PDA

View Full Version : Treadmill workouts

CappyMcSlappy
03-31-2006, 12:34 PM
I was just reading in the paper this morning about the new trend at the corporate gyms/fancy gyms...doing classes on treadmills. Supposed to be just like a "spinning" class (same idea- takes away the drudgery)...

Anyone here tried those yet? Thoughts? Comments? I'm intriuged cause I should do more cardio (if I make 20 minutes a week, thats amazing for me) to supplement my lifting...

1-Cent
03-31-2006, 12:51 PM
Originally posted by CappyMcSlappy
I was just reading in the paper this morning about the new trend at the corporate gyms/fancy gyms...doing classes on treadmills. Supposed to be just like a "spinning" class (same idea- takes away the drudgery)...

Anyone here tried those yet? Thoughts? Comments? I'm intriuged cause I should do more cardio (if I make 20 minutes a week, thats amazing for me) to supplement my lifting...

Wouldnt all those tred mills make it really hard to hear what you were being taught... thats the first thing that came to mind, how would they hear? everyone gets earphones and a prof a mic?

buh_buh
03-31-2006, 01:32 PM
what can you do other than walk and run?

Thaco
03-31-2006, 01:43 PM
Originally posted by buh_buh
what can you do other than walk and run? have a big projector with an ever repeating scenery on the wall to simulate running in a forest/city whatever? :P :drama:

1-Cent
03-31-2006, 01:44 PM
Originally posted by buh_buh
what can you do other than walk and run?

That too... can anyone anyone run and write or type on a laptop at the same time lol.

CappyMcSlappy
04-03-2006, 12:51 PM
No, from what I remember its much like "Spinning" classes- there is an instructor on a mic or something, blaring music...

It works more with interval training and using the elevation changes to create a more dynamic workout I guess.

There isn't a whole lot more I don't think you COULD do on a treamill, other than use free-weights maybe? Then again, there's virtually nothing you can do on the stationary bike and those classes took off in popularity!

That's why I think this is kinda cool too- I guess its still a little under the radar. :burnout: