PDA

View Full Version : how did u get a nice car?

lerner04
04-02-2006, 07:41 PM
to all you guys/girls with the nice/expensive/brand new cars ex: subaru wrx,350z,hummers,lancer evo, newer civics, s2000, and cars like that or even older nice cars with alot of money and effort put into them i think you got the idea, but anyways how did u people get there? like what kind of jobs do you have, how many years of college did use have to go through, where did u get all the money to buy these cars or dump into these cars? and people who had to take out a major loan to do this kind of stuff, and to the people that there parents give them money, this thread isnt for you no offense l0l

nismodrifter
04-02-2006, 07:41 PM
Crack cocaine.

01RedDX
04-02-2006, 07:44 PM

BerserkerCatSplat
04-02-2006, 07:44 PM
Originally posted by nismodrifter
Crack cocaine.

To be more specific, selling it to children.

KoukiS14
04-02-2006, 07:45 PM
through instead of threw
loan instead of lone
offense instead of affence

No offense but no loan is gonna help you get through this thread.

Aleks
04-02-2006, 07:45 PM
Our parents give us money. My new M3 is on the way as soon as my dad gives me his credit card.

lerner04
04-02-2006, 07:52 PM
ok i eddited the post

iceburns288
04-02-2006, 07:54 PM
I know a guy who knows a guy who can break some legs. If ya know what I mean.

Rocky
04-02-2006, 07:54 PM
Hard work in school, being responsible, and a fortunate situation in life, along with the fact I'm an only child :P

soupey
04-02-2006, 07:55 PM
Originally posted by lerner04
ok i eddited the post
edited*

Kirbs17
04-02-2006, 07:55 PM
I worked my ass of digging holes for 2 years, bought a jetta! w00t!

Neil4Speed
04-02-2006, 07:57 PM
haha you guys are hillarious.

Well, I am guessing that your a little younger judging by your spelling and the question. Really, I know this isn't the answer your looking for but per peoples circumstances its infantismal as to what one did to buy a "nice car". Lets face it, hard work pays off. I would generally equate nice car with money as they somewhat go hand in hand. Going and pursuing post-secondary education can help you in achiving a more specialized job which will pay you more and allow you to be able to afford what have you. Allot of it is luck/having an entrepreunal spirit.

Right now, I think it probably is enough to be happy with what you have. Hard work pays off, life isn't all about nice cars and bling houses.

Pee_Sack
04-02-2006, 07:58 PM
I saved 10 grand, for a down payment, now I have payments every month.

Team_Mclaren
04-02-2006, 07:59 PM
daddy paid for it. along with... everything else...

CrvenaZvezda
04-02-2006, 08:16 PM
Parents paid for half I paid the other half, but I have to pay for all the modifications!!!

Ekliptix
04-02-2006, 08:18 PM
Living at home until I was 35.

snowboard
04-02-2006, 08:21 PM
Originally posted by Ekliptix

im only 18, and so far, thats my plan of attack :D

tsi_neal
04-02-2006, 08:37 PM
get a pair of knee pads, some chap stick, and be prepared to swallow...

GC84ever
04-02-2006, 08:50 PM
found a good deal and financed it.
almost had to sell a kidney to some alcoholic-celebrity though;)

MackDawg
04-02-2006, 08:51 PM
Put 5 Grand in to Stocks and watched them almost every day till I felt it was time to get out and I sure did benifited from it. I also work in the Oil patch as an operator, so thats cool.

peace

Marc.

lerner04
04-02-2006, 08:52 PM
ok thx to everyone who responded with an adult respons and i didnt know it was a big deal to spell everything 100% correctly these days, and hey soupey thx for fixing that spelling error do you feel better about yourself or is being a jackass is just what you want to be when you grow up

t-im
04-02-2006, 08:54 PM
My parents credit card.

RX-7_TWINTURBO
04-02-2006, 08:55 PM
I got a bank loan to buy my car, and I pay off the loan by whoring myself out to fat chicks

statick
04-02-2006, 08:57 PM

I also intend to do this, and go through a fair amount of schooling, in order to buy a C43 AMG.

BlueFrenzy
04-02-2006, 09:03 PM
Went through 4 years of university and then 4 years dental school while living like a poor man. Get a good "edumacation" and you can get far. With that said, I have friends who make a lot of money and drive regular cars (Ford Taurus, Mazda 3, etc) ... so like Neil4Speed said, money isn't everything. Get a nice car once you have other priorities in your life in order.

dj_rice
04-02-2006, 09:05 PM
Originally posted by RX-7_TWINTURBO
I got a bank loan to buy my car, and I pay off the loan by whoring myself out to fat chicks

No way?You too???I guess I'm not the only one then :thumbsup: :clap:

RX-7_TWINTURBO
04-02-2006, 09:08 PM
Originally posted by dj_rice

No way?You too???I guess I'm not the only one then :thumbsup: :clap:

Fat chicks need love too (they just gotta pay for it):bigpimp:

Vietsta
04-02-2006, 09:09 PM
i am working a dog to pay off my car=]
clean money tho man

Sharpie
04-02-2006, 09:13 PM
Originally posted by Vietsta
i am working a dog to pay off my car=]
clean money tho man
So in other-words you are a pimp?

