PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Interested On Driving A Car?

harley11
03-31-2006, 06:53 PM
I'm looking for someone that is trustworthy that i can fly down to the usa and pickup a car and deliver the car to calgary. I would pay for flight, hotel, food, gas. Or i might pay by hour im not sure yet.

The total drive is 33 hours

You'll have to know how to go through customs doing paperwork.

You will be flown from calgary to houston texas.

Let me know if youre interested and espected wages.

You dont have to drive straight here...you can make it a holiday i dont care. There will be a said deadline but not where you have to drive straight back.

The car getting picked up is 2005 mazda 6i

http://67.15.66.175/south_pics/1YVHP80D255M11212/DCP_9514.JPG

wesseam
03-31-2006, 06:57 PM
what kind of car is being pickup?
edit: pics were added after i posted.

Hakkola
03-31-2006, 06:59 PM
What kind of car is it and when would this happen? I plan on going down to Vegas soon, wouldn't be hard to go from there to texas, but I won't be going until the american uni semester is over which is early or mid may.

Milk2%
03-31-2006, 07:00 PM
pm'd :D

kane584
03-31-2006, 07:01 PM
how much are paying approx an hour ?

harley11
03-31-2006, 07:08 PM
You can pm me what exspected wages you would like and we'll go from there. I already have 6 pm's about this. I must tell you this car deal isn't written in stone but very close.

You must know how to deal with customs to do this trip!!!

The car will be pre-paid so no business related info will have to be dealt with.

Someone that is responable will only be considered for this...i dont need someone bagging the shit out of the car while driving up here.

There is no set deadline when the car has to be picked up. Maybe within the first 2 weeks of april.

I work for cps so a copy of drivers licence and criminal record check will be done before you leave.

Zero102
04-01-2006, 09:59 AM
I've been there, done that.
Imported my 951 from the states last year. Did all of the importation paperwork, and had no troubles at all. I have a clean criminal record and driver's license as well.

What time frame are you looking at to pick the car up in? I'd be willing to do this for not a lot of money, since I'm badly in need of a vacation.

What is the arrangement for insurance and registration on the vehicle?

Supa Dexta
04-01-2006, 10:06 AM
Theres not going to be anything funny hidden in the gas tank or tires or anywares is there...

:rofl:

frozenrice
04-01-2006, 11:22 AM
^ he works for CPS. hmmmm.......

JAYMEZ
04-01-2006, 11:25 AM
Hrmmm , I wrote the guide to importing , its easy. If you need someone to do it , I can do it with ease.

Also to protect Beyonders some proof that you are CPS would be much appreciated. We just got to keep each other safe and make sure everything is :thumbsup:

harley11
04-01-2006, 01:12 PM
I'm starting my training now. One of my best friends which is on with district 3 will be doing the checking as i have just recieved my approval notice...not on beat yet but have been accepted.

I'm not rushing to get the car but in april will be best. I have several pm's and one guy is coming to meet me at district 3 today to be checked out and workout the final details.

I will let you know...Thanks alot you guys that have shown interest so far. Will let you know.

JAYMEZ
04-01-2006, 01:14 PM
^^ Sounds good , make sure the person who does it has done it before lol.

harley11
04-01-2006, 01:19 PM
Originally posted by JAYMEZ_STi
^^ Sounds good , make sure the person who does it has done it before lol.

Ya i know thats the only part that scares me. I don't need a call from customs bitching me out cause the driver doesn't have a clue how to bring it across.

harley11
04-02-2006, 01:53 AM
Okay the guy fell through cause he didn't know how to bring a vehicle across the border. This is a must!!!! You have to know what youre doing. what a waist of time.

Keep the pm's coming on exspecting wages.

What did you guys do for insurance crossing so many states? Someone told me i can get a cross country permit?

Also i know this is a stupid question but im going to ask anyways:

Doesn't mazda have a plant in usa so i wouldn't have to pay tax on this car?

max_boost
04-02-2006, 02:24 AM
Man I know I have nothing to contribute but you really have to trust this person to let them do this. :eek:

s3v3n
04-02-2006, 03:28 AM
Originally posted by max_boost
Man I know I have nothing to contribute but you really have to trust this person to let them do this. :eek:
:werd:
and by the time you pay airfare/wages/gas/food/hotel/etc you could have just had it moved by a shipping company.

harley11
04-02-2006, 03:32 AM
Shipping companies from texas are a total rip. If people reading this are interested on driving a nice car pm me and let me know what you would rather hourly wage flat rate whatever and we'll work from there.

