PDA

View Full Version : Which laptop do you think looks better?

cman
03-27-2006, 08:56 PM
Sony or ASUS, which do you dig more of its looks and why? I'm trying to decide which one to keep and right now it's come down to the looks, size and overall feel.
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y255/smszs/Pictur5tye011.jpg
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y255/smszs/Pictur5tye011.jpg
posted for a friend

bmeier
03-27-2006, 09:05 PM
i like the sony, but only because it appears to be quite abit smaller. i personally think the smaller the laptop the better, lugging around a 17inch screen is retarded....

i have a 15inch and i think its too big i am going to be purchasing a 12 inch power book when they come out....

andyg16
03-27-2006, 09:35 PM
Personally the sony looks much better, it is much easier to carry around and the overall finish also looks better

HyperZell
03-28-2006, 01:01 AM
Sony is always aesthetically prominent. But this looks like an easy decision to me - assuming the features are the same, do you want a big screen or a small screen? Looks really should be secondary, because what's the point of having a nice looking laptop that can't display what you want it to?

moe007
03-28-2006, 01:04 AM
sony looks much better

EZTop
03-28-2006, 08:38 AM
i actually think the ASUS looks more elegant due to the darker casing. I really dig black on laptops. It being beside the sony, it makes the sony look cheap (not saying that it is), because everyone knows sony is far from cheap. Just my opinion. But the ASUS looks more serious, a professional look, whereas the sony is more Apple ipod like lol

snade831
03-28-2006, 12:56 PM
sony

rony_espana
03-28-2006, 01:01 PM
definately SONY :thumbsup:

But you also have to take into the consideration the specs of each!

EZTop
03-28-2006, 01:31 PM
Originally posted by rony_espana
definately SONY :thumbsup:

But you also have to take into the consideration the specs of each!

Good point. From what I know of these models, the ASUS has an ATI Radeon X700 vs the Sonys onboard Intel 950. Otherwise everything looks to be the same from what I googled up.

mo_virgin
03-28-2006, 03:19 PM
That is one ugly asus.

Asus makes the sexiest notebooks period

Here's mine, the W3V

http://www.notebooksbilliger.de/images/w3400N_big.jpg

Asus also makes the W1V and W2V, probably the best looking notebooks on the market by far.

http://1toppc.com/Merchant2/images/Notebook/Asus/W2V/9.jpg

EZTop
03-28-2006, 03:44 PM
^ uhh how would you know, have yuo even seen it in person? Z83V is simliar to W2V other than the price tag and carbon fibre body.

crazydriver
03-29-2006, 01:10 AM
i'd say sony too

00CivicSi
03-29-2006, 01:12 AM
SONY ALL DA way

mo_virgin
03-29-2006, 01:19 AM
Originally posted by EZTop
^ uhh how would you know, have yuo even seen it in person? Z83V is simliar to W2V other than the price tag and carbon fibre body.

Besides the fact that i own an asus? You said it your self, carbon fiber body... besides... the W2V isn't dual tone. What would you know? Asus ensemble computers are always better looking than the custom counterparts.

mo_virgin
03-29-2006, 01:22 AM
Purely based on looks, id say go with the sony. Everything else considered... the asus is better. There's alot of issues with that sony laptop. Just go check www.notebookforums.com

dragonone
03-29-2006, 02:29 AM
i wouldn't say sony's are the ferrari of laptops, but richer ppl do tend to buy their line
anyhow, the sony one for sure for looks
they were never anything spectacular feature-wise

DC2
03-29-2006, 02:34 AM
sony! the widescreen looks more widescreen!

BerserkerCatSplat
03-29-2006, 07:37 AM
The Sony has a mich trimmer design, less wasted space. I like it!

EZTop
03-29-2006, 08:41 AM
Originally posted by mo_virgin

Besides the fact that i own an asus? You said it your self, carbon fiber body... besides... the W2V isn't dual tone. What would you know? Asus ensemble computers are always better looking than the custom counterparts.

There are some built on models that look much better than some ensembles. Z63A over A series. A series ensemble is as boring as you can get.

Besides, list what problems are known coming from this model. Its been out for not even 3 weeks.

MIWYFSHOTTER
03-29-2006, 10:25 AM
Sony.

BUT, the intel graphics sucks big time so it all comes down if you play games and movies on it.

mo_virgin
03-29-2006, 09:56 PM

There are some built on models that look much better than some ensembles. Z63A over A series. A series ensemble is as boring as you can get.

Besides, list what problems are known coming from this model. Its been out for not even 3 weeks.

You have no clue what you are talking about right? Why are you comparing the Z63A with the A series? The Z63A is the whitebook version of the W3 series, which happens to look better than the Z63A. Same with the Z83V vs. the W2V and so on. They are in different classes.

The sony isn't new, if im not mistaken its the FS series, which suffers from terrible battery life and crappy performance. Not to mention a weak graphics card and a high price.

EZTop
03-30-2006, 08:31 AM
Originally posted by mo_virgin

You have no clue what you are talking about right? Why are you comparing the Z63A with the A series? The Z63A is the whitebook version of the W3 series, which happens to look better than the Z63A. Same with the Z83V vs. the W2V and so on. They are in different classes.

The sony isn't new, if im not mistaken its the FS series, which suffers from terrible battery life and crappy performance. Not to mention a weak graphics card and a high price.

Rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrright. :rolleyes:

You are a complete fool. Just because it is a FS model, doesnt mean the entire family is the exact same. Please gimme a break. But I guess I should be returning my 7200rpm HD and 2Gigs ram right about now since its such "crappy performance." I could give a rats ass whether or not my laptop has a high end graphics card, I simply dont need it.

Oh, and look it up Z63A is silver.... dumbass.

You are right, $1200 for a 3 week old VAIO is severely overpriced. It should have been marked at $12.00

mo_virgin
03-30-2006, 10:09 AM

Rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrright. :rolleyes:

You are a complete fool. Just because it is a FS model, doesnt mean the entire family is the exact same. Please gimme a break. But I guess I should be returning my 7200rpm HD and 2Gigs ram right about now since its such "crappy performance." I could give a rats ass whether or not my laptop has a high end graphics card, I simply dont need it.

Oh, and look it up Z63A is silver.... dumbass.

You are right, $1200 for a 3 week old VAIO is severely overpriced. It should have been marked at $12.00

Whitebook as in custom/blank notebook you retard not as in actually white.

So what if your HD is 7200 and you have lots of ram, the sony FS series still blows, you still havn't addressed battery life and crappy performance. You can't find me a single good review. Don't give me that bull shit about $1200 for a computer that "came out three weeks ago", first of all the FS isn't new, the last FS came out last year. Secondly, no 3 week new model of sony sells for $1200.

Stop making yourself look like an idiot

mo_virgin
03-30-2006, 10:30 AM
Also, i don't know ANY notebook that ships with 2 gigs of ram.

EZTop
03-30-2006, 12:14 PM
Your pitty aint worth my time :closed:

Merkur
03-30-2006, 12:27 PM
Go with the Asus.

Sony isn't that great for what you are paying for. And the fact that you have to burn around 9 recovery cd's. And if you ever formatted without them your gonna have a hell of time getting all the right drivers for the stuff they throw in them.

Thaco
03-30-2006, 01:52 PM
sony makes stereos, they should stick to that

but honestly, you're comparing apples and oranges here. the asus is obviously a performance machine, where the sony is a ultraportable (probably lower performance and less upgrade options too)

They're not even in the same class of laptop so you can hardly compare the 2