PDA

View Full Version : Damn Xbox 360

Xtrema
03-26-2006, 12:04 PM
Brand new out of the box and played Burnout for 1/2 an hours and it literally burnt out. Won't power on anymore.

Dragging my sorry ass back to Best Buy to exchange.

BigShow
03-26-2006, 12:09 PM
:eek: Is this common with the 360's?

robpark
03-26-2006, 12:12 PM
Nope....not common... Like any complex electronic device, there will be some that leave the factory in bad shape...

Xtrema
03-26-2006, 12:47 PM
Of all xbox owners I know, none of them have this problem. It's just my luck I guess. :(

AJL
03-26-2006, 02:01 PM
at least it burnt out now and not 5 months down the road when you warrenty and exchange is gone

Mar
03-26-2006, 02:36 PM
Originally posted by AJL
at least it burnt out now and not 5 months down the road when you warrenty and exchange is gone

I've heard of this a lot, but back a few months ago when everyone was buying them. But what else do you expect when 40,000 people buy the same machine on the same day? It's normal.

And by the way, AJL, is your avatar the snowman from that ski game? That game was pimp!

b_t
03-26-2006, 04:16 PM
Originally posted by Mar

And by the way, AJL, is your avatar the snowman from that ski game? That game was pimp!

SkiFree! I remember playing that game back in like grade 5! its a classic! that snowman was impossible to get away from

Chester
03-26-2006, 08:00 PM
Originally posted by b_t

SkiFree! I remember playing that game back in like grade 5! its a classic! that snowman was impossible to get away from

hahaha yea, I remember I could out run him for a lil bit but then he would catch me. I used to play it on my ghetto ass computer in like '96 i think

SuPhistiKatEd
03-26-2006, 08:22 PM
http://www.geocities.com/tranzion/downloads-games-skifree.html

A little off topic. I apologize.

Anyways, was the unit stored in a well ventilated area? Tried letting it cool down then powering up again? :dunno:

Pihsiak
03-26-2006, 10:27 PM
Originally posted by AJL

lol!!!!

5 months!
If Microsoft only had that much confidence in their product.
It's actually 90 days.
and the repair center is in US.... happy shipping!

Xtrema
03-26-2006, 10:42 PM
I'm looking at the 2 year replacement warranty in a different light now.

Yes the unit get hot and is well ventilated. But I still won't run it more than 3-4 hours at a time.

My new unit seem to hold up way better. Fingers' crossed.

ZEDGE
03-26-2006, 11:03 PM
Originally posted by Pihsiak

lol!!!!

5 months!
If Microsoft only had that much confidence in their product.
It's actually 90 days.
and the repair center is in US.... happy shipping!

No, its in Ontario. If your xbox 360 is registered and you have problems once you report the issue they send you a box to send the console back to them, you are then sent a replacement, takes about a week and a half. No shipping fees and pretty much no hassle. And its a year warranty I believe, through MS, not where you bought it.

Pihsiak
03-26-2006, 11:38 PM
Originally posted by ZEDGE

No, its in Ontario. If your xbox 360 is registered and you have problems once you report the issue they send you a box to send the console back to them, you are then sent a replacement, takes about a week and a half. No shipping fees and pretty much no hassle. And its a year warranty I believe, through MS, not where you bought it.

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/support/systemuse/xbox/console/warranty.htm

look at the 90 day express warranty....
if you wrong about that. Might be wrong about Ontario.

ZEDGE
03-26-2006, 11:54 PM
Originally posted by Pihsiak

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/support/systemuse/xbox/console/warranty.htm

look at the 90 day express warranty....
if you wrong about that. Might be wrong about Ontario.

Its in Ontario, and regardless the box is shipped to you free of charge with return postage included. I have spoken with two people over live who have had this experience. The box was shipped via Purolator from Mississauga, On. :dunno:

AJL
03-27-2006, 08:19 PM
Originally posted by b_t

I dont think it is possible to out run him...
Anywho, as with anything there is going to be 2-3% of units that are defective, thats just how it is. It happens.
I bought my 360 2 weeks after launch and it was hot to the touch for about the first 2 weeks and now its cold to the touch when its been running for 4+ hours.
Ive had to call Microsoft a couple of times and they were so nice. Got a rep right away and they were so patient and knowledgeable. I could buy the extended warrenty through them, but im not going to. I bought my original xbox 2 weeks after it launched and its still running fine.

skyline19
03-29-2006, 08:54 PM
i can play my 360 for up to 12 hours. mostly playing Oblivion haha.

and that SkiFree was a classic. although it was impossible to dodge the snow monster.