Vietsta
04-02-2006, 09:18 PM
naw a pimp is a person that drives the batmobile
haha:)

Goblin
04-02-2006, 09:20 PM
Originally posted by CrvenaZvezda
Parents paid for half I paid the other half, but I have to pay for all the modifications!!!

:werd:

gen2teggy
04-02-2006, 09:21 PM
everything takes time

MIWYFSHOTTER
04-02-2006, 09:24 PM
financing. anyone can get it nowadays if you really wanted to. I know a broke guy that "looks" rich but hes actually working his butt off to pay everything.

FiveFreshFish
04-02-2006, 09:26 PM

Why stop at 35? :rofl:

guessboi
04-02-2006, 09:26 PM
school school school and more school. hard work pays off. I am still doing school for my designations even though I am working...
in addition....you MUST know how to manage your money! and find ways to make MORE money legally! I know people who makes lots but they spend it all!

all in all...buy only if you can afford it! :clap:

soupey
04-02-2006, 09:37 PM
Originally posted by tsi_neal
:rofl:

ok thx to everyone who responded with an adult respons and i didnt know it was a big deal to spell everything 100% correctly these days, and hey soupey thx for fixing that spelling error do you feel better about yourself or is being a jackass is just what you want to be when you grow up
yep thats exactly what i want to be based on fixing a spelling mistake you made...

but while we're at it

response*. ur name quite possibly was mispelt too...learner*

iceburns288
04-02-2006, 09:42 PM

Wow, I really wanna help you now.

max_boost
04-02-2006, 10:01 PM
Originally posted by FiveFreshFish

Why stop at 35? :rofl: If I wasn't getting flamed so much on Beyond, I would have lived at home until I was 50. I credit this forum for making me realize how much more PIMP it is to have a nice place on your own, and still drive a nice car. haha
I was plowing all my money into investments hoping to get rich by 35 but now I am cash strap and I won't ever see the money cause it's sitting locked in my house (unless I sell).

On a serious note, I run the family business, lucked out hardcore, no complaints here. I do work everyday though, so it's not like I have it super easy.

NickGT
04-02-2006, 10:17 PM
Luck, hard work, and budgeting.

Graham_A_M
04-02-2006, 10:32 PM
Priorities. Seriously, just priotize it. I minimize my frivulous expenses (is that you spell it? lol:nut: ) And work hard. I guess a well paying job helps. I'm single, so thats a big time/money saver in my opinion, even if we were to take turns footing the bill, $70 here and there for supper or 'going out' really adds up in time. I just keep the costs down, by doing so, $500 here, $800 there really adds up in time, and makes for an amazing car in the long run. Either that or having REALLY good credit (perferbally with equity in either investments or a house/real estate really make a HUGE difference in terms of being granted a loan to buy a car. My next car will be idiotically expensive, so with that in mind: The banks tell me I need a house as collatarol, and/or a BIG down payment.. so now what? I'm buying a house and saving up like mad. (selling my blue MX6 in my sig as well to help with the downpayment) :dunno:

Its just: have a goal (being the car/truck in question) and work HARD towards it. I have a pic of the Supra TT that I'm buying: posted everywhere I go.. in my car.. in my bathroom mirror, and whenever I'm working HARD and getting tired, I always know what I'm working towards: which makes the struggle that much more 'worth while'

;)

GTS Jeff
04-02-2006, 11:04 PM
I restrict myself to eating only every other day.

gpomp
04-02-2006, 11:06 PM
jeff is back :eek:

HTN SWCHS
04-02-2006, 11:09 PM
i love milking the parents, i was so close to an srt4, but i came home drunk and passed out on the toilet so my dad got pissed off,

i got a b16a2 from jdmsource for taking out my earings
and a few times i scored an $800 paycheck if i promised to cut my hair

awesome :thumbsup:

b_t
04-02-2006, 11:09 PM
I've worked two jobs for about four years now.

A_3
04-02-2006, 11:14 PM
Originally posted by GTS Jeff
I restrict myself to eating only every other day.

Holy hell!

Had to double and triple check the post date to make sure I wasn't seeing things.

Good to have ya back aboard!

As for buying a nice car. Work hard and budget. It's all about priorities.

