PDA

View Full Version : U of C Lot 11 March 20th 11AM-1:30PM

GDCivicSi
03-21-2003, 12:03 AM
Had my car busted into this afternoon at parking lot 11 at the University. My car (99 Black Honda Civic) was parralel parked near the front. Just wondering if anyone was around that time that might have saw something suspicious. Got my Pioneer 7' DVD screen and head unit jacked. Any help we would greatly appreciated.

Thanks

method
03-21-2003, 01:12 AM
that sucks, I'm sure somebody must have seen it... maybe put up a flyer or something asking about it, "no questions asked" that kinda thing.

kenny
03-21-2003, 01:19 AM
Originally posted by method
maybe put up a flyer or something asking about it, "no questions asked" that kinda thing.

Hmmm? :dunno:

u4ia
03-21-2003, 01:21 AM
Hey dude,

Lot 11 is horrible for break-ins, campus security even told me the same thing. My car was broken into in that lot just over a month ago, lost my head unit, shift knob and air freshener. (That one was kinda funny actually.) It was around 11PM though so the risk was a lot higher I suppose. I'm surprised they did your car so early in the day when there are still lots of people around. Second break-in in 7 months for me, but the other one wasn't in lot 11.. If you don't mind me asking, what did they do to get into your car? They smashed my drivers side.. Bastards, it was freezing that day too. Anyhow, sorry about your loss, I know how it feels and it sucks.

HK2NR
03-21-2003, 01:23 AM
oh shit.. i park in lot11 all the time.. gah.. need more security!!
:werd: sorry to hear bout your loss man.. i've seen your car there all the time harsh man! hope you find out who did it

Joe Malms
03-21-2003, 01:46 AM
for the amount of money that school rapes us for, the least they could offer is some security in the lots.
Even one person per lot would be enough.l

12V
03-21-2003, 01:51 AM
shitty to hear. with a dvd screen etc. what are you doing without an alarm? you should at least, bear minimum have a blinking LED and fake stickers or something, it might be just enough, for potential thieves to leave your car alone and go for an easier one.

if you want I think might have some extra "protected by" type stickers, viper ones, I think I might even have some compustar ones around somewhere.

Blue Devil 2
03-21-2003, 02:00 AM
Sorry to hear. :(

GDCivicSi
03-21-2003, 02:08 AM
I have the brand new Compustar alarm. The alarm went off, but I guess no one noticed. I had "The Club" on the steering wheel and both the faceplates hidden and out of view. They ripped the whole interior apart. Talked to those powerless campus security guys and found out this regularly happens around campus. They said they get at least 2 a week. Oh well, shit happens. The cops just came over and found lots of fingerprints. Hope it leads them to the culprits. Oh well, shit happens. Already had my car stripped last year, so I'm kind of used to this shit. Oh well, guess its a sign I should finally stop doing this. Still surprised how brave these bastards were. I was probably parallel parked in the most open and heavy traffic area. The parking attendant can see where my car is from her booth. Anyway, if anyone saw anything, please give me a shout.

Weapon_R
03-21-2003, 02:23 AM
Maybe the campus camera's caught something?

12V
03-21-2003, 02:27 AM
Originally posted by GDCivicSi
I have the brand new Compustar alarm. The alarm went off, but I guess no one noticed. I had "The Club" on the steering wheel and both the faceplates hidden and out of view. They ripped the whole interior apart. Talked to those powerless campus security guys and found out this regularly happens around campus. They said they get at least 2 a week. Oh well, shit happens. The cops just came over and found lots of fingerprints. Hope it leads them to the culprits. Oh well, shit happens. Already had my car stripped last year, so I'm kind of used to this shit. Oh well, guess its a sign I should finally stop doing this. Still surprised how brave these bastards were. I was probably parallel parked in the most open and heavy traffic area. The parking attendant can see where my car is from her booth. Anyway, if anyone saw anything, please give me a shout.

not really much else you could've done. I guess if they want it bad enough, nothing short of catching them in the act, would've stopped them.

