PDA

View Full Version : parking lot DING

hingkit
07-08-2002, 11:33 PM
On one of the side pannel on the 4-Runner there is a dent due to some bastard and their car door.

Its basicly a door dent. I heard about dry ice making it pop back out with basic physics. Has anyone actually tried this?? Would it damange the paint??

Suggestions, comments?

Thx,
Hingkit

Mortimer Schnur
07-08-2002, 11:44 PM
Originally posted by hingkit

Suggestions, comments?

Thx,
Hingkit

Find your most hated domestic truck (eg. red Dodge Ram 3500 Diesel Dually ) and key the thing just out of spite!

:guns: :woot: :guns: :woot: :guns: :woot: :guns: :woot:

ninspeed
07-08-2002, 11:47 PM
The dry ice is used in them dent repair jobbys.. i know a lot of guys i knoe from out east have used it and it works good on small dents.. no dammage to the paint (

Weapon_R
07-08-2002, 11:51 PM
Originally posted by ninspeed
The dry ice is used in them dent repair jobbys.. i know a lot of guys i knoe from out east have used it and it works good on small dents.. no dammage to the paint (

How is it used, and where is a good place to get it from?

ninspeed
07-08-2002, 11:59 PM
just put it right on the surface of dent.. ithink you can get it at gocery stores for free cheep

hingkit
07-09-2002, 12:02 AM
Originally posted by Weapon_R

How is it used, and where is a good place to get it from?

yea its basicly hot/cold idea . . . . .what i read is warm up the metal by a hair dryer or even a sunny day outside and then simply put dry ice ontop of the dent till it forms a icy layer or someting like that . . . . and then watch the dent disappear just like that . . . JUST LIKE THAT . . . . simple!!! haha . . . . .

well . . . from what I read thats how its suppose to work . . hehe . .

MiNG
07-09-2002, 12:17 AM
interesting...i usually double park so no one can ding my door.

hingkit
07-09-2002, 12:32 AM
Originally posted by MiNG
interesting...i usually double park so no one can ding my door.

double park hey . . . . your one of "those" ppl . . . :rofl: :rofl:

yea i know what you mean . . . i park @ the ends usually . . . but yea this dent is like a yr old . . . i just read about that dry ice method and wondering wat kinda results it can do . .

2K255HP
07-09-2002, 06:55 AM
there are places that do paintless dent removals pretty cheap
they go behind the panel through the window area and pop it back out

I double park if there is plenty of space to do it
I'm sure double parking in crowded places will just provoke ppl more to mess with your car

I just try to park as far away as possible usually the corner spots so only one person can park beside me

all in all different methods for different places thats for sure