PDA

View Full Version : Tomei LSD

Wannabedrift
03-29-2006, 12:22 AM
Hi there I am very new and wanna do a little research before I make a purchase. I just got my JIC FLTA2's installed and I love them now I want to buy an LSD the local shop I deal will give me a sweet deal on a new Tomei LSD Advance. SO far everything they have recommended has been great but I have never heard of Tomei before and wonder if this is a good LSD. I am hoping some fellow Nissan brothers can dirrect me a little in this decission.

Lo)2enz0
03-29-2006, 11:15 AM
tomei is an excellent company. Its a company that compared with trust, and hks. the tomei lsd is a good choice but i have heard of problems if you need to do a rebuild. thats why alot of the guys are sticking with the kaaz lsd's cause its easier to get the rebuild kit and if your paying up to $1300 just for the unit without install i would be pissed if it gave in on me. also look at the nismo, cusco lsd's. they are all great choices but the tomei one is pimp.

Mike09
03-29-2006, 10:08 PM
Tomei is the greatest. I wish I could have everything in there catalog.
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Lo)2enz0
03-29-2006, 10:18 PM
Originally posted by Mike09
Tomei is the greatest. I wish I could have everything in there catalog.
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

same with me, i would love a tomei ca20det crate engine

Mike09
03-29-2006, 10:20 PM
I want the Sr20de with quad throttle induction.:drool:
sorry for thread jacking.

And what's new Laurier

Wannabedrift
03-29-2006, 11:41 PM
Well I got this from Lightspeed in Red Deer so it may be a little far for you guys from Calgary but they have so many JDM lines. While I was there there was 2 nice RB26 builds goin on with a bunch of Tomei and JUN goodies. A blacktop going into a S13 with full standalone. An Rx8 turbo car a third gen Rx7 plus a turbo Audi A4. Some pretty cool stuff. I had no idea there was this kind of stuff in Red Deer. I think what impressed me the most was after my suspension was installed they took me out in my own ride and spent about half an hour with me explaining how the settings for the suspension worked instead of just handing me a bill for the install. Oh yea there was no lights, spoliers or rice in the showroom. So thanx for all the input looks like I made a good choice. Happy sliding.

kaazlsd
04-19-2006, 11:44 PM
For you information, Tomei lsd units are made by Kaaz.

Staff / Kaaz USA

RB25DET
04-20-2006, 12:11 AM
Personally, i would go for the diff you can get the cheapest (out of kaaz, tomei, cusco, nismo, ats, etc.).

They are all gonna do the same job in my opinion. I have found that the ATS are quite harsh diffs (ive got one), and the nismo's are probably the best for drivability (they dont do much clunking at all but still work good). The kaaz clunk at lower speed quite a bit, but they are still not nearly as bad as my ATS (but i like it). I really dont have any experience with tomei and cusco, but from what i have heard, they are in the same territory as the kaaz.