PDA

View Full Version : The Godfather

SuPhistiKatEd
03-30-2006, 01:17 AM
Anybody picked up a copy yet? This game looks great. Picking one up on Friday. Stay tuned....or provide your thoughts.

http://www.ea.com/official/godfather/godfather/us/index.jsp

habsfan
03-30-2006, 10:32 AM
havent played it, but from what i read it doesnt sound that good. maybe one day if i'm bored ill rent it, see what it's like. it looks promising but i dont know about it after the reviews

heinz256
03-30-2006, 11:00 AM
I have this for PC. Its pretty cool how its very similar to the actual movie but the gameplay can get pretty repetitive. Also, if you've ever played Mafia, this is almost the exact same, except I thought Mafia was much better. Its almost like EA ripped off mafia and released it as a different name.

ProjectR
03-30-2006, 02:13 PM
the game looks pretty good :) i'm a huge fan of the GTA series, so hopefully this will be promising

Xtrema
03-30-2006, 04:30 PM
So is this a GTA rip off?

habsfan
03-30-2006, 04:37 PM
it's supposedly very similar to that genre

Tripz
03-30-2006, 09:57 PM
Its not that bad and yeah its very similar to GTA

szw
03-30-2006, 11:56 PM
I have played this game. Its very easy. It was really fun at first, but it got boring after a while. Very little replayability.

The missions were kinda cool since you play a character who wasn'nt directly in the movies, but was crucial to a lot of cool scenes. For example, you are the guy who hides the gun for michael behind the washroom, revenge sonny's death, hide the horse head, take out the other families dons.

Doesn't really make sense though, I am Don of New York and I'm still running around by myself shaking down bakers! I can think of hundreds of ways to make this such an awesome game, but I guess its always easy to say that.

And it was pretty good that they had the real actors come in to do voice, with the exception of Al Pacino. The result is that the character of michael looks and sounds nothing like the movie.