PDA

View Full Version : Marketplace: Cars for sale.

Ford
04-02-2006, 08:01 PM
The Marketplace: Cars for sale section needs to have strict and changed rules.

No one should be allowed to post in a thread unless they are interested.

I am selling my mothers corvette and there are idiots bashing the car saying it is not real, how the hell am I supposed to sell the car with idiots bashing a completely mint 12,000 km car, she's giving it away at a more then reasonable 60,000 just because she wants a new slk.

I dont think anyone should be allowed to post at all in someone else's thread just because they feel they have some urge to think the car is some sort of a fake???

This is Bull Shit and if this isn't changed i'm leaving this shit, and keeping a bad rep about the place.

If you say you dont miss me good.

saiyajin
04-02-2006, 08:04 PM
well...you are able to post it for FREE
if you dont like it, pay to put it up on Autotrader or bargainfinder where only INTERESTED ppl will give you a call
stop complaining you're using a free resource here
:thumbsup:

Ford
04-02-2006, 08:11 PM
Why should it have to be a shitty free resource when it could be better with a tiny bit of effort, isn't that what this section is about, trying to improve it. It is going in the trader as well, or might just be traded in to hyatt.

FiveFreshFish
04-02-2006, 08:13 PM
You got bashed because of incorrect information originally stated in your description.

Ford
04-02-2006, 08:18 PM
I got bashed because of idiots.

Saying the dash looks cheap, you dont post that shit in somones thread.
Saying it only comes in red no all of them are, it just happens that there is a special "red" that is only offered in 2003 for the 50th anniversary year.

She owns the car and I have a scanned copy of the invoice right infront of me.

Does your mom drive a corvette? Oh no probably a 90'ish corolla.

BURN .:whipped:

D'z Nutz
04-02-2006, 08:19 PM
Actually, two of the marketplace rules state:

7. Do not post if your post has nothing to do with the item
8. Do not post if you have no intention of buying the item at the time of your post

Unfortunately, I am led to believe most of our forum members are illiterate as many can not seem to read (don't get me started on spelling and grammar). If you have a problem with posts in your thread, please report them. If we find someone is constantly posting unnecessary garbage in the marketplace, their access to it will be removed.

jcrules99
04-02-2006, 08:19 PM
^ that was lame.. i think most peoples mom's have newer cars

my mom drives a 2003 durango

Ford
04-02-2006, 08:22 PM
Originally posted by jcrules99

It was a cheap shot back at the people that delivered the cheap shot in my thread.

It made me feel a little better to get that last poke in.

snowboard
04-02-2006, 08:22 PM
Originally posted by jcrules99

yah i feel for you, those guys are cocks...
but its true my mom drives a 2002 BMW?? haha..

AND She can beat your mom up.. ;)

Ford
04-02-2006, 08:23 PM
Originally posted by D'z Nutz
Actually, two of the marketplace rules state:

Unfortunately, I am led to believe most of our forum members are illiterate as many can not seem to read (don't get me started on spelling and grammar). If you have a problem with posts in your thread, please report them. If we find someone is constantly posting unnecessary garbage in the marketplace, their access to it will be removed.

Has been done thank you, maybe there should be some examples set? I dont know how else it could get through people.

Team_Mclaren
04-02-2006, 08:29 PM
we try to do our best keep track of what happens in all forums. After you have reported a post, please allow us time to process them. We dont get paid to do this, we're offering a free service for all to enjoy. I dont like you attitude either, no one is making you stay. You are not the one paying the bills to keep this site running, yet bitch like we own you someting.

nismodrifter
04-02-2006, 08:31 PM
Originally posted by Ford
Why should it have to be a shitty free resource when it could be better with a tiny bit of effort, isn't that what this section is about, trying to improve it. It is going in the trader as well, or might just be traded in to hyatt.

Well I was going to post something constructive and give you some advice about how to deal with thread hijacks and such but after reading your replies in your own thread and the post above it seems like you have the shittiest, stinkiest attitude EVER.

Why should we give you a place to post your shit for free anyways? If its so shitty then why are you using it? Do you know how much time is spent deleting bullshit posts/moving threads/re-naming titles etc etc?????

Don't like it? GTFO.

