
03-24-2006, 02:29 AM
I meant mr2's......

It surprizes me sometimes how often confuse this....

I guess I'm just an A-hole.

Good luck with the DC2!

CanadianFC
03-24-2006, 03:21 AM
I've been booting around town with mine for the last few weeks now, snow and all..

Then I again I don't have all the crazy mods you guys have so it's not that bad to drive in the winter.

Ghettobaby
03-24-2006, 09:11 AM
Mine won't be able to come out and play until may :( :cry:

Zenshi
03-24-2006, 11:10 AM
I saw a black MR2 RHd on the road up mcknight today... O.O
Was it you max?

Mine probably wont be up til end of april or early may.

Im waiting on those damned injectors from SARD and then some hectic tuning >=) 300 WHP here i come! :D

Ghettobaby
03-24-2006, 11:13 AM
Zenshi who's doing your tuning?

Envitro
03-24-2006, 05:10 PM
I'm waiting on a new suspension to arrive before I can drive mine...

Zenshi
03-25-2006, 02:20 AM
Im thinking of taking it to RCTS along w/ steve G...
Combined I think it can be pretty well tuned... not the best, but not bad :)

We're going to be booking our schedules for RCTS in a month (early may tune time)

If you want to join, plz say so... so far we have 2 whole days planned for booking :)

stealth
03-25-2006, 10:06 AM
Mine was officially out yesterday.

My daily driver grand am blew up. My mki has bad shocks and a shitty rim.

I have to drive it back to campus, so it needs to come out early.

babybluemr2
03-25-2006, 01:27 PM
Ya my engine will be in this week so hope to have it on the road in the next couple of weeks For sure I want to have a meet to see some of the other MR2's in calgary

arian_ma
03-25-2006, 01:36 PM
You guys should roll with the preluders to Sylvan lake :thumbsup:
One of us said he could reserve an entire parking lot for a "showing" of cars, but we'd need close to 30 cars.

babybluemr2
03-25-2006, 06:00 PM
Ya I love sylvan lake I'm in were did you get your wheels they look good my buddy just put them on his car

clem24
03-26-2006, 11:39 PM
Originally posted by Mikey_008
I believe everyone waiting for parts as well. Doing the last minute mods b4 it hits the roads!!:thumbsup:

Yeah jeez Mike.. MR2s!!! That's why it's in the MR2 forum. Isn't there some Integra forum where you can go play?? :thumbsup: haha, just kidding!

I am having a lot of fun in my Scooby right now. Before, it used to be borrowed cars, like minivans and SUVs. So I guess I am not really itching to bring it out. I'll bring mine out as soon as they sweep the roads. I don't want any rock chips on my baby.

Envitro
03-27-2006, 03:14 PM
I took mine out for a spin last night and it felt really good... Can't wait for the streets to get cleaned.

Ghettobaby
03-27-2006, 03:36 PM
I may have to consider selling mine. Today I went to sit in it and could not fit, I had to remove the tops to sit properly, could not see through the windshield and my knees were preventing me from steering and seeing the cluster. So either I have grown alot this winter or my car shrank in the cold weather. I just can't believe I ever drove this car. :cry: :cry:

Ek9Max
03-27-2006, 03:41 PM
Originally posted by Ghettobaby
I may have to consider selling mine. Today I went to sit in it and could not fit, I had to remove the tops to sit properly, could not see through the windshield and my knees were preventing me from steering and seeing the cluster. So either I have grown alot this winter or my car shrank in the cold weather. I just can't believe I ever drove this car. :cry: :cry:

That's crazy man!

Ghettobaby
03-27-2006, 03:45 PM
Yeah I know, especially considering all the money I put into it this winter. I'm going to try a smaller steering wheel, and make some new lower seat brackets this weekend. Maybe I will just make it a good weather weekend driver.

JordanLotoski
03-27-2006, 03:59 PM
Ive been driving my car all year. cars are to be driven;)

James
03-27-2006, 04:44 PM
I just started it up today, all i need to do is an oil change and a coolant flush and it should be out by the end of the week. cant wait :thumbsup:

Eb0la11
03-31-2006, 05:28 PM
Hey guys, anyone wanna refresh me on what I need to do to bring out my car. Its embarassing enough asking this question, but I cant remember what I did last year. Its an 89 supercharged MR2. I know Ive gotta disconnect the ignitor then crank it for a while to let the oil circulate, charge the battery and then after that try to give her a start (which last year was painful to try, it turned over for like at least 2 minutes before it got going, is that normal?) I know I can drop a teaspoon of oil in each cylinder but I dont wanna disconnect them in case I screw it up somehow, since Im not mechanic. Anyone wanna gimmie a few pointers on how I can start 'er up this year nice and easy? I had an oil change done before I parked her, full tank of gas etc... So what now?

Ek9Max
03-31-2006, 05:31 PM
hmmm. I thought you just gotta turn the key. shows you how muhc I know.

Eb0la11
03-31-2006, 05:34 PM
Originally posted by Ek9Max
hmmm. I thought you just gotta turn the key. shows you how muhc I know.

I parked it for winter, its dead and all the oil is now drained down.

Zenshi
03-31-2006, 06:16 PM
Just change all the fluids.
Sitting fluids and firing it up is badd.. :) atleast thats what i heard.

I usually change all the fluids depending on how long its been sitting. :)

Ek9Max
03-31-2006, 06:20 PM
even brake fluid? I already drained the coolant, and oil.

Zenshi
03-31-2006, 06:25 PM
I did for good measure, but thats what I heard. :)
better to be safe then sorry, my mr2 has been "down" for long enough. :P

Eb0la11
04-01-2006, 04:16 PM
I had new oil in it to begin with, does anyone have any advice for turning it over? Like is it suppose to turn over for like 2 mins before it starts up? Or is that doing harm to it? Anyone else have some advice on the steps they take to starting up there car after it being parked all winter? Thanks.

Tech2
04-01-2006, 05:19 PM
I'm looking at getting the car out around the 16th or so. I had it out for a while when the weather was nice in march though, and it was great. Man I can't wait to get it back out.

CoryR6civic2
04-01-2006, 06:58 PM
i will be out in the first week in may

pulse_crx
04-02-2006, 12:45 PM
My 2 is going in to paint soon, So I still got a while before its on the road. My 86 should be ready to rock with new paint today or tomorrow tho

CrvenaZvezda
04-02-2006, 02:06 PM
unfortunetly i dont have the plessure of owning 2 cars so mines been out all winter, time to get the front end repainted lol!!!

clem24
04-02-2006, 11:49 PM
Originally posted by Eb0la11

I parked it for winter, its dead and all the oil is now drained down.

Whoa, I hope you didn't drain the oil BEFORE storing it. That would be really really bad cause it'll dry out the seals inside the engine. Best bet is to do an oil change right before you store it, then do another oil change when you bring her back out. For me, I've been using Mobil1, but I just put in regular stuff in the winter, then drain + change oil + oil filter.

So we gonna all have an initiation cruise or something? Right as soon as they clear the roads...

Ek9Max
04-02-2006, 11:51 PM
Originally posted by clem24

Whoa, I hope you didn't drain the oil BEFORE storing it. That would be really really bad cause it'll dry out the seals inside the engine. Best bet is to do an oil change right before you store it, then do another oil change when you bring her back out. For me, I've been using Mobil1, but I just put in regular stuff in the winter, then drain + change oil + oil filter.

So we gonna all have an initiation cruise or something? Right as soon as they clear the roads...

Shit I drained my oil about 2 months ago.