PDA

View Full Version : toyota supra tt - inspector, appraiser, shipper??

want-a-supra
03-28-2006, 11:47 PM
hi everyone.
i'm trying to buy a modified 1994 toyota supra tt in Vancouver. i have a few questions that i hope people here can help me with.

1) i want to get the car inspected and get a leak down test. does anyone know of anyone reliable in the Vancouver area?

2) i'm also thinking about getting it appraised to try to get a better deal on the price - any suggestions for appraisers?

3)i'm shipping the car to edmonton - any suggestions for shippers?

4)i'd like the car re-inspected or re-appraised in edmonton - any suggestions?

this is the first time i've ever tried to buy a used car. if you have any advice to give on any part of the buying process, i'd appreciate it!

thanks!

2002civic
03-29-2006, 12:09 AM
i hope its not the one form miracle or whatever theyre called...:thumbsdow

BB6SE
03-29-2006, 01:59 AM
how are you going to get a better deal by appraising it?

Weapon_R
03-29-2006, 02:27 AM
Appraisers usually overvalue the car. As for inspection, take it to the Toyota dealership and tell them exactly what you want done and have them fax the info to you.

For shipping, call searail. I have no complaints and they are cheaper than Hansons.

legendboy
03-29-2006, 09:12 AM
if your serious why not fly down and do it all your self?

yellowsnow
03-29-2006, 09:36 AM
i doubt appraising it will change the seller's mind. make sure you get compression tests done, maintenance records, etc... these cars are usually driven quite hard :thumbsup:

Canadian 2.5RS
03-29-2006, 10:57 AM
An appraisal on a car such as that is useless when buying it. Its great for insurance purposes but useless when buying. The seller can ask what ever he/she wants and if you dont like the price dont buy it. If anything the appraisal will bump up the cost (assuming the seller isnt taking you for a ride, so to speak, to begin with).

nosoup4u
03-30-2006, 11:11 AM
i got a modded supra tt forsale, and its in calgary.
pm me if you are serious as this car is very mint and proven.