PDA

View Full Version : Sick of you who think they need to make money off the flames.

Vypros
03-31-2006, 04:44 PM
What used to be a good time, going to a Flames practice. Shooting pictures, throwing them up on my website, printing peoples fav pics off and giving them for FREE to get their fav. player autographed on it, taking a couple hockey cards or a few pictures to get signed of my favorite players is turning into a fucking Hound Fest.

These people going to these practices now, some of them who would have NEVER known about it had I not told them, seem to think its alright to haul a god damn pickup truck down there full of flames memorabilia and have them sign it.

Don't forget the guys in the Blue Jeep Cherokee who stand out there and say the calgary flames are stuckup assholes because they wont sign for them. How about it's because your fat asses SELL everything that the Flames Club signs for you, and they are sick and tired of your fat asses making money off them. Shut the fuck up and stop calling the Flames out like that. If you hate them so much, why are you there.

More and more people are finding out about this, the ability to go to practice and then wait for autographs outside. There is nothing wrong with doing this, unless you are one of those greedy assholes trying to make free money. I feel partially at fault for it too because some people have taken it upon themselves to get some nice cards and sticks signed to throw on ebay or sell on other local forums. What I'm saying is this.

The more people I see out there doing this for profit, the less chance people like me have of going down there, and getting stuff signed for our PERSONAL COLLECTION. I'm just getting tired of it and I had to make a little rant here.

next time I see someone with a stack of hockey cards or some shit to go on ebay after being signed, I'm going to make sure either
a) the player doesnt stop
b) when the player stops, he doesnt sign shit to you but his middle finger
c) you have nothing good to sell because i'll be busy destroying it all.

/End Rant.
Have a nice day :)

BTW - A couple people are harassing me to go sell my pictures for $20+ a pop - a big FUCK YOU. Seriously. I refuse to sell my prints.

tjtd00
03-31-2006, 06:22 PM
right on man...good for you those low life scum really ruin it for the TRUE fan:thumbsup:

Hakkola
03-31-2006, 06:25 PM
Nice post man. :thumbsup: I wouldn't blame the players for not stopping for these guys.

Si_FlyGuy
03-31-2006, 06:30 PM
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

BerserkerCatSplat
03-31-2006, 06:31 PM
I think we need more upstanding people with solid morals and less people out to make a quick buck.

Sharpie
03-31-2006, 06:57 PM
Originally posted by BerserkerCatSplat
I think we need more upstanding people with solid morals and less people out to make a quick buck.
:werd:

Its not right to go there with alot of shit have have a player sit there for 20+ min to sign it all.

Vypros
03-31-2006, 07:05 PM
Originally posted by Sharpie

:werd:

Its not right to go there with alot of shit have have a player sit there for 20+ min to sign it all. A person I know was there yesterday. Mcarty signed 20+ photos for some chump...It's ridiculous.

Nissanaddict
03-31-2006, 07:13 PM
I'd maybe get 20 guys to sign my jersey...but I'd mostly go there to just meet them and shit. I went to the damn airport after game 7 last year, and I had NO problem with them all driving by. Some guy was like "assholes don't wanna sign anything" I said "go fuck yourself, they JUST played their asses off for us, and you want a signature?"...Mike Commodore stuck around though, and he ASKED if we wanted anything signed, so we grabbed a car flag. I shook Kippers hand as he drove by, and I had absolutely NO problem with them all just going home. People suck.

88CRX
03-31-2006, 07:13 PM
hence why you gotta keep it on the d/l ;)

googe
03-31-2006, 08:48 PM
although i see what youre saying, its ironic that you give buddy shit for wanting to make a buck, meanwhile the players are driving home in expensive porsches ;)

Kobe
04-01-2006, 12:16 AM
I know what you mean and all, but havn't you put cards on ebay for sale? lol

Weapon_R
04-01-2006, 12:21 AM
Originally posted by googe
although i see what youre saying, its ironic that you give buddy shit for wanting to make a buck, meanwhile the players are driving home in expensive porsches ;)

Porsches that the people of Calgary bought for them.

Vypros
04-01-2006, 12:54 AM
Originally posted by Kobe
I know what you mean and all, but havn't you put cards on ebay for sale? lol Have any of them had a flames autograph on them?

No, so theres your answer.

iceburns288
04-01-2006, 10:16 AM
Originally posted by googe

At least they earned those.

toyboy88
04-02-2006, 04:11 PM
same things for tickets....the scalpers who mark them up like 400% + on ebay during playoffs... :guns: :banghead: :thumbsdow :thumbsdow

cman
04-02-2006, 05:04 PM
Great post, sad to see those who are just out to make money potentially costing those who are there to see their idols exactly that chance.

tapout
04-02-2006, 06:46 PM
i agree but you must understand that this world is all about $$ & humans will do what ever it takes to make that dollar

frostyda9
04-02-2006, 09:05 PM
Good post Vypros, I absolutely agree :thumbsup:

I'm afraid this is just another one of those cases where a few bad apples ruin it for everyone else :thumbsdow

googe
04-03-2006, 01:11 AM
Originally posted by tapout
i agree but you must understand that this world is all about $$ & humans will do what ever it takes to make that dollar

including skipping out on playing hockey altogether for a year because a few million wasnt enough. :)

Foozle
04-03-2006, 11:32 AM
waaaaaa!! Mcarty will sign his photos but not mine. Shuuuutttt Up! Does any of this even really matter. Buddy who started this thread will be the first to sellout, as soon as his picture price increases.