CrvenaZvezda
04-02-2006, 08:35 PM

Saying it only comes in red no all of them are, it just happens that there is a special "red" that is only offered in 2003 for the 50th anniversary year.

You're a fuckin' fag dude, that was the worst burn ever... Please leave, looks like most of the people online at the moment want you gone!!!

andres_mt
04-02-2006, 09:08 PM
The Marketplace: Cars for sale section needs to have strict and changed rules.

No one should be allowed to post in a thread unless they are interested.

I am selling my mothers corvette and there are idiots bashing the car saying it is not real, how the hell am I supposed to sell the car with idiots bashing a completely mint 12,000 km car, she's giving it away at a more then reasonable 60,000 just because she wants a new slk.

I dont think anyone should be allowed to post at all in someone else's thread just because they feel they have some urge to think the car is some sort of a fake???

This is Bull Shit and if this isn't changed i'm leaving this shit, and keeping a bad rep about the place.

If you say you dont miss me good.

There should be some way to post a thread where only PM's are allowed so that interested buyers are not distracted by the "bashing" some users post on your car.

Not sure if this exists or not. But it would work.

p.s. Whining and bitching gets you no where.

JAYMEZ
04-02-2006, 09:14 PM
All you have to do is PM a mod and we will clean up the thread for you.

People need to learn the rules.

ricosuave
04-02-2006, 09:56 PM
what about (especially in car fs threads) there is one post, the original, and its locked after that. the poster can edit it, but there are no replies.

if anyone wantes further info, they HAVE to contact the seller via pm, or maybe email or phone...

BTW, why is the email function disabled?

thoughts? i think its a great idea.

arian_ma
04-02-2006, 11:54 PM
^^ That idea is flawed a bit: what if it's a fraud or wrong information? If you PM someone and tell em they will most likely not change anything.

wildrice
04-03-2006, 12:00 AM
I honestly do not see any problem w/ the way things are right now. People just need to learn the rules better and make the job easier for the mods. They shouldn't have to go into every thread and clean up shit posts.

natejj
04-03-2006, 12:05 AM
Things are fine the way they are!

I wouldnt mind seeing a few bans here and there though for excessive trolling.

Team_Mclaren
04-03-2006, 12:06 AM
Originally posted by wildrice
I honestly do not see any problem w/ the way things are right now. People just need to learn the rules better and make the job easier for the mods. They shouldn't have to go into every thread and clean up shit posts.

exactly, and to be honest, things have improved since the 30day thing was put into use. There are alot of good seller/buyer on here that has no problem with the system. we're not going to change becuase of the few dumbasses. Replies in the thread allow the potential buyer to ask questions that might interest other buyers too. As long as everyone follow the rules, its fine.

having said that, we might start another crack down in the marketplace and whoever violates the rules more than once could be an instant ban;)

88CRXGUY
04-03-2006, 04:49 PM
What about doing like 3 strikes rule...3 warnings, the 4th your banned...

Team_Mclaren
04-03-2006, 04:54 PM
Originally posted by 88CRXGUY
What about doing like 3 strikes rule...3 warnings, the 4th your banned...

sometimes you are lucky to even get one warning. Dont count on the "i only have **insert random number here** warnings", cause we can ban without any warning.

rage2
04-03-2006, 05:10 PM
We ban ALL the time for marketplace infractions, I'd say 80% of our bans are marketplace related. If you wanna help out as a moderator, I've posted the prices in another thread :rofl:.

And don't bother PM'ing mods or admins, CLICK THE REPORT THIS POST TO A MODERATOR button. This will ensure your problem is directed to the right person. If you PM me, I'll ignore you, then make fun of you.

yellowsnow
04-04-2006, 12:08 PM
just click the link 'report this post to a moderator', they should delete their post...

Aleks
04-04-2006, 12:19 PM
Make it so everyone has to pay 10 bux to advertise OR

Lock it up so that no one can post anything after the original poster has posted. If you like the car pick up the damn phone and go see it.

benyl
04-04-2006, 12:57 PM
nah, I like the insta ban idea better.

FiveFreshFish
04-04-2006, 06:50 PM
The User Rating isn't used nearly enough.

