PDA

View Full Version : Anti Pinch

Larry10
04-02-2006, 08:44 AM
Hello everybody! I wanna ask you to help me with this matter. I would like to know, if you have some ideas how could the anti-pinch systems for windows, doors and seat adjustment be improved. What is your vision about it? The today’s systems react after they firstly touch you (in many cases not so gently, and in some others they could even injure you). So what kind of a trends do you see in the future? Thanks

Primer_Drift
04-02-2006, 12:27 PM
:confused: What vehicle has anti-pinch technology? Personally I have never been pinched by a window.. it must take a special kind of stupid to do that.
Reminds me of ... http://youtube.com/watch?v=P2mAv2ymZtA

barbarian
04-02-2006, 01:01 PM
Well maybe the guy has kids.

Si_FlyGuy
04-02-2006, 01:06 PM
They have anti-pinch systems for car seats?:nut:

I'll try to use that excuse on my next date.
:rofl:

Larry10
04-03-2006, 12:53 AM
Thank you, guys for all your answers. I am still not a father, but I think the member with the nick "barbarian" has a good point of view. Cause it happened once - a 12 yo girl had been deadly pinched off by a car electric window 14 years ago. She pushed the button with her knee after her head was out of the window. Soon afterwards anti pinch systems were introduced in the new car ranges. Now, systems as a hydraulic trunk close and lock; windows, which are going back after a backpressure more than 50 or 100 Newton (depends on the model) is executed to them, and electric seat adjustments, which rarely have anti pinch equipment are not a privilege anymore I don't think we need to test them personally to know does it hurt, if they pinch us off. I'm just asking you to give me your opinion on the question: How do you imagine the anti-pinch systems in the future? What could be improved?

Zero102
04-03-2006, 08:57 AM
The anti-pinch on my golf is really good. If you stick your fingers in it and close the window it doesn't hurt at all.

IIRC, the system watches for a spike in motor current, and reverses the motor if this happens before one of the limit switches is connected. I suppose the only thing you could really do is make it look for smaller spikes. Other than that, you would need some kind of detector (like the IR eyes on garage doors), but that system would be pretty complicated since the opening is only as wide as the glass, and it's curved in most cases.

Larry10
04-03-2006, 04:44 PM
Thank you, Zero102. I appreciate your answer. My work is to help Siemens to improve the present systems. I am a student and I make a project together with them for one of my classes. I hope some of your opinions may lead to a radical innovation in this sphere.

kane584
04-03-2006, 09:12 PM
this lebanese guy lost his fingers when he stuck out his hand in the sunroof and some one closed thee sunroof of a prelude on im
OUCH :eek: