PDA

View Full Version : Stony Trail - Ring Road (NW)

Dren
03-29-2006, 07:42 AM
Heys all, anyone have more info on the new road going up in the NW of the city.

Ie...when completed and that. and if there is an interchange at
Shag ?

Xtrema
03-29-2006, 09:07 AM
http://www.trans.gov.ab.ca/Content/doctype490/production/cphpmap.htm

Although map isn't clear but I doubt shag will connect to the ring road because that will require plowing thru the new neighborhood of Sherwood and I havn't seen any plans of any major road thru that area past Country Hills.

The 2 closest exit would be Sacree and Beddington Trail.

Lo)2enz0
03-29-2006, 11:03 AM
its like the ring road that goes around tokyo lol. frist thing i thought of when i saw that picture was tokyo extreme racer

Foz
03-29-2006, 11:04 AM
Alright, race track with huge dump trucks and 18 wheelers..

Dren
03-29-2006, 11:15 AM
what will be the speed limit on that new road ?

iblizzard
03-29-2006, 11:19 AM
Originally posted by Xtrema

Although map isn't clear but I doubt shag will connect to the ring road because that will require plowing thru the new neighborhood of Sherwood and I havn't seen any plans of any major road thru that area past Country Hills.

They're already working on the interchange at Shaganappi and Stoney Trail. Right by the new Home Depot and Costco! It's right in between Hidden Valley and Sherwood.

Dren
03-29-2006, 11:20 AM
Originally posted by iblizzard

They're already working on the interchange at Shaganappi and Stoney Trail. Right by the new Home Depot and Costco! It's right in between Hidden Valley and Sherwood.

Really? they are working on the interchange..in that map it doesn't show an interchange tho ?

iblizzard
03-29-2006, 11:26 AM
http://www.trans.gov.ab.ca/Content/doctype490/production/stshag-gp.htm

Right there.

red01
03-29-2006, 11:30 AM
Fall 2007 is the projected completion date ... pipedream?

Lex350
03-29-2006, 11:55 AM
try this

http://www.trans.gov.ab.ca/Content/doctype490/production/stoneyplan.pdf

Godfuader
03-29-2006, 11:57 AM

Looks like they are going right in between Sherwood and Kincora. This should be awesome, 2mins from my driveway to the freeway.
http://www.trans.gov.ab.ca/Content/doctype490/production/stshag-m1.pdf

sputnik
03-29-2006, 12:00 PM
Originally posted by red01
Fall 2007 is the projected completion date ... pipedream?

Most of the Deerfoot interchanges took about a year to build each. Seems reasonable.

CLiVE
03-29-2006, 12:12 PM
[url] that will require plowing thru the new neighborhood of Sherwood and I havn't seen any plans of any major road thru that area past Country Hills.

There is more open space then you think there. As was already mentioned they are already working on the road, and have already ripped across the far end of Shaganappi trail (past hidden valley) in 2 places.

The Shaganappi extension into sherwood was listed as temporary over a year ago...looks like things have changed.

Godfuader
03-29-2006, 12:19 PM
Originally posted by CLiVE

There is more open space then you think there. As was already mentioned they are already working on the road, and have already ripped across the far end of Shaganappi trail (past hidden valley) in 2 places.

Ohh! I was wondering why there was a cross section cutoff from the access road to Sherwood going from behind hidden valley to behind the hamptons. Thought they were just laying down pipes. This should be nice. The 2007 date could be a possiblity for this section at least cuz the workers are going pretty fast.

Dren
03-29-2006, 12:23 PM
so sherwood...you would beable to access that community from Sarcee and Shag?

variable_x
03-29-2006, 04:06 PM
Originally posted by Dren
so sherwood...you would beable to access that community from Sarcee and Shag?

I sure hope so. I hope they don't close the access to Sherwood from Shag because it's really convienient. It will take much longer to get to other parts of the city using Sarcee vs Shag.

kaput
03-29-2006, 06:52 PM

Goblin
03-29-2006, 07:11 PM
I cant wait until stoney trail + 16th interesction is changed :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Hakkola
03-29-2006, 07:26 PM
We had a vote in oakridge/pumphill and that area in b/w that for some reason I can't remember the name of, regarding the ring road and 90th ave. Not sure what the results were but we voted no for the connection.

Reason being the 90th ave to 14th street is a nightmare. However I don't know what number of drivers would then bypass 14th all together instead opting to take the ring road all the way up to glenmore, however from the map it looks like the connection would occur closer to sarcee than Crowchild, so this ring road could actually cause headaches for our community unless 14 st is widened along with 90th ave.

Dren
03-29-2006, 09:46 PM
anyone have an idea. if its going to be like a highway?
or like stony trail and the way it is with a speed limit of 80..

wish it would be 110...

Godfuader
03-29-2006, 10:24 PM
Originally posted by Dren
anyone have an idea. if its going to be like a highway?
or like stony trail and the way it is with a speed limit of 80..

wish it would be 110...

I would assume it would be like the US ring road system with no traffic lights and deerfoot speed limit.

Dren
03-29-2006, 11:07 PM
Originally posted by Godfuader

I would assume it would be like the US ring road system with no traffic lights and deerfoot speed limit.

oh nice. I love the way the Us citys have there freeway systems around town. especially citys like houston. can drive forever without stoping.

:goflames: We WON TODAY... 2-1.. :)

A_3
03-29-2006, 11:58 PM
I believe the longest part of the construction will be bringing the road up past COP and connecting it to 101st street. They need to build all new road up from Sarcee and HWY 1 to connect to 101st and they'd have to widen 101st extensively, because right now it's a little back road in the country. Should be awesome when it's done though, will make my commutes a little easier.

Dren
04-01-2006, 07:24 PM
Originally posted by A_3
I believe the longest part of the construction will be bringing the road up past COP and connecting it to 101st street. They need to build all new road up from Sarcee and HWY 1 to connect to 101st and they'd have to widen 101st extensively, because right now it's a little back road in the country. Should be awesome when it's done though, will make my commutes a little easier.

ya i think they are goin to make the highway go up on the right side of COP