Your all bandwagon fans! I hate ya!

Vypros
04-03-2006, 11:39 AM
Originally posted by Foozle
waaaaaa!! Mcarty will sign his photos but not mine. Shuuuutttt Up! Does any of this even really matter. Buddy who started this thread will be the first to sellout, as soon as his picture price increases.

Your all bandwagon fans! I hate ya! Me sellout? heh right. I've been offered good coinfor my pictures and I have not sold a single one, I have given them away. It doesnt cost me money to take them why would I charge. Go away.

HTN SWCHS
04-03-2006, 11:43 AM
good post, where are the practices??? id like to watch there drills sometime

R-Audi
04-03-2006, 11:44 AM
If the players are that worried about it, they should start personalizing their autographs.. (To XXX thanks for your support, signed XXXX)
You cant sell that kind of stuff!

I think if I were a player I would get sick of signing autogrpahs period. I dont care if you are selling them or not.. after working out the last thing I would want to do is hang around to be badgered for the next hour..

natejj
04-03-2006, 11:48 AM
Originally posted by toyboy88
same things for tickets....the scalpers who mark them up like 400% + on ebay during playoffs... :guns: :banghead: :thumbsdow :thumbsdow

So just because i happen to come across some tickets, and i KNOW that someone else wants to go, and is willing to pay a sick amount for them, its wrong for me to sell it to them for what they are willing to pay?

googe
04-03-2006, 12:30 PM
Originally posted by natejj

So just because i happen to come across some tickets, and i KNOW that someone else wants to go, and is willing to pay a sick amount for them, its wrong for me to sell it to them for what they are willing to pay?

yes

Foz
04-03-2006, 12:33 PM
Originally posted by Foozle

Your all bandwagon fans! I hate ya!

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

chong_wallace
04-03-2006, 05:13 PM
i totally agree with your ...but i'm sorry you're really contradicting yourself in in a flames ticket sale thread

http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&threadid=125347

So, I have his phone number, he wants $80usd for the ticket (which he voicemailed me and said was 'tickets' but its actually just one).

If anybody wants to buy it, $90 cash its a decent seat and I can get you his phone number if you PM me!

Vypros
04-03-2006, 05:17 PM
Originally posted by chong_wallace
i totally agree with your ...but i'm sorry you're really contradicting yourself in in a flames ticket sale thread

How the fuck am I doing that? I'm selling the ticket for some bloke off ebay. I have no idea what face value is on that ticket. Seriously, get bent if all you're gonna do is try to start shit.

88CRX
04-03-2006, 11:07 PM
So I had alittle run in with a scalper at the dome tonight.

My brother buys 2 sportcheck tickets this morning off ebay for $100, whatever, he really wanted to go. So we're gonna split them. Later on in the day my dad gets a call from some client and he has 2 tickets, row 4, president club... oh snap... my rents have season tickets so he's giving them to us. Sweet deal.

Now we need to unload these extra sport check tickets. $23.50 face value... so we head up to the LRT station where all the scum bags POS poverty broke ass scalpers hang out and try to unload them to the scalpers for face value... no way, they want to pay me $10 a ticket. I dont fucken think so. So we wait around and these two older ladies come up and there stormed by g-unit scalper 1. He says he has 2 sportcheck tickets for $60 a piece. Oh snap... so i wander over and mention that I have 2 tickets and I want $50 for both of them... of course g-unit scalper 1's buddy, isnt very happy I'm stealing there buisness, we'll call him g-unit scalper 2. Straight up wangsta bullshit... tear away track pants.... hoodie, some trailer trash hat and his shades... oakies (fake oakleys) comes up to my brother and me and says 'selling tickets for face value around here will get you face smashed in'

Ha!

My brother is 18 lol... and this "mature" adult is threatening him lol.

So I tell him to fuck off..... he says 'what' as hes walking towards me..... 'i said fuck off!'

Ha.... so he gets right in my face and asks me if i want to go downstair and talk this over with him and his buddies.

Bwahhahaha... 'your kidding me, go get a real job' I said.

So he's still in my face just standing there so I turn around and walk away... and holy fuck was that ever hard.... wanted to drop him so bad... but totally not worth it... whatever. Ended up selling them for $60 (bank machine only gave $20's) to some dudes from NewZealand :thumbsup:

FUCK SCALPERS! Gonna stop by wednesday night or whenever the next game is and shoot the shit with them I think. Stand around and yell... 'tickets for face value, get em while there hot' :rofl: whos up for a beyond meet at stampede lrt lol

HTN SWCHS
04-04-2006, 01:21 AM
count me in