5abi
04-02-2006, 11:20 PM
parents bought me a brandnew pacifica a month ago, b4 that htye bought me a stang in 02....

hopefully i'll return the favor 1 day

withthe o-tharity invectd in mi eye pranancne yu f@gg0t

euro_racer
04-02-2006, 11:30 PM
HOLLY SHIT Jeff is back lol that was a real suprise

as for the topic...me and my bro shared cars for a while (pain in the ass to share with siblings) and we would allways look for good deals, drive the car for a bit, sell it, make money, upgrade to something better...and so on...we started with a 89 civic cx lol and now i own a couple "nicer cars" myself and so does my brother.
im 19, my brother is about to turn 18 :bigpimp:

oh and having a job or different jobs and going to school is a big part too i think. That or going for the eazy money (crack) :D

HTN SWCHS
04-02-2006, 11:32 PM
meth... (low overhead)

Shaolin
04-02-2006, 11:35 PM
got my car from piggy backing the money I saved and gave it to my parents to invest in their portfolio.. took it out at 21 and bought myself the Civic with cash.. although I think if i was able to go back I would've done things differently..

education and hardwork also helps as well and since I no longer take out investments to buy depreciable assets, it's just saving up enough so finance/lease on my next vehicle will be low.

FatboyTheHungry
04-02-2006, 11:41 PM
Went to university and worked hard.
Got a job and worked harder.
After a while I got established, and now I get everything I want.
I also don't have to work so hard anymore.

LilDrunkenSmurf
04-02-2006, 11:47 PM
Originally posted by HTN SWCHS
i love milking the parents, i was so close to an srt4, but i came home drunk and passed out on the toilet so my dad got pissed off,

awesome :thumbsup:
I think I'm gonna stab you in the eye with a rusty plastic spoon now... No errors there... rusty plastic... I'm working my ass off at a low paying job almost as much as I can to pay it off. On top of going to school, paying tuition and all those other expenses... IN THE EYE!

max_boost
04-03-2006, 12:10 AM

awesome :thumbsup: :rofl: It only takes you so far man!

msommers
04-03-2006, 02:13 AM
For all those that have really nice cars, including my previous vehicle, something I just realized. Instead of getting a vehicle and modifying the hell out of it, I could have made a good downpayment on a house! Was it worth it ya....would I do it again.....oh probably:burnout:

HTN SWCHS
04-03-2006, 11:48 AM
Originally posted by max_boost
:rofl: It only takes you so far man!

yah he said hed cut me off after i was done school and he bought me a shop and a house :rofl:

most of it is thanks because they were real strict when i was a kid, and we worked our asses off when i was in grade 7-12

kaput
04-03-2006, 12:15 PM

b_t
04-03-2006, 12:24 PM
Originally posted by kaput
And the pot keeps growing...

My pot keeps growing too, but I go for a policy of quality over quantity. If I let it grow much more, I'll have to take it out of my closet and move it into my shower.

civicrider
04-03-2006, 12:35 PM
rich girlfriend, drugs ect.....

max_boost
04-03-2006, 01:49 PM

yah he said hed cut me off after i was done school and he bought me a shop and a house :rofl:

most of it is thanks because they were real strict when i was a kid, and we worked our asses off when i was in grade 7-12 Sweet. Now you just have to do the same for your kid. You'll probably lose it when they try to pull the same shit you pulled. :rofl:

HTN SWCHS: Cut your hair son
Son: Hell no, unless if you give me $800!
HTN SWCHS: You fucker, SMACK. :rofl:

Xtrema
04-03-2006, 02:06 PM
30% Hard work

70% Luck

QuasarCav
04-03-2006, 02:09 PM
I bought an Integra instead.

Mr. Burns
04-03-2006, 02:19 PM
Originally posted by b_t

My pot keeps growing too, but I go for a policy of quality over quantity. If I let it grow much more, I'll have to take it out of my closet and move it into my shower.

:rofl:

theken
04-03-2006, 02:53 PM
parents have given me money when my cars break down but have never given me money to buy one. i've had to work since i was about 15 to buy any of my cars, i have 1 nice one that runs, and 1 nice one that doesnt hahaha. now i have a house at 21 and 3 cars.

/////AMG
04-03-2006, 04:04 PM
Work your ass off.

