PDA

View Full Version : Unpaid tickets

Deucers
03-29-2006, 02:06 PM
Hey guys,
I had got 2 tickets...one from tinted windows, and another for loud exhaust.

I got these tickets a long time ago, about 2 years ago and still have not paid them off

Would there be any troubles when it comes to cops if I were to get pulled over again? like a warrant for my arrest?

I am going to pay them off this week, but just curious if it presents problems when not paying them right away?

And I don't have any vehicles registered under my name, just insurance on a vehicle as the 2nd driver.

rage2
03-29-2006, 02:17 PM
Only if you have more than $500 in accumulated fines. That's when they arrest you, take you downtown into holding until you or someone else can pay 'em off.

afrotl
03-29-2006, 02:21 PM
Originally posted by rage2
Only if you have more than $500 in accumulated fines. That's when they arrest you, take you downtown into holding until you or someone else can pay 'em off.

Is this from experience....lol:rofl:

v2kai
03-29-2006, 02:37 PM
from my experience as of yesterday morning actually doesnt have to be 500 bucks i had a speeding ticket overdue had no idea about it was 351 dollars or go to jail for 10 days and get the car towed:thumbsdow i'm still trying to figure out where this ticket came from...naturally i paid the 351 with a little help from my gf :P lol and now i'm broke:banghead:

gen2teggy
03-29-2006, 02:47 PM
i had bunch of speeding tickets n other tickets and i have a overdue 700 ticket......i just couldnt use my registry depo...when i had to renew my tags...i had to pay everything...whcih was over 1000 HAHA

rage2
03-29-2006, 04:32 PM
Yes, from experience.

Also, if you miss a court date (pink ticket) u get hauled in too and must pay it right away reguardless of $.

Again, from experience lol. Nothing worse than getting locked up at 2am in nothing but boxers and a trenchcoat (went to pick up a chick in middle of night). Thank god it's just a holding cell, if bubba was there I'd be raped.

afrotl
03-29-2006, 04:45 PM
Originally posted by rage2
Yes, from experience.

Also, if you miss a court date (pink ticket) u get hauled in too and must pay it right away reguardless of $.

Again, from experience lol. Nothing worse than getting locked up at 2am in nothing but boxers and a trenchcoat (went to pick up a chick in middle of night). Thank god it's just a holding cell, if bubba was there I'd be raped.

sorry but that last piece was funny....:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :eek: