PDA

View Full Version : Westgate Condo

2.2vtec
04-01-2006, 12:05 PM
I went to the condo presentation for this building and prices went up 10,000 within a few hours! What you guys think of this project? I was talking with the builder and they said they are gonna bulild a 5million dollar Rec building for the occupants.

http://www.westgatepark.ca/

kaput
04-01-2006, 12:17 PM

2.2vtec
04-01-2006, 12:23 PM
I dont recall the prices for a single bedroom, but two bedrooms were starting at 289,000. Penthouse went up to 980,000! Estimated project completed time is 20 months

Chris Ng
04-01-2006, 12:44 PM
do a little investigating about the area this project is being built in.. if I recall, the site is on bow trail, across the street from westgate mall.. if so, it is being built right next to a bunch of low income housing (calgary housing) .. hemlock crescent which it is beside is also littered with these.. and they are there to stay..

Not to insult people who are forced to live in calgary housing project, but I defintely would not to live in that neighbourhood..

t-im
04-01-2006, 01:35 PM
I'm not too crazy about the neighborhood or location....especially at that price.

Shaolin
04-01-2006, 01:52 PM
289k for that area? I can understand it's close to downtown and all but what else does it have to offer for such a price range? near public transportation?

googe
04-01-2006, 01:56 PM
Originally posted by kaput
What are the prices like for a single bedroom? I was going to take a look at them but I figure its going to be retardedly overpriced (which you just confirmed) and not completed for several years. Honestly how can prices increase $10,000 in a few hours without pissing people off? I would have just left.

actually, its the BUYERS that increased the price. so no, they arent going to piss people off :)

2.2vtec
04-01-2006, 03:19 PM
Originally posted by Shaolin
289k for that area? I can understand it's close to downtown and all but what else does it have to offer for such a price range? near public transportation?

You have to remember I have seen real small places(591sq ft) in the worst areas for low 200 range.

t-im
04-01-2006, 03:24 PM
Originally posted by 2.2vtec

You have to remember I have seen real small places(591sq ft) in the worst areas for low 200 range.

and I have seen 700-800 sq ft. units in Downtown for high 200's.

The features/specs of that Brava condo don't sound outstanding, either, especially for the price they are asking.

Also, a $5m rec centre doesn't mean much because you end up paying for it in condo fee's. Usually the facilities aren't as good, and will cost you more then getting a gym membership.

Accord_tunerx
04-01-2006, 03:31 PM
if you buy a condo from there please buy one that is facing and over looking the shaganappi golf course other wise i would not buy one if you are facing westbrook mall or shaganappi village(calgary housing).

Accord_tunerx
04-01-2006, 03:36 PM
Originally posted by Chris Ng
do a little investigating about the area this project is being built in.. if I recall, the site is on bow trail, across the street from westgate mall.. if so, it is being built right next to a bunch of low income housing (calgary housing) .. hemlock crescent which it is beside is also littered with these.. and they are there to stay..

Not to insult people who are forced to live in calgary housing project, but I defintely would not to live in that neighbourhood.. there is nomore hemlock cres.it's now called copperwood and they are condos but i know what your saying;) i used to live there waaaay back, and that was when "Vanilla Ice" was in da house. hahahaha:nut:

Shaolin
04-01-2006, 05:06 PM

Danny, I don't know about you man.. but I wouldn't pay 289k for that condo unless if that condo had a view of DT or the golf course.. You can get a house in a "relatively" good area for 289k.. I mean, that martindale house went for just over 220k.. :dunno:

2.2vtec
04-01-2006, 05:35 PM
Are there ANY condo developments starting up that is decently priced?!?! PLEASE POST A LINK!

AND NOT IN THE NE OR SE

Weapon_R
04-01-2006, 05:41 PM
Are there ANY condo developments starting up that is decently priced?!?! PLEASE POST A LINK!

AND NOT IN THE NE OR SE

No there aren't. Especially if you want to be picky about it.

D. Dub
04-01-2006, 05:54 PM
Originally posted by Chris Ng

Not to insult people who are forced to live in calgary housing project, but I defintely would not to live in that neighbourhood..

good point...that will definitely make resale harder when the market slows down

2.2vtec
04-01-2006, 05:54 PM
Originally posted by Weapon_R

No there aren't. Especially if you want to be picky about it.

