PDA

View Full Version : I got a KIA for a rental car

civicluva
03-28-2006, 07:51 PM
My car went into the shop today and enterprise gave me an 05 specrta because of my age. Is there anyway I can get a different car from them?

Any tips?

90s_tuner
03-28-2006, 07:52 PM
Make sure you wash your hands every time you get out of the car... nobody likes Kia all over them.

racin_jayson
03-28-2006, 07:52 PM
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
I'm sorry to hear that.....

t-im
03-28-2006, 07:54 PM
I had a Kia rental before.

The fuel cover flap was plastic. Each time I would slam the trunk closed, it would pop back up.

2002civic
03-28-2006, 07:55 PM
i curently have a 4 door cobalt from enterprise, not much better:thumbsdow

TeamBestBud
03-28-2006, 07:56 PM
Originally posted by 2002civic
i curently have a 4 door cobalt from enterprise, not much better:thumbsdow

atleast its not a Kia:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

thich
03-28-2006, 07:59 PM
Originally posted by civicluva
My car went into the shop today and enterprise gave me an 05 specrta because of my age. Is there anyway I can get a different car from them?

Any tips?

how old exactly are you? lol.
if you're under 25, you're not getting anything over a fullsize.
the spectras aren't half bad. And if you're under 21, then you'll be very limited in what you can drive based on simple underwriting. Be thankful they didn't put you into an accent. :thumbsup:

I'm guessing you've got a replacement rental, you'll likely be in it for a week or so. The last thing you want to have happen is damage one of their more expensive vehicles and deal with another insurance claim. Better a Kia than something more expensive. Right? :)

DelSoln
03-28-2006, 08:13 PM
Haha at least you didn't get screwed over like me by getting a Rio. I was afraid that thing wouldn't make it to Calgary.

barbarian
03-28-2006, 08:41 PM
I had a Cobalt over Christmas for a rental car. The automatic shift indicator broke, and the alignment went out, in the time I had it (3 days). All I did was taking it on some really winding mountain roads.
:dunno:

The_1
03-28-2006, 10:03 PM
thats nothing
my gf got a 91 ford festiva a few yrs back cause they were out of the focus
now that a POS

Zephyr
03-28-2006, 10:05 PM
i got a chevy aveo once...i thought i was gonna die each turn.

boopydogg
03-28-2006, 11:06 PM
try to reserve the car you want before hand over the phone:dunno:

BlackArcher101
03-28-2006, 11:18 PM
Judging the cars based on rentals... is probably not the best choice. Remember, before you, someone else used the car that didn't care what they did to it.

anarchy
03-28-2006, 11:26 PM
I currently have a rental from enterprise cuz mines in the shop too and they gave me an 06 sentra. It's not too bad, I don't get fullsized because my insurance company doesn't pay for that.

Calgary Honda is taking forever though, they said 9 business days but it's been 2 weeks and they say it stilll won't be done til hopefully the end of this week :banghead:

But at least it's not a Kia
:rofl:

MrPid
03-28-2006, 11:41 PM
What are you complaining about!

It's a RENTAL! And everbody knows there's absolutely no car in the world that brakes harder, accelerates faster, corners tighter and lays bigger patches of rubber than a RENTAL!

So it's a KIA...

Pish Posh! I say unleash the wild hornets!

Enjoy yourself while you can! :D

Speed_69
03-28-2006, 11:47 PM
Originally posted by racin_jayson
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
I'm sorry to hear that.....

SuPhistiKatEd
03-29-2006, 12:41 AM
Why do you insist on getting a new rental? What were you expecting? A sports car? Just be thankful that you got a rental car and that you're not relying on crappy public transportation to get around.

civicluva
03-29-2006, 12:42 AM
Originally posted by SuPhistiKatEd
Why do you insist on getting a new rental? What were you expecting? A sports car? Just be thankful that you got a rental car and that you're not relying on crappy public transportation to get around.

do you hear me complaining? I am just asking why young people get the POS cars.

...and if I can do anything about it.

BlueGoblin
03-29-2006, 01:47 AM
I have in the past posted some reviews of cars I rented in other countries such as the Fiat Stilo 1.6 and the Mercedes C220 CDI.

North America really does have the crappiest rental cars on the planet. I had to rent a car last week - got a full size from Budget and ended up with a Pontiac Grand Prix GT. It was Ok, I suppose, but apart from better power and a decent stereo, it was as bland as a Kia. I consider myself a first rate gearhead, but I could not even be bothered to open the hood and look at the engine. It had an OK exhaust note for a stock car, but really, it was the exact same exhaust note as a 1989 Chevrolet Cavalier Z24.

I personally wouldn't worry too much about having to drive a Kia. the alternatives are truly not much better. To be fair, I haven't yet driven the new generations of Ford Focus or Malibu, but I don't really see the point. Enterprise and National seem to carry a number of imports though (Jettas, Subarus. etc.) I may have to go with one of them next....

DC2
03-29-2006, 03:46 AM
budget is started carrying civics, hertz has corolla's, avis has echo's

good luck getting anything good if you are under 25

HRD2PLZ
03-29-2006, 09:04 AM
I am under 25, and when I go down to Scottsdale I am getting an X-Type... :dunno:

I have never had problems with rental cars before...

CLiVE
03-29-2006, 11:07 AM
Stop complaining.

When I last took my stealth into the shop I was given a 1989 Ford Tempo that stalled at every intersection.

It could be worse.