LilDrunkenSmurf
04-03-2006, 04:45 PM

most of it is thanks because they were real strict when i was a kid, and we worked our asses off when i was in grade 7-12

shop?

modded46
04-03-2006, 04:56 PM
I touch myself so I can afford my cars. :burnout:

Hakkola
04-03-2006, 06:44 PM
Originally posted by msommers
For all those that have really nice cars, including my previous vehicle, something I just realized. Instead of getting a vehicle and modifying the hell out of it, I could have made a good downpayment on a house! Was it worth it ya....would I do it again.....oh probably:burnout:

:werd:

Car was a hand me down, paid my own insurance and gas in highschool, started working when I was 17. Continued working in uni and college, took a year and a half off school and became an assistant manager at a clothing store. Dumped 20 grand (and counting) into my car and I should have put money into a house. Now because the ride looks right I have to keep it that way, takes money to maintain and make improvements... Now that I'm back in school I'm working two part time jobs to make ends meet. :thumbsdow

Not all my money has gone into the car, but a good chunk of it has. If I were you I wouldn't worry about a nice car until school is over and you have a steady job. School and life in general would be a lot easier if I didn't have to go from classes to work 6 days a week.

When you start modding you can't stop... " If I get a body kit, then I need new wheels, then I need exhaust because it looks gay with stock exhaust, now I need new headlights, now I need this, that, and the other thing..."

euro_racer
04-03-2006, 07:16 PM
:werd: soo true, cars are a almost never-ending money eating pit...when you start modding your car you are almost NEVER completely satisfied. i mean look at the big guys with the craziest rides, you would thing there is absolutely nothing you can change to the car that hasent been tuched but every now and then you see them changing different rims at least wich equals more $$$ dumped

i myself have decided to buy a cheeper older car (89 jetta worth about 1000 but still pimp lol) and sell the other ones (lexus, integra worth about 22000 combimed) and save up to start looking for a house or at least an apartmant

Mar
04-03-2006, 08:00 PM

Well it's been quite effective of me losing respect for you. I was going to answer your question but now it'd just be wasting my time.

b_t
04-03-2006, 10:34 PM
Originally posted by Mar

Well it's been quite effective of me losing respect for you. I was going to answer your question but now it'd just be wasting my time.

I'm with this guy. If you can't be bothered to spell, you can't be bothered to be successful either.

EK 2.0
04-03-2006, 10:37 PM
Originally posted by tsi_neal

Did you not purchase Jaymez' old whip??...

if you did...ewwwwwwwwwwww:D

gp36912
04-03-2006, 10:45 PM
heres what i did, started saving since who knows when, may be too late now. i used to live in dover so we never had nice cars and i wanted one badly so i just started saving money since then. had about 4gs when i turned 16, started working etc. saved up about 10gs total. getting close to my 18th bday i had 12gs saved up, my parents gave me 10gs for a car and i bought my car. had parents cosign for th rest of the money, and ive problably spent 12gs total on parts, tires etc. car total comes to about 30 something grand with more parts and repairs on the way.

though a year and a half ago a house is the way to go so i went and talked my parents into buying another house. now with the house market as hot as this, i can afford a m3 and mod it easily if i sell one of the houses.

GTS Jeff
04-04-2006, 12:59 PM
Originally posted by A_3
Good to have ya back aboard!

The reports of my [ban] were greatly exaggerated...

A_3
04-04-2006, 01:04 PM
Well that's a shame. Posthumously you were becoming some what of a legend.

Like Robin Hood perhaps, but more of a bastard.

Haha, still good to have ya back.

AndrewMZ3
04-04-2006, 01:10 PM
$60+ oil

95EagleAWD
04-04-2006, 02:59 PM
Originally posted by msommers

You can't drive your house though...

I worked a lot to save up some moolah. Bank loan, sold the other car, and voila... I have my Acura. My apartment is smaller than I wanted, but I like the car too much to care much about that.

GTS Jeff
04-04-2006, 04:58 PM
Originally posted by A_3
Well that's a shame. Posthumously you were becoming some what of a legend.

Like Robin Hood perhaps, but more of a bastard. Mark Twain, actually...:rofl:

h22aseller
04-04-2006, 05:20 PM
Step 1: Take your mom car shopping and talk her into a car that you like, but she will eventually get tired of

Step 2: Accept her offer of giving you the car if you pay gas and insurance

Step 3: Go to school and make aformentioned mother proud

Step 4: Now that your mom loves you again, talk her into giving you the downpayment on a house

Step 5: Park previously mentioned car in your new garage and TAKE THE BUS EVERYWHERE

Step 6: Go to the bar, pick up a chick, offer to take her back to YOUR PLACE

Step 7: She sees you have a house, a car that is clean (hence the parking in the garage) and will want to make sweet sweet love to you all night long. :bigpimp:

guessboi
04-04-2006, 06:08 PM
^ step 6, do we take the taxi? :rofl:

gp36912
04-04-2006, 08:16 PM
^^^ or her car :D :rofl: :rofl:

h22aseller
04-05-2006, 04:21 PM
no way guys, THE BUS, you KNOW that gets em wet :bigpimp: