PDA

View Full Version : Jobs at Purolator

rogue
03-29-2006, 12:00 AM
Purolator courier is hiring all positions right now starting pay is $12.00 ish $500 bonus every 3 months for the first year, after one year you become top rate and get all the benefits (and can ship your ish for 75%off). Go apply put my name down (Bill Granger) and your good to go (unless your a convicted murderer or something) i also get a bonus for everyone i refer :D :poosie: APPLY I AM OVERWORKED RIGHT NOW!!!!

teknical
03-29-2006, 12:05 AM
positions where? in a warehouse? driving doing deliveries?

Rollin'
03-29-2006, 01:00 PM
I am going to guess ALL positions means, deliveries, warehouse, clerks....etc

interlude
03-29-2006, 01:19 PM
Originally posted by rogue
Purolator courier is hiring all positions right now starting pay is $12.00 ish $500 bonus every 3 months for the first year, after one year you become top rate and get all the benefits (and can ship your ish for 75%off). Go apply put my name down (Bill Granger) and your good to go (unless your a convicted murderer or something) i also get a bonus for everyone i refer :D :poosie: APPLY I AM OVERWORKED RIGHT NOW!!!!

haha Bill.. your still there?

put in 5 years.... didnt want to become a lifer there :)

crazyning
03-29-2006, 01:28 PM
Do all jobs start at 12.00?
Do you know Hermione?

atomic
03-29-2006, 01:38 PM
Originally posted by rogue

thanx . i'll forward this to my bro who just moved here last week . he's a 6'4" football player who's 18 and needs a job asap

Thaco
03-29-2006, 01:56 PM
Originally posted by atomic

thanx . i'll forward this to my bro who just moved here last week . he's a 6'4" football player who's 18 and needs a job asap

does he like long walks on the beach?

ecstasy_civic
03-29-2006, 02:10 PM
Originally posted by Thaco

does he like long walks on the beach?

:rofl: :rofl:

but seriously, any other requirements needed?

2002civic
03-29-2006, 02:12 PM

:love: :rofl: who cares how old or big he is....:banghead:

trueno717
03-29-2006, 02:31 PM
where can you apply for this at? any locations in the SW?

project240
03-29-2006, 05:43 PM
Warehouse work is overnights unloading trucks. I worked there for a very brief time. The work wasn't that tough, but it was quite boring. I think I started at $12.35/hr.

atomic
03-30-2006, 10:58 AM
Originally posted by 2002civic

:love: :rofl: who cares how old or big he is....:banghead:

becuase he'll lift more then a tiny little guy.

are you okay with that?

bradwatson
03-30-2006, 11:10 AM

becuase he'll lift more then a tiny little guy.

are you okay with that?

Haha who cares how big he is, its not like people are shipping fridges via purolator. I'm sure the majority of the packages are small and relatively light.

atomic
03-30-2006, 12:26 PM
Originally posted by bradwatson

Haha who cares how big he is, its not like people are shipping fridges via purolator. I'm sure the majority of the packages are small and relatively light.

where would you get that conclusion? I hate to assume anything, but you must be a very sheltered individual if you assume that. who do you think ships large items? or do you think your fridge was grown from a seed in it's current location?

Comments like yours remind me how much i appreciate positive attitudes and relevant intellectual conversations.

i'm sure u can find a far more worthy controversy on this website to inject your negative and uneducated opinions. good luck and enjoy yourself; i have no hard feelings becuase i beleive i understand what you're about. there are many of you here.

Rogue, sorry these ppl had to hijack your thread like this.

matt_calgary
03-30-2006, 12:46 PM
Do you know if there is anything daytime and part time delivering? If you can find that out, I'd apply with your name as a recommendation.

jdmakkord
03-30-2006, 12:50 PM
Originally posted by bradwatson

There is plenty of heavy stuff to move around there. When I worked there, the bigger guys that liked to slam boxes around unloaded trucks...working constantly until the truck was empty, or break time. There are also sorter positions, truck loading positions, and delivery drivers.

bradwatson
03-30-2006, 01:03 PM

where would you get that conclusion? I hate to assume anything, but you must be a very sheltered individual if you assume that. who do you think ships large items? or do you think your fridge was grown from a seed in it's current location?

Comments like yours remind me how much i appreciate positive attitudes and relevant intellectual conversations.

i'm sure u can find a far more worthy controversy on this website to inject your negative and uneducated opinions. good luck and enjoy yourself; i have no hard feelings becuase i beleive i understand what you're about. there are many of you here.

Rogue, sorry these ppl had to hijack your thread like this.

In no way was my comment meant to "hijack" the thread.

In my "sheltered" experience, every time my family buys a new appliance for the house, the store (i.e. Future Shop, the Brick, etc.) delivers it that day. But maybe these are the "fancy" stores. I think not. I worked at Rona for a while, and you would expect there to be a fair bit of heavy lifting. I'm 6 feet, 160 lbs. Turns out that i did almost no physical work.

