PDA

View Full Version : Bike Insurance

Bruce Chan
04-03-2006, 10:26 AM
Dear everyone:

I am a beginner biker, I have something not sure, hope someone could give me suggestion or answer....

recently I just want to buy an insurance for my bike,

I am wonder it is consider my car driving record to quito the bike insurance ?

Or / / this is different machince, so it doesn't matter with my car driving record?

The booker said my situation:

Full cover is $1717 per year because I have driving record in car ,

before without driving record is $1200 per year

$500 different.....

Even though I got the safety cert. on bike

It is true???

thank you for your help,

Bruce

Cherrypicker
04-03-2006, 10:51 AM
is that english?

SOAB
04-03-2006, 01:16 PM
you only have one license right? why wouldn't they use your driving record to quote insurance for you? if you have lots of speeding tickets in your car, what makes them think that you wouldn't speed on your motorcycle also?

Xtrema
04-03-2006, 01:17 PM
Originally posted by Cherrypicker
is that english?

Engrish.

Bruce Chan
04-03-2006, 02:05 PM
Oh I see....thank you ...

Is it (bike) need safety test and e-test for the licence plant....? as same as car?

Cherrypicker
04-03-2006, 03:00 PM
your in ONtario

it has nothing to do with Alberta

:closed:

Goblin
04-03-2006, 07:29 PM
your in ONtario

good catch

good call

Sharpie
04-03-2006, 07:46 PM
your in ONtario

Originally posted by Goblin

good catch

good call

Both of you are retarded. This may be a Calgary/Alberta based forum, but there are members here from all over the world. So who gives a fuck if he is asking shit about Ontario, there are people on here who live there.
:rolleyes:

yellowsnow
04-05-2006, 08:47 AM
ontario insurance rates/quotes are completely unrelated to alberta insurance...

any ontario insurance experts on this board?

cmodem
04-05-2006, 02:36 PM
it may be different but i guarantee you they use your driving record? why wouldn't they because you are driving the same place as cars.. you put the same ppl in danger.

Your driving record follows you not your car... or should insurance look at record with car so everytime you get a new car you have a clean record... that'd be cool haha.

Anyways you should just ask your insurance company preferably in english that is understandable.

But motorcycle insurance in alberta works like this:

1) first it does use your driving record.
2) a safety course only counts for your first year (for motorcycles). You get a discount only on your first year because a safety course in the eyes of insurance lets them see you as one year of experience. (Car gives you 3 star or 3 years).
3) a motorcycle is considered recreation vehicle and thus doesn't consitute primary vehicle type. (so if you have a car and bike you can't say oh my bike is primary and my car is secondary. Nope doesn't work).
4) a motorcycle policy is all year round. Insurance doesn't do this to scam you they do this to provide better coverage for you (or so they say). The policy price is the same if it were for just the rideable summer years, so they do you a favor and say for that same price we'll give you insurance over one whole year, no need for storage insurance etc. etc.

Again, these are facts from Alberta insurance and through maybe not all insurance companies but at least the 7 or 8 ones that my broker deals with that would be Canada Broker Link.

Oh yah but my main beef is they don't protect you from insurance gaps so if you stop having a car and only have a motorcycle for 5 years they don't consider those 5 years eligible years if you get a car back. So you would have a insurance gap... that is gay.

Bruce Chan
04-07-2006, 04:42 PM
Oic, thank you for your help