Should hack 5% off each time an idiotic comment is posted in someone's FS thread.

benyl
04-04-2006, 06:56 PM
nice, I have a big buffer...

euro_racer
04-04-2006, 07:22 PM
Originally posted by ricosuave
what about (especially in car fs threads) there is one post, the original, and its locked after that. the poster can edit it, but there are no replies.

if anyone wantes further info, they HAVE to contact the seller via pm, or maybe email or phone...

BTW, why is the email function disabled?

thoughts? i think its a great idea.

the problem i see with locking threads is that there will be no "BUMP"s from interested people or people who think it is a good deal for the sellers good and eventually the thread will just get lost and dissapear. Also having a locked thread system affects the safety of the buyers (ex: a shady product/seller and no warnings from experienced buyers)

IMO i think it is good as is right now and if you have problems "report this post to a mod." works really well and i see the mods eventually get to deleting unwanted or unrelated posts and as mentioned alot of idiots do get banned. So to the SELLER instead of bitching and whining (wich never helps) i would suggest you do what is needed and stated above to clean up your thread OR just post some real proof to make the people that are claiming you are wrong at rest. (take pictures of the document you have, or even the stiching on the seats etc..) OR just make a new thread with all the right details and proof and delete the old one like i have seen alot of people do in the past
:closed:

FiveFreshFish
04-04-2006, 07:36 PM
Originally posted by rage2
And don't bother PM'ing mods or admins, CLICK THE REPORT THIS POST TO A MODERATOR button. This will ensure your problem is directed to the right person.

I did that on three separate threads for offending posts by the same user. Then I get a PM from a mod saying "Please refrain from using the report post to moderator over 6 times. You're literally spamming us with the same crap over and over, one time is enough. Also don't abuse it if it's for no reason."

So WTF am I supposed to think? Am I not doing the mods a favour by locating the offending posts? BTW, the posts reported were not my threads, and I certainly didn't do it click the button six times.

googe
04-04-2006, 07:49 PM
The morons posting that the dash looked cheap were out of line. But I dont think its unfair to correct misinformation.

Not sure what the moderators opinion on that is, but from what Ive seen if someone is posting a reasonable correction they seem to leave it.

PM-only threads wouldnt work well because then you just get 20 PMs from people asking the same question.

FiveFreshFish
04-04-2006, 07:57 PM
Originally posted by googe
PM-only threads wouldnt work well because then you just get 20 PMs from people asking the same question.

That will be motivation to get all the correct info in the thread, preferably all in the first post. If 20 PMs ask the same thing, then you know you are missing crucial info.

Rockski
04-04-2006, 08:09 PM
Originally posted by snowboard

yah i feel for you, those guys are cocks...
but its true my mom drives a 2002 BMW?? haha..

AND She can beat your mom up.. ;)

yea well my dad can beat up your mom;)

kane584
04-08-2006, 11:04 PM

you son of a bitch , my mom drives a 99 corrolla
worst burn ever.

KuruptEX
04-08-2006, 11:12 PM
im sorry to say this but...

you are a FAG

sorry had to say this

ricosuave
04-09-2006, 11:46 PM
Originally posted by euro_racer

the problem i see with locking threads is that there will be no "BUMP"s from interested people or people who think it is a good deal for the sellers good and eventually the thread will just get lost and dissapear. Also having a locked thread system affects the safety of the buyers (ex: a shady product/seller and no warnings from experienced buyers)

IMO i think it is good as is right now and if you have problems "report this post to a mod." works really well and i see the mods eventually get to deleting unwanted or unrelated posts and as mentioned alot of idiots do get banned. So to the SELLER instead of bitching and whining (wich never helps) i would suggest you do what is needed and stated above to clean up your thread OR just post some real proof to make the people that are claiming you are wrong at rest. (take pictures of the document you have, or even the stiching on the seats etc..) OR just make a new thread with all the right details and proof and delete the old one like i have seen alot of people do in the past
:closed:

not necessarily;

if each individual thread didnt have a bunch of meaningless bumps and useless posts, the thread wouldnt move down as fast as it does now...

A790
04-10-2006, 12:24 AM
Originally posted by Rockski

yea well my dad can beat up your mom;)

Mom #2 can beat up Mom #3

Gondi Stylez
04-10-2006, 11:17 PM
^^ :rofl: :rofl: