PDA

View Full Version : Need info about Bikes!!

___2PaC___
03-20-2003, 02:48 PM
I wanna bike for the summer:thumbsup: but I don't know anything about...if I need school, insurance, age, anything, I know theres a diff. class right?!!?!?!:dunno: :dunno:

Can anyone gimme the 411 on this?
Just:
-how old minimum?
-do i need classes?

Anything you can share, THANKS

sml
03-20-2003, 02:52 PM
-of course you need classes!!! You really think it's just like riding your mountain bike???

All the info you need:
http://www.calgarysafetycouncil.com/CSCMotorcycleProgram.htm

Ferio_vti
03-20-2003, 03:01 PM
Class 6

GreenLude
03-20-2003, 03:17 PM
Originally posted by ___2PaC___
if I need school, i
You don't need the school, but its a big help. The School i took basicly spent the whole time teaching you how to pass the test and not get killed on the road.
Also
There is a written Test
and a Road Test just like a car. And you need to pass the written before you can do the road.

J.HUA
03-20-2003, 03:38 PM
It is a good idea to take a course. I never tho. just took the written and the road test. BUT I had a experienced rider teach me for like 3-4 hours. That's how I learned.

bigboom
03-20-2003, 04:02 PM
i took mine through A driving...with trevor and mike. it was a really great class...highly reccomend them.

CLiVE
03-20-2003, 05:37 PM
I didn't take a formal "class"....

My dad taught me how to ride my motorcycle...that was far worse than any class I could have ever taken. He set up pylons and everything on the street, made me do emergency braking and everything...geez it was tough.

-R

___2PaC___
03-20-2003, 07:06 PM
Oh sweet, thanks for the info, I'll prolly go with 'A' Driving since they're hooking our school up with deals!

Thanks

redevil
03-20-2003, 07:30 PM
It is worth spending the money to take a riding school. Go see A driving school.

Dave P
03-20-2003, 07:51 PM
Please do all your research before you get a bike. it will help you with costs, as well as saftey.

bol
03-20-2003, 08:06 PM
I second the riding school part. Do you want a bike because you think it's 'cool'?

Have you ever ridden one?

You might not even like it...

___2PaC___
03-20-2003, 08:14 PM
Originally posted by bol
I second the riding school part. Do you want a bike because you think it's 'cool'?

Have you ever ridden one?

You might not even like it...

No I don't want a bike because I think its 'cool'. I know a bike is alot more dangerous that a car, and if you don't you're shit about bike then your fucked up. thats why I'm asking for some info. And yes I have ridden a bike before. Doesn't hurt just to ask people for info.

HACHIROKU_4AG
03-28-2003, 02:43 PM
i might see you guys out there at A driving. i usually help with the group rides as the tail man.

RiCE-DaDDy
03-31-2003, 11:51 PM
Bikes are cool, a school is a must! yea and too many people are getting into just cuz its "cool", then they find out they dont like it or they die...which is not cool

girl
04-19-2003, 02:01 AM
Originally posted by bigboom
i took mine through A driving...with trevor and mike. it was a really great class...highly reccomend them.

hey anyone...do u have any contact info for this A driving school and any details? website? costs? what bikes u learn on? where? amount of time it takes?
just anything really...easier to ask ppl on here then look it up and call ppl

Killumanti
04-19-2003, 11:18 AM
Originally posted by girl

hey anyone...do u have any contact info for this A driving school and any details? website? costs? what bikes u learn on? where? amount of time it takes?
just anything really...easier to ask ppl on here then look it up and call ppl

You could PM HACHIROKU_4AG, since he said he helps out sometimes.

bigboom
04-19-2003, 11:30 AM
i took mine through A driving and before i sold my bike i was always riding with them as well. but basically you can either take a weekend course which is 8 hours a day, sat and sun

or you can take it throughout the week for 4 days out of the week and 4 hours a day.

when i took it, the course cost about 350 i believe, they have an in class session on top of the actual riding time.

you learn on a bunch of old crappy bikes which is great because you dont feel as bad if you drop it or crash during the lesson

they also used to have it at the Mcmahon stdium parking lot but i dont think they are there anymore...

92civic
05-02-2003, 05:19 PM
how much would insurance cost for an 18 year old? approximetely..

yammyr6
05-03-2003, 03:03 PM
i would recoomend anybody who is thinking of riding to take the course. alot of useful info in the class. i know a bunch of riders who didnt take the class. they are all agressive riders but all have bailed. the rules are changing on may 20 so take the course now if you can

:D