I would expect someone to be picky about where they are going to live...I wouldn't want to move into a place that is built cheap, shitty area, etc. It seems like condo developers are just building crap and expecting that it will sell. If a lot of people are saying "wow your paid xxx dollars for a condo of xx sq" and can't actually find a somewhere decently price shouldn;t be talking.

joyridder
04-02-2006, 10:15 AM
I have lived in the SW for most of my life now. Its a really good community. Good transit routes, Westbrook Mall, close to Westhills. My BF and I live off of Cedar Cres (right by Copperwood). There are mostly seniors and smaller families occupying the area. I would have to say that the area to which the condo sits is a busy area (traffic on bow trail). Its like a 10-12 min drive downtown during the weekdays. Generally I would have to say that is it one of the best areas to live in, although the price of the condo's in unreal considering the square footage. I would never pay that much! The views are a great selling feature though...:thumbsup:

red01
04-03-2006, 12:16 AM
I have a friend selling his westgate phase II hold .. he got it 25k under list price as he's partially related to builder.

let me know if your interested.

900+ sq feet ... 2 bedroom ... full granite + upgrades ...

msommers
04-03-2006, 02:34 AM
Originally posted by joyridder
Generally I would have to say that is it one of the best areas to live in, although the price of the condo's in unreal considering the square footage. I would never pay that much! The views are a great selling feature though...:thumbsup: [/B]

In areas like that, just rent it out straight off the bat and even in a few years sell it and make quite a bit of cash. With Calgary real estate, its next to impossible to go wrong, investment wise.

JAYMEZ
04-03-2006, 02:47 AM
I used to go to school down in that area , I wouldnt want to live around there. But the building defiantly looks nice , it might be a nice investment

Weapon_R
04-03-2006, 03:29 AM

I would expect someone to be picky about where they are going to live...I wouldn't want to move into a place that is built cheap, shitty area, etc. It seems like condo developers are just building crap and expecting that it will sell. If a lot of people are saying "wow your paid xxx dollars for a condo of xx sq" and can't actually find a somewhere decently price shouldn;t be talking.

I *want* to agree with that statement, but you and I both know how fast property is selling. When I got my condo, it was on the market for 4 hrs before it sold, and I paid more than the asking price to get it because my original offer (the asking price) was beaten by others. It sucks, but right now is a tough time to buy so try and get in while you can.

2.2vtec
04-03-2006, 04:48 AM
Originally posted by red01
I have a friend selling his westgate phase II hold .. he got it 25k under list price as he's partially related to builder.

let me know if your interested.

900+ sq feet ... 2 bedroom ... full granite + upgrades ...

Thanks for the offer but I got in cheaper then that for a 900 plus condo:D . The buiders are awesome people, one of the most honest ones for sure. I know this cause they built my current house and included so many free upgrades.

red01
04-03-2006, 09:12 AM
just to add... its 11th floor with mountain view.

sputnik
04-03-2006, 09:36 AM

Just be thankful you dont live in Vancouver. Calgary is a hot market right now. Just because you WANT a good deal doesnt mean they exist. There are waiting lists right now for new homes and condos. Get in line and bring your wallet. If you dont want to pay the money for a place rent an apartment instead. Condos are also being "cancelled" half way through construction and then peoples deposits are being sent back to them. Then a month later construction is "restarted" and the former owners have the ability to buy their condo back (for $50,000 more). The developer doesnt care because they know the building will sell out just as fast. Unfortunately it will be a few years before Calgary will come close to hitting a plateau for any length of time.

Do you really want a city full of cheap condos? In downtown Toronto are hundreds of fairly cheap condos forsale. However the moment you have to sell it you will be with the other 1000 people trying to sell theirs too.

2.2vtec
04-03-2006, 09:52 AM
I wouldnt really care if the city was full of cheap condos but just as long as im not living in one of them. I believe that the Westgate will be a HIGH quality project because of the company reputation, concrete building, and sweet ceiling to floor glass walls.:bigpimp:

hingkit
04-03-2006, 05:18 PM
brava unints are excellent ... builder is highly reputable and thers 5 acres of land including a swimming facility ...

Phase two is all high end units ... start prices are now at 330k ... the units are now 75% sold out ...

phase 3 will start at approximatly 450k .... much larger rooms in this last phase.

Phase II level 11 ... 2 bedroom upgraded @ 350k is a good deal in todays market.

2.2vtec
04-03-2006, 07:32 PM
Originally posted by hingkit
brava unints are excellent ... builder is highly reputable and thers 5 acres of land including a swimming facility ...

Phase two is all high end units ... start prices are now at 330k ... the units are now 75% sold out ...

phase 3 will start at approximatly 450k .... much larger rooms in this last phase.

Phase II level 11 ... 2 bedroom upgraded @ 350k is a good deal in todays market.

Do you know if phase one had some cheaper units? What was the starting on that phase?