PDA

View Full Version : Integra Type-R question

LUCKYSTRIKE
03-28-2006, 11:24 PM
Hey guys.

How driveable is an integra type-r day to day? Ive read that its got a stiff suspension so you feel any bumps you go over, and that its got 0 sound insulation so its noisy as hell in the cabin.

Any Type-R owners, test drivers, passengers, what is your opinion?

CrvenaZvezda
03-28-2006, 11:28 PM
I've drove a few of them and they arent bad at all. The suspension is pretty stiff (not really) and its not that noisy in the car, Ive drove both the GS-R and the Type-R and the only thing louder in the Type-R is the VTEC (which ofcourse is a good thing lol)... So they are very driveable day to day!!!

A790
03-28-2006, 11:53 PM
Daily driveable track car man. Fantastic machines in my opinion.

mac_82
03-28-2006, 11:55 PM
I was very very close to buying one this summer, and someday I will own one.

Great cars :thumbsup:

DelSoln
03-29-2006, 01:22 AM
Yes it's noisy and yes you feel the bumps but those are the sacrifices you gotta put up with. You can drive it all year around but I certainly don't.

Deetz
03-29-2006, 01:26 AM
It's made to be a dailer driver. Yes the suspension is stiff, but not nearly as much as some people lowered cars out there. The reason its louder inside, is because no sound deading was used, keeping weight down in the interest of performance.

LUCKYSTRIKE
03-29-2006, 10:34 AM
Originally posted by DelSoln
Yes it's noisy and yes you feel the bumps but those are the sacrifices you gotta put up with. You can drive it all year around but I certainly don't.

Hey DelSoln, do you own a Type-R?

It would be nice if we could get some Type-R owners in here =)

DelSoln
03-29-2006, 11:07 AM
Yep sure do. I am pretty sure there are quite a few owners on here. Are you looking to purchase one soon?

coujoe
03-29-2006, 09:37 PM
It's not bad at all unless u r used to those high end sedans

LUCKYSTRIKE
03-30-2006, 01:01 AM
Well I am not used to high end sedans or anything, just all the review I have read make it out to be a really harsh everday car.

Yeah I was looking to purchase one relatively soon, well first test drive one.

integra_vate
03-30-2006, 11:39 AM
I've owned an RS, LS, and a Type R and yes expect it to be a stiff ride great handling abilities, and yes it has less insulation however I never noticed any real difference in sound on the highways. However most of the sound will be from the engine and when vtec engages expect a huge high pitch tone which sounds amazing. My advice only buy this car don't expect to drive it year round. I own a tsx now so in terms of comfort sunroof etc I still miss the high reving type R just a fun car to drive.

bigbadboss101
03-30-2006, 01:05 PM
I don't know much about the R. They do not have AC, Sunroof, and PW, PDL?

heavyD
03-30-2006, 01:11 PM
Originally posted by coujoe
It's not bad at all unless u r used to those high end sedans

Exactly. Hell a modded Type R will be more civilized than a stock SRT-4 and I don't have any issues using it 12 month a year. The Integra Type R is one of the best ever FWD sport compacts plus you get the reliability of a Civic.

Rocky
03-30-2006, 01:15 PM
Fun fact:

LS/RS/SE, GS-R, Type R... all have almost identical gas mileage. (25 city, 31 highway, mpg)

Even with the numbers, you can see the Type R was meant to still be practical, while having those performance benefits such as the 195 HP engine, amazing suspension, Type R decals, etc :D

I don't know much about the R. They do not have AC, Sunroof, and PW, PDL?
Pretty sure they have PW and PDL. AC was available after a certain year, 98 I'm thinking. Sunroof... that one I'm not sure about.

coujoe
03-30-2006, 01:19 PM
The only thing that wouldn't make a type r a good car to drive daily is the AC part, i had to put one one because i was burning last summer, if u planning to drive it all summer.... i wouldn't recommand to have a car with no AC.

Genjuro
03-30-2006, 02:32 PM
i've seen some Type-R's with a sunroof, but it coulda been not stock.. since it would be adding more weight to the top of the car, which i dont think honda wants for a topend car like that.

CIVIC_MAN
03-31-2006, 01:09 AM
I bet the glass sunroof would weigh nearly the same as the piece of metal that was taken out to make room for it

DelSoln
03-31-2006, 03:28 PM
AC was an option and the sunroof you have seen was definitely custom made. As for it being a daily driver keep in mind the potential for it to be lurked at by thieves. I am not sure how bad it is in Calgary but I always like to be on the safe side so I never park at movies, downtown, malls, etc etc.

aram1000
03-31-2006, 03:45 PM
I am a Type R owner, its fine to drive daily, it is a stiffer ride compared to most other stock vehicles, it is noiser then a regular integra, but nothing worth complaining about, its not a comfort ride, meaning don't expect the comforts of driving a bmw, but its a great car to rip around town in, if you ever drove a civic or integra with aftermarket suspension, the ride quality will be about the same, but definately fun to drive, the only thing i found to be more fun was a 2003 M3, as for AC, mine has it but i barely use it, ususally roll with the windows down, though AC does come in handy on the highway, I had a Spoon N1 rear section on mine for a bit but it was too loud for my tastes, went back to the stock muffler and was much happier, overall a great car, some of the best honda can offer, you won't be disappointed, especially when you hear the vtec hit :)

Genjuro
03-31-2006, 05:47 PM
^rare though... lucky you.

wagovan
03-31-2006, 07:43 PM
Originally posted by CIVIC_MAN
I bet the glass sunroof would weigh nearly the same as the piece of metal that was taken out to make room for it

the itr didnt come with a sunroof because it would compromise overall stiffness of the car.....at least thats what i read.:D

LUCKYSTRIKE
04-01-2006, 12:02 AM
Anyones Type-R for sale? =))