PDA

View Full Version : How to bargain for a pre-order car? ( if possible)

RX_EVOLV
03-29-2006, 09:42 PM
Hi. Im thinking about potentially buying the 2006 RX-8 Special edition. The local dealer said they are not offically available yet but are accepting deposit/order.

I understant after surfing through the RX8forum that it is possible to knock the price off a little bit even for 2006 models, but the Speical Edition seems to be available only in limited numbers (not sure how many), would it still be possible to bargain for the price even for limited production? Whats the best way to do it? put down $1000 deposit, order the car, then bargain when the car arrives? or do it before putting in an order?

thanks

If anyone here works for mazda please pm me

max_boost
03-29-2006, 10:14 PM
Probably won't get much off, if anything at all on a limited edition car, especially on a preorder one. . Generally you'll get discounts on vehicles they have in stock as they want to move it.

FatboyTheHungry
03-29-2006, 11:48 PM
They prolly won't bargain at all for pre-order ltd ed. I think you will be stuck paying full price.

harley11
03-29-2006, 11:58 PM
Im still in the mits of ordering mazda 6 through usa...much cheaper then canada!!!

Phuqu
03-30-2006, 12:29 AM
Originally posted by harley11
Im still in the mits of ordering mazda 6 through usa...much cheaper then canada!!!

Goodbye warranty.

harley11
03-30-2006, 12:38 AM
Originally posted by Phuqu

Goodbye warranty.

Nope talked to them today ...no different then buying a car here they'll stand behind there product!

RX_EVOLV
03-30-2006, 01:03 AM
are you sure? I heard subaru is the ONLY one that will honor warranty for cars imported from the state

BlueFrenzy
03-30-2006, 02:05 AM
I know that some of the Shinka Edition (aka special edition) rx8's have been bargained on .. particularly in Ontario. It was still $1000 more than a "regular" version but they were able to knock it down a bit. But keep this in mind, there might be some other guy out there who's willing to pay FULL MSRP price ... guess who the car is going to? I believe last year there were a total of 5-6 Shinka's in Calgary ... two per dealer. They went FAST! People paid full MSRP price for them. I never got to see it in person but one of my buddies, got a picture of one in Kramer on the day it came in ... gone the next.

So, in terms of availability in Canada it is very limited ... in the States, they can get maybe 4-5/dealer, but I don't know if you really want to the hassle of importing an 8 from the US. If importing the 8, the only thing you probably need to get done is a DRL installation and I think that can cost you a pretty penny because it will require some crazy wiring (believe me, I've looked at the wiring diagrams for the 8). Alternatively, I know a shady re-wire to use your fogs as DRLs (pretty sure Shinka's have fogs)

Just wondering why you wanted the Shinka? The color is definitely awesome, the cream leather interior is alright too and the polished rims are sweet. It supposedly has a upgraded suspension as well (a notch above stock but won't touch MS). But with the amount that you spend on the Shinka, you can get a stock 8 with MS suspension and maybe more for just as much (I think they are having a $2000 rebate or something on MS gear for new owners)

Either way, hope to see a fellow 8 on the road.

RX_EVOLV
03-30-2006, 11:00 AM
i've been following the RX8 for quite some time. Actually I was looking at the Shinka last year and it was pretty interesting. I was emailing a couple dealers regarding their availability. One calgary said they are all sold out, but i can put a deposit down for the next one that comes in. The second dealer said they have one coming, and quote me a price Over MSRP. The third dealer from edmonton said they have on in the show room right now and offered me a non-negociation price that was ~ $2000 BELOW MSRP.

but I couldn't bring myself to like "black cherry", tooo purple.

The Reason why i want the new Special Edition ( aka Shinka 2) is:

Alcantara interior- I love alcantara, love it in the STi, want it in the RX8.
Keyless Entry/start - sure its not a start button, but stll cool as well.
Leather everywhere- leather covered bin cover, leather wrapped E brake. etc
Small details- Piano wood black cover on all the little things like the steering wheel audio control panel, Fender strake on the side, Rotary accent on the front and back. polished rims

its also pretty nice that knowing that your car is limited production and only a handful in Canada.

But I personally don't think the Cooper Red is taht sweet, afterall it is available on the MX5 or Mazda3, nothing specialabout them. and I heard the suspension upgrade doesnt make a noticable difference

But I'm starting to have second thought, if I can't knock down the price on the Special Edition then maybe its not worth for $5000 difference ( apparently ppl been getting > $5000 off MSPR on brand new 2005 model? + the $2500 mazdaspeed accessary, sweet!). so I'm just wondering if anyone here has any advice on price negociating, if not then maybe 2005 RX8 it is

harley11
03-30-2006, 01:29 PM
Just talked to mazda again...supervisor this time" Same awnser....Yes you have warrentee.

BlueFrenzy
03-31-2006, 01:02 AM
I'm sure you know but the newer 2006 models also have the keyless entry/start featue. GT trim will net you leather everywhere as well. But you are right with the alcantra interior and piano wood finish.

From what I've heard, there are folks who are getting crazy amounts of MSRP for a new 2005. Personally, I was able to get my 8 (2004) for 40K taxes included but I know of people who got their's for 38-39K (in BC). i think I also heard that there are folks in Ontario who are getting offers for 33-34 (not including taxes) for a 2005 but I'm thinking that's for a second hand.

Like Harley11 said ... talk to the manager. If you're going to NorthHill Mazda, deal with Ken Ngan .. he's the assistant manager there and has hooked up a number of 8 owners (me included). sunridge you should talk to Ron something ... he's the finance manager.

RX_EVOLV
03-31-2006, 01:18 AM
I dont think the GT trim has leather Bin cover and parking brake. Im sure you dont have it in your 04 GT. But Ken Ngan, I will keep him in mind and talk to him when Im back in town.

Thanks
(if you know anyone selling a Winning blue or Brillant Black MT with Navi let me know :D )

BlueFrenzy
03-31-2006, 06:25 PM
Sure the GT has the leather bin cover and parking brake --> I would know since I've had the car since 2004. I made sure to check to make sure I wasn't getting lowballed (some of the earlier 2003 build date 8's had wonky interior options ... like beige/black in a grey or blue). It is the GS trims and some of those wacky American trims that don't have it.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v608/Bluefrenzy/leatherbrake.jpg

StealthTL
05-08-2006, 02:48 PM
Some of the interior bits of your CanSpec RX-8GT are plastic......

Seat fronts, shifter and steering wheel are leather, all other bits are vinyl - door panels front and rear, centre console lids and brake.

S