PDA

View Full Version : Honda : Prelude VS Del Sol

kane584
03-31-2006, 09:24 PM
hey i just bought a prelude the other day, and today i saw a crazy nice del sol, i was wondering which car u think is better in genenral

also is the del sol faster then prelude ?
i got a tiptronic prelude btw

im just wonderig, cause before i nevr payed attention to delsol

jcrules99
03-31-2006, 09:27 PM
lude all the way
del sol = del SLO

dooman24
03-31-2006, 09:27 PM
id go for hte prelude.. i don't konw to me.. the del sol is.. a girl car... i don't know why.. maybe cause how small it is but.. that's my .02 cents

BerserkerCatSplat
03-31-2006, 09:33 PM
If you're female and like slow cars, the Del Sol is the car for you. (That is, unless your a crazy guy who puts two engines in his Del Sol, then it's OK.)

Otherwise, stick with the Prelude.

kane584
03-31-2006, 09:39 PM
i already got a prelude I AM A MAN :guns:
personally i dont think del sols are that bad, please refer to the look alike supra del sol thread i made, if i had a del sol , i would definatly do that
but w/e i got a rare color prelude :D

glennc
03-31-2006, 09:41 PM
Some delsols come with b16a2's, given the fact they are lighter then a prelude, I vote delsol. Not to mention tighter handling.

As for looks del sols are ugggly.

A del sol doesnt weight all that much, and I know for fact a b16 EF civic would spank a vtec prelude (experience). Delsols dont weight much more then EF's. Del sol FTW

BerserkerCatSplat
03-31-2006, 09:44 PM
Originally posted by kane584

personally i dont think del sols are that bad, please refer to the look alike supra del sol thread i made, if i had a del sol , i would definatly do that

...So, if you bought a Civic Del Sol, you'd make it into the slowest Supra replica ever made? Why? That's just retarded.

kane584
03-31-2006, 09:45 PM
Originally posted by BerserkerCatSplat

...So, if you bought a Civic Del Sol, you'd make it into the slowest Supra replica ever made? Why? That's just retarded.

it picks ups chicks doesnt it ?

EK 2.0
03-31-2006, 09:45 PM

if you are slow the hunnies will spot you easier...

95EagleAWD
03-31-2006, 09:46 PM
You need your car to pick up chicks?

:thumbsdow

You need to just give 'er the charm!! :bigpimp:

BerserkerCatSplat
03-31-2006, 09:47 PM
Originally posted by EK 2.0

if you are slow the hunnies will spot you easier...

Hahaha, so you get the babe in the car, and she says "Floor it, baby!" And you go, "Er..well, I already am..."

No thanks. :rofl:

kane584
03-31-2006, 09:51 PM
hey , i got the prelude lol

jcrules99
03-31-2006, 09:53 PM

it picks ups chicks doesnt it ?

the fat chicks cuz del slo is too slow to get away

BerserkerCatSplat
03-31-2006, 09:53 PM
hey , i got the prelude lol

Haha, I know, I'm just buggin' ya a bit. :D

Originally posted by jcrules99

the fat chicks cuz del slo is too slow to get away

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Zing!

DelSoln
04-01-2006, 12:11 AM
Originally posted by glennc
Some delsols come with b16a2's, given the fact they are lighter then a prelude, I vote delsol. Not to mention tighter handling.

As for looks del sols are ugggly.

A del sol doesnt weight all that much, and I know for fact a b16 EF civic would spank a vtec prelude (experience). Delsols dont weight much more then EF's. Del sol FTW

If you can't find the 160 hp twin cam VTEC edition or don't plan on doing a swap then don't bother.

Primer_Drift
04-01-2006, 03:24 AM
If you're female and like slow cars, the Del Sol is the car for you. (That is, unless your a crazy guy who puts two engines in his Del Sol, then it's OK.)

It's still not ok :cry:

I own both, good choice on the Lude. I'd take a prelude any day over a Del Sol (unless I need Del sol parts..). Not because of any of the regurgitated BS about them being slow, or a chick car, but because the a Prelude is a much better all around car.

Prelude seats 4 (ok.. 2 plus 2 midgets), Del Sol seats 2. Prelude has fit and finish of Honda's top model (for its day), the Del Sol has the fit and finish of a civic + nice little leaks when it rains. The Prelude is cheaper to fix in the event of an accident, and used parts are always available. The Del Sol parts often have to be special order from Japan, and used parts are very hard to come by.