Meh

Brad

Grip172
03-30-2006, 02:09 PM
any part time jobs?

rogue
03-30-2006, 06:48 PM
part time and full time. Last time i checked they were looking for warehouse, clerical, drivers, airside (loading unloading and marshalling 727 and other aircraft), i have been there 7 years it is crappy at first like any job but if you stick to it and keep trying different positions till you find something you like and keep your seniority. In the 7 year i have worked there i managed to save up enough and invest in 3 properties and accumulate $900 000 in assets so if you have your head right and dont mind working you can do pretty well for yourself. Right now i dont do bad for a blue collar i work alot of overtime and make around $65 000 and year and have got many people jobs there and they either love it or hate it but doesnt hurt to try. Any other questions just pm me.

MudDestroyer
03-30-2006, 11:37 PM
come on now bill your not that good of an employee ive seen ya work very very slow but i dont blame ya lots of sights to see when delevering.

Alex_FORD
03-30-2006, 11:46 PM
So are you saying that the purolator driver that comes to my workplace is only making 12 ish?

Christ! I think I'll start tipping him, 12 is down there with general labourers in a warehouse.

dub_c
03-31-2006, 01:47 AM
Is the Purolator in the NE hiring aswell ?

matt_calgary
03-31-2006, 02:29 AM
How flexible are they with part-timers? Trying to fit in school and work is always a battle. Do you need to pass any courses to drive the trucks other than a valid driver's license? What is the starting wage for drivers? Thanks!

MudDestroyer
03-31-2006, 07:27 AM
hey Dub the main purolator warehouse is hiring i work with rogue, and for part time work there matt and with school hours n shit theres really only the pm shift its called and thats 4:30 to 8 pm and you need to take purolators defensive driving course and courier methods classes to become a couriour those 2 classes work out to 5 days of training alone 8 hrs a day. top rate in the warehouse after a year is $16.71 then its just the regular yearly increase and as for couriers top rate for them is 22 or 23 an hour i cant remember.

dub_c
03-31-2006, 08:42 AM
Yea, I'm not looking to be a driver, my grandma did it for 19 years :rofl:

DeeK
03-31-2006, 09:03 AM
Bah..

I worked at purolator for 2 years as a warehouse supervisor.

SHADIEST COMPANY EVER. I still don't know why I stayed. Ive never seen a turnover rate so high, if 60 people were hired, 2 would be left at the end of the week.

As far as shipping light stuff? No fucking way. that the only courier company I know of that ships anything, absolutely ANYTHING. the worst we had was a 500 pound engine, leaking oil everywhere, and just thrown into a cardboard box that was falling apart.

When I started there, everyone started at $10.03/hour, which near the end of my job there, they passed a union agreement raising the starting rate to $10.98/hour.

Once again, this company is a joke. If you want details, just pm me.

rogue
03-31-2006, 08:04 PM
yea they are alot better now we still ship trannies for Honda and windshields and stuff but dont forget by law you DONT have to lift anything over 70lbs on your own (you shouldnt anyways or your not covered for being macho) like i said you love it or hate it and all warehouse work has high turnover but if you wanna be a driver and get your foot in the door warehouse is where to start and then start bidding on runs. I love being a driver no boss bugging me, meet new people everyday, naked chicks jumping outta the showers and answering the door is entertaining too. Its a love hate thing.

Lo)2enz0
04-01-2006, 02:57 AM
i was there today, and who drives the pimpin jdm supercharged levin

s dime
04-01-2006, 03:16 AM
any big trucks? ie: requiring a class 1 liscense? :dunno:

ToyVitzRS
04-01-2006, 03:20 AM
Originally posted by Lo)2enz0
i was there today, and who drives the pimpin jdm supercharged levin

That would be my dad

AKA the dude with the '77 Toyota Celica.

Clanche
04-04-2006, 12:07 AM
your pm inbox is full! :(

s dime
04-06-2006, 03:03 AM
Originally posted by s dime
any big trucks? ie: requiring a class 1 liscense? :dunno:

mike_papps
04-11-2006, 10:27 PM
anyone know what the wages for delivery starts at and what kinda benifits purolator gives.. im looking into a position but dont wanna get into it if it doesnt pay well... how long does it take to get raises.. working for $13hr isnt good.. especially when mcdonalds is hiring for $15hr for cooks in fort mac... haha..

jdmakkord
04-11-2006, 10:31 PM
Originally posted by mike_papps
anyone know what the wages for delivery starts at and what kinda benifits purolator gives.. im looking into a position but dont wanna get into it if it doesnt pay well... how long does it take to get raises.. working for $13hr isnt good.. especially when mcdonalds is hiring for $15hr for cooks in fort mac... haha..

This isn't fort mac though. $13 to start is pretty reasonable for unskilled labor jobs.

mike_papps
04-11-2006, 11:29 PM
$13/hr is for truck drivers.. not the unskilled labourer.. there like $10... i know its not a big deal to drive the delivery trucks and all but still not the lowest position.. just wanna know if its a good job...

Lo)2enz0
04-20-2006, 02:36 PM
your mailbox is full

wondering if this job is still up for grabs.

i am looking for something monday - friday

but i have school at 6:30 monday - thursday