PDA

View Full Version : So... what do you guys wanna do on a Thursday Night? Help me out!

s3v3n
03-28-2006, 04:19 PM
im just looking for some input and was hoping you guys could help me out!

im thinking about helping with thursday nights at one of the smaller venues in downtown calgary and want to know what you guys would like to see on thursday nights. what would make you come out?

do you want a laid back place mostly just to chill out and drink while you chat or shoot some pool? obviously music and a dance floor there too.

want a place with cheap drinks as a meeting and predrinking location?

want a little more intimate venue with non-top40 type music? (more of an electronic scene)

wanna have a fun local bedroom dj type of night?

... or something else?

lemme know what you wanna do on your thursday nights! any and all feedback is greatly appreciated :thumbsup:
thanks!

Kobe
03-28-2006, 07:15 PM
Thrusdays are already so good

25 Cent draft at cowboys or go to coyotes for 11:1 ratio on girls

Or hit up Tequila to pre-drink for .25 cent highballs... Tons of drink specials...

s3v3n
03-28-2006, 08:15 PM
Originally posted by Kobe
Thrusdays are already so good

25 Cent draft at cowboys or go to coyotes for 11:1 ratio on girls

Or hit up Tequila to pre-drink for .25 cent highballs... Tons of drink specials...
yeah i knew that cowboys had cheap beer on thurs so theres some stiff competition for cheap drinks. however, not everyone (raises hand lol) likes going to cowboys.

we could throw down some pretty cheap drinks though ... like penny highballs etc.

thanks for the comment though, thats what im looking for!

cmon folks, lots of votes but only one reply? leave me some feedback and an explanation of your vote or some suggestions :)

thanks!

Kobe
03-28-2006, 08:38 PM
If you could get penny Highballs and have better music then manathens it would be sweet :D

Darkane
03-28-2006, 08:50 PM
Live Metal night with cheap drinks. Calgary has an excellent metal band scene.

www.albertametal.net

Just a though..

MackDawg
03-28-2006, 09:16 PM
I think a in house Dj would be great to have with cheep drinks to fallow that idea up. You need to have a good location and parking must be in abundance, God knows how many times I have gotten parking tickets at Coyoties or on 17th.:thumbsdow

Your place should have a nice circluar dance floor with speaker boxes for the chicks to dance on and a bars in close prosimity, just like the Alley for example. There should be a nice lounge area with a private bar, 1 or 2 pool tables and couches probly wraped in plastic for sanitary reasons lol.

I hope some of these ideas can give you some some good input on what clubers come to bars to experience.

Peace

Marc.

s3v3n
03-29-2006, 01:28 AM
i had never thought of the metal scene, thats an interesting twist. i might look into that further, but i think people were fairly set on a mostly electronic type genre. ill look into it either way though, thanks for the lead Darkane :thumbsup:

MackDawg: thankfully there is plenty of parking in the area so that shouldnt pose a problem. i think its in a good location too.
your description totally reminds me of a bar in qb tho: the dagobert. great place; probably one of the nicest clubs ive been to. main floor is an insane dance floor (nothing even close to it in calgary) surrounded by bars and plays dance music (obviously), the top floor is kinda loungy and lets you look down on the dance floor, and the basement is quieter music (sometimes live) and mostly a chilled out lounge/bar. really nice place; i could only hope to someday get into something like that haha :drool:

thanks for the responses guys! keep em comin :)

yohan4ws
03-29-2006, 04:30 PM
Thursday nights at the Roadhouse.

$7 Dollar triples all night long. Most times bar staff will give you a coupon for thursdays, It's like 3 free drinks with 1 cover if you go before 10.

PLUS, the best part, It's ladies night. This means that at 11 o'clock the curtain opens and the dance floor is packed (literally packed) as it would be on a Saturday night with ONLY girls. And the fat ones leave right away so its even better.

Plus, if you're @ the flames game, take the bus down there after and get in no line no cover.

sputnik
03-29-2006, 05:04 PM
Which venue is it?

Rockski
03-29-2006, 06:07 PM
im a fan of sports bars with dart boards and pool tables, if you could fandangle that into a club with electronic tunes, youd have a winner