HK2NR
03-21-2003, 03:07 AM
Originally posted by GDCivicSi

the girl in the booth doesn't seem like she's awake half the time IMO :rolleyes:

MerfBall
03-21-2003, 09:23 AM
Originally posted by Weapon_R
Maybe the campus camera's caught something?

/agree

Sheck with Campus security their cameras on campus can see quite a bit.

___2PaC___
03-21-2003, 11:11 AM
shitty deal, sorry to hear man. hope u find the crooks!

Hipermax_d
03-21-2003, 11:58 AM
thats too bad. sorry to hear. hope you get the guys who busted into your car
is the civic the one with a buddy club kit with team dynamics on the side?? if so its a sweet ass car whenever i walk by it

i always thought lot 10 was the worst because its so big and stretches far back. but then again lot 11 has a lot of trees so its hard to see

max_boost
03-21-2003, 12:16 PM
It seems like Civics are the #1 car to jack? :dunno:
Sorry to hear dude....:(

EG STyLeZ
03-21-2003, 12:27 PM
Originally posted by max_boost
It seems like Civics are the #1 car to jack? :dunno:
Sorry to hear dude....:(

yeah they are because they are so easy to get into...

but yeah sucks about your car man:thumbsdow

Madspinner
03-21-2003, 01:17 PM
Just wondering ,doesn't the compustar alarm come with a pager ,So it pages you when your alarm goes off. Wouldn't you have seen that go off and run out to your car ,I know I would have .BTW sorry to hear about your lost.

max_boost
03-21-2003, 01:39 PM
Originally posted by Madspinner
Just wondering ,doesn't the compustar alarm come with a pager ,So it pages you when your alarm goes off. Wouldn't you have seen that go off and run out to your car ,I know I would have .BTW sorry to hear about your lost.

Yes but it is only 1/4mile range for previous years.....this year it has been up to 1.25mile

And given the size of the University, the 1/4mile is not enough to alert the owner of the vehicle. And sometimes the alarm will go off just cause, happened to me a couple times, I just ignored it. Also depending on how sensitive the alarm is, a car with a loud ass exhaust can set it off!

But I have a feeling this could of been an inside job, perhaps someone who knows the owner etc. But if I were a thief, I would target civics too, cause most civics have lots of goodies in there.... I am still surprised the car got ripped off in broad day light!!!:banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

theken
03-21-2003, 01:59 PM
i would target black s2000's :D j/k

TK91GT
03-21-2003, 02:26 PM
thats bullshit man my buddies car got broken into there too and all he had was a head unit. I park there everyday and nothing has ever happend to my car knock on wood. maybe its time for a new lot even if it is a walk, the campus security is Fuckin useless though I don't think they do anything.

kenny
03-21-2003, 04:01 PM
They can't be everywhere at the same time, how about you cruise around for a day and see how many thefts occur with you on duty =).

MerfBall
03-21-2003, 04:11 PM
Police say that most thefts that occur are from people you know whether it be a neighbor, friend, relative (god forbid)...

FiveFreshFish
03-21-2003, 05:48 PM
Shitty... sorry to read your stuff got jacked.

It's getting to the point where you need your winter beater to also be your school beater, night-at-the-movies beater, or LRT station beater.

Joe Malms
03-23-2003, 02:42 PM
Originally posted by kenny
They can't be everywhere at the same time, how about you cruise around for a day and see how many thefts occur with you on duty =).

they should have 1 person per big lot (10, 11,12, the ones by mgmt, etc) to just walk around every hour or so.
I'm sure that'd be a decent theft detterant.

rc2002
03-27-2003, 12:21 AM
Damn those guys with the loud exhausts. There's a guy by my house who will rev his engine by my car to try to set off my alarm.

Sorry to hear that your car got broken into. I always cross through lot 11 from parking in lot 10, but I didn't see anything that day. You should park in lot 10, it's wide open, and a lot of people are in it at any given time. You save money too!