PDA

View Full Version : Video Editing Software

Kirbs17
03-26-2006, 09:44 PM
Hey Guys. Ive got a project due in about a week, and I need to do some video editing. The schools shitty computers dont let me edit enough (I need to take 5 seconds out of the middle of the clip, and add a voice over, or even muisc). What video editing software do you guys know about that I would be able to use? I tried about 6 or 7 different files, and they only supported .avi files, not .wmv or .mpg. Thanks in advance!

01RedDX
03-26-2006, 10:50 PM

mac_82
03-26-2006, 10:52 PM
Adobe Premier :thumbsup:

A_3
03-26-2006, 11:21 PM
If you can get your hands on any recent Mac you should be able to do that very quickly with iMovie.

soupey
03-26-2006, 11:24 PM
i think windows movie maker will be the easiest to import wmv's and avi's into, that and its pretty simple to use, im not sure how well adobe premiere will handle wmv's...if i were u i'd try windows movie maker, then premiere..

Kirbs17
03-26-2006, 11:42 PM
Windows movie maker was the shitty software that the school had. When I went to trim, the trim points were always at the beginning or the ending of the clip. I need to trim something out from the middle of the clip. I know I can add tranisitions and captions with WMM, I just could not for the life of me figure out how to do the trimming. And when I went to the help section, it wasnt much help. I'll try Adobe Premier. And yea, I wish I had access to a Mac, iMovie kicks ass. Thanks though guys

andres_mt
03-27-2006, 12:30 AM
Also try some of the video editing stuff Adobe offers. I forgot the name of the program(s).