Zephyr
04-02-2006, 03:33 AM
holy crap...texas to alberta..thats quite the drive!

LilDrunkenSmurf
04-02-2006, 03:44 AM
I would do it... but...
A) I'm in school until april
B) I'm fairly young, and you probably want someone more mature (I admit, I can be immature at times)
C) You want experience...

90Tegra
04-02-2006, 11:08 AM
not to ruin the thread. but whoever will drive the car, make sure there are no drugs and other bs hidden in the car.

harley11
04-02-2006, 01:53 PM
Originally posted by 90Tegra
not to ruin the thread. but whoever will drive the car, make sure there are no drugs and other bs hidden in the car.

Still getting pm's but no one knows what they want. Also there will be nothing in the car that is ilegal. Non smoker would be better also.

The most trustworthy person that i know or reconize from this website is "JAYMEZ_STi" and hes a moderator which makes things alittle better at my stand point. That doesn't mean i won't condsider other people its just if i do this i need it done right. No screwing around and what not. There's one day left on the auction and i need to know what im going to do:

Its a 33 hour drive and if i remember correctly i did it in 31 last year over a few days...I don't know who will drive but when i did it..i did it in 15 hours each day. But like i said im in no real rush for the car. I dont want people tailgating people and by the time i get the car there no paint left on the front end...:cry:

Keep the pm's coming with what you would like for a wage :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

harley11
04-02-2006, 06:30 PM
21 hours left for the auction

matt_calgary
04-02-2006, 07:07 PM
Just for references/documentation of both parties, you could both photocopy both licenses together, have owner of said car wave any liability of illegal substances/parcels and solely car owners respondsibility, if someone was really worried about it. I'd love to do it honestly but I have no idea what to do at the border. Good luck though.

harley11
04-02-2006, 07:18 PM
I'm now thinking of buying 2 vehicles from the usa one in vancouver washington and houston texas. Who wants to drive them?

Also when you pull up to customs and they do the paperwork and there's duty and tax that has to be paid....when do you pay that right then and there?????

Get back to me right away people as this car in washington will need to be picked up within one week.

whiskas
04-02-2006, 07:51 PM
Yes, you have to pay all fees on site.

sullygully
04-02-2006, 08:15 PM
Why don't you just call canadian customs to find out what exactly they driver has to do. That would be best, then you could get anyone trust worthy to do it

Pihsiak
04-02-2006, 08:23 PM
average of 3576.3 Kms
If you start at 9am and drive til 5pm, 4 days 1 hr and 38 mins
Driving time of 33 hrs and 38 mins

with a fuel cost of $313.89 Can if gas is .999/L (referneced in Calgary)

one hell of a drive

harley11
04-02-2006, 08:40 PM
Originally posted by whiskas
Yes, you have to pay all fees on site.

cash, cheque?? They dont care im guessing..as long as they get paid.

Goblin
04-02-2006, 09:25 PM
If the Washington one can be done in a weekend... That would be fun :)

minimum wage, 7 hour ?

haha but I have never done it before

JAYMEZ
04-02-2006, 09:37 PM
Originally posted by harley11

cash, cheque?? They dont care im guessing..as long as they get paid.

Cash/Debit/Credit Card. Its pretty painless :thumbsup:

harley11
04-02-2006, 10:37 PM
Originally posted by JAYMEZ_STi

Cash/Debit/Credit Card. Its pretty painless :thumbsup:

If youre serious about going you let me know what you want....16 hours till auction ends...for the one in houston...nobody got back to me in time for the wrx in washington but i did email the guy.

harley11
04-03-2006, 11:12 AM
Im kinda alittle lost on what to do with the insurance part...what does the driver have to do if hes driving through several states??? go to each insurance place for each state?

SilverBoost
04-03-2006, 01:25 PM
Just to add, you might want to make sure who ever does it also gets medical insurance/travellers insurance for the trip. God forbid an accident occurs. HUGE HUGE medical bills.