PDA

View Full Version : Help me on stupid tickets!!!

DC328is
03-25-2006, 03:51 PM
Hey guys, I recieved my very first 2 traffic violation tickets. I was travelling down deerfoot and onto memorial drive south and this cop was following me. as i turned onto memorial i DID signal to merge on memorial but i guess the cops didnt see. So he pulled me over. as he walked towards my car, i took off my seatbelt to go grab my liscence and registration. and and the ahole cop gave me 2 tickets.

1) failure to signal $115 2) fail to wear safety belt $115 and i dont know how many demerit points there is.
I would like to fight this off. how am i to go about doing this?

I did go to the ticket office. They gave me 2 choices. 1) notice of trial and 2) negotiate or what ever. Can someone give me suggestions on where to go? and how i should fight this off? it would be much appreciated. Thank you for reading.
-Darren

snowboard
03-25-2006, 03:55 PM
what a cunt rag, i think you could fight the seat belt one, i couldnt get my inusrance if i was wearing my seatbelt. so take that one too court, and the other one is just bad luck i guess.

DC328is
03-25-2006, 03:59 PM
should i be going to the Notice of Trial/Plea or the Negotiating one? Thanks

snowboard
03-25-2006, 04:06 PM
Well as far as i know notice of trail is telling you your court date, and ive never had the negotiation thing.
So id just say go to your court date on the ticket haha..

SilverBoost
03-26-2006, 07:23 PM
If you DID signal then go fight it. I don't don't how that'll work though since it's really a situation of your word against his...

But I have to say this is one ticket I wish they gave more of. So many vehicles aorund this city with broken signal lights.... at least that's all I can assume when I don't see people using them and they cut in front of me. It's not like it's that hard to signal. I signal even if I'm the only car on the road in the middle of nowhere. It's a good habit to have.

theken
03-26-2006, 07:44 PM
yeah i always signal unless someone is being a dink behind me or something then the gradual pull into there lane real slow like

hockeybronx
03-26-2006, 08:36 PM
Originally posted by theken
yeah i always signal unless someone is being a dink behind me or something then the gradual pull into there lane real slow like

Oh then that was you??? I got a beef to pick with you:D

ntv1980
03-29-2006, 02:00 PM
The process is the same for any traffic ticket. You plead not guilty, and go to court.

There are two options:

1. On that date, before the trial, come early and talk with the crown prosecutor -- the guy who sits in the court and call your name before the judge comes out-- explain your situation, it may help to show your clean driving record, and drive-ed. Telling the inaccessibility of taking out your driver license that you had to unbuckle the seatbelt. Also, how you signal to change lane to a merge lane. It may be possible that the cop does his shoulder checking while you're signalling out. With this option, either the crown prosecutor will drop the charge (unlikely unless you have a winning case), or he will reduce the fine to 1/2 and you don't have a point demerit.

2. Prepare your case and fight it in front of the judge. With every possible details that you can think of that made the cop distracted from being able to see your signalling. Also anything that make you unbuckle the seatbelt to get your driver license.

Good luck!

afrotl
03-29-2006, 02:27 PM
Originally posted by ntv1980
The process is the same for any traffic ticket. You plead not guilty, and go to court.

There are two options:

1. On that date, before the trial, come early and talk with the crown prosecutor -- the guy who sits in the court and call your name before the judge comes out-- explain your situation, it may help to show your clean driving record, and drive-ed. Telling the inaccessibility of taking out your driver license that you had to unbuckle the seatbelt. Also, how you signal to change lane to a merge lane. It may be possible that the cop does his shoulder checking while you're signalling out. With this option, either the crown prosecutor will drop the charge (unlikely unless you have a winning case), or he will reduce the fine to 1/2 and you don't have a point demerit.

2. Prepare your case and fight it in front of the judge. With every possible details that you can think of that made the cop distracted from being able to see your signalling. Also anything that make you unbuckle the seatbelt to get your driver license.

Good luck!

that sums it all up pretty much and if worse comes to worse and you are found guilty just ask for either no demerits, time to pay or reduction in fine, you usaully can get 2 out of three

Police
03-29-2006, 03:04 PM
Originally posted by afrotl

that sums it all up pretty much and if worse comes to worse and you are found guilty just ask for either no demerits, time to pay or reduction in fine, you usaully can get 2 out of three

so after you're found guilty you can still ask for no demerits or convictions?

Zero102
03-29-2006, 03:04 PM
Did the cop check your signal light at the time?
You should have mentioned that you did signal, and he would have checked your signal light. Perhaps your rear bulb is burned out?...

Other than that, definately fight the no seat belt ticket, talk to the CP on both tickets.

Mar
03-29-2006, 04:12 PM
Originally posted by DC328is
Hey guys, I recieved my very first 2 traffic violation tickets. I was travelling down deerfoot and onto memorial drive south and this cop was following me. as i turned onto memorial i DID signal to merge on memorial but i guess the cops didnt see. So he pulled me over. as he walked towards my car, i took off my seatbelt to go grab my liscence and registration. and and the ahole cop gave me 2 tickets.

1) failure to signal $115 2) fail to wear safety belt $115 and i dont know how many demerit points there is.
I would like to fight this off. how am i to go about doing this?

I did go to the ticket office. They gave me 2 choices. 1) notice of trial and 2) negotiate or what ever. Can someone give me suggestions on where to go? and how i should fight this off? it would be much appreciated. Thank you for reading.
-Darren

Ticket 1 - Provided you signalled, is it possible your indicator is gone? Burnt out? Smoked? Just throwing out ideas here, but if not, then that's wierd. Fight it for sure.
Ticket 2 - I'd check the traffic and safety act to see if there's anything in there about sitting in a motor vehicle on a road and having to wear a seatbelt. Sounds crazy but it might be the law and in that case the fact that you don't agree with it doesn't make it legal. But it does sound bogus so check it out and fight it if not.

THELMIT
03-29-2006, 06:30 PM
hope the cop doenst show in court. it saved me on a 20 over and oversizesed exaust.:bigpimp:

CrvenaZvezda
03-29-2006, 06:37 PM
just hope the cop doesnt show up that day... ull probably beat the seatbelt one tho.

Good Luck!!! :thumbsup:

nonsane
03-30-2006, 11:21 AM
i think the reason is that cops don't like it when you take off your seatbelt because they might think you have a gun.

You will remember to leave it on next time, right?

Not saying i agree with it, but i think he was trying to teach a lesson heh.