PDA

View Full Version : Anyone on Beyond buy this?

ProjectR
04-03-2006, 12:46 PM
Hey just wanted to know if it was a Beyonder who picked up the 1990 RX7 Ifini Ver. 3 from Import Concern

http://www.importconcern.ca/stock/100219/

:thumbsup: nice ride!

talonboi
04-03-2006, 02:44 PM
braden883314 bought the vehicle:bigpimp:

dub_c
04-03-2006, 02:48 PM
too bad its not an Infini.

b_t
04-03-2006, 02:49 PM
the only part about that entire car I like is the rollcage.

blueripper6
04-03-2006, 02:51 PM
I like that colour. Dark purple. I want to paint my car like that, or either dark orange.

A790
04-03-2006, 04:49 PM
Originally posted by dub_c
too bad its not an Infini.

"1990 Mazda RX-7 Infini Ver.III"

... ?

Toms-SC
04-03-2006, 05:25 PM
Geese does that look beat

A790
04-03-2006, 05:28 PM
Looks fast.

*jealousy*

kevie88
04-03-2006, 05:33 PM
looks pretty beat-up indeed. Not hating on anyone, to each there own.

Chris Ng
04-03-2006, 06:05 PM
there's nothing about that car that makes it an infini...

there's so many T2's for sale locally that are in better condition that i have no clue why anyone would want to spend the money importing one in sight un-seen and then end up driving on the wrong side..

importing a vehicle that you couldn't get here is one thing.. but to import something that you can, just to be on the wrong side is kinda a fad..

mx73someday
04-04-2006, 02:34 AM
People buy cars for their own reasons. Braden wanted a car that he could use for drift and not feel bad for wrecking a mint car (if that happens over the drift season). BTW, what is beat about the car?

It would've been so much more expensive to build this car if it were a domestic LHD RX-7. If you could even find a local RX-7 this modified it would've been twice as expensive. How much do you think this car costs and how much are local T2's in good condition?

While the car is still in Japan, he took advantage of inexpensive aftermarket parts like used wheels and bucket seats (not pictured), you couldn't do that in Canada.

It was listed as an Infini Ver.III at auction, so sorry if it was wrong.

braden883314
04-04-2006, 07:52 PM
Originally posted by ProjectR
Hey just wanted to know if it was a Beyonder who picked up the 1990 RX7 Ifini Ver. 3 from Import Concern

http://www.importconcern.ca/stock/100219/

:thumbsup: nice ride!

Thank you.

Originally posted by talonboi
braden883314 bought the vehicle:bigpimp:

Sure did

Originally posted by b_t
the only part about that entire car I like is the rollcage.

One of the reasons I bought it

Originally posted by Toms-SC
Geese does that look beat

How so? The engine bay looks a bit trashy, but you don't get pics of under the hood at auction, and other than the rust on the fender, I don't really know how it looks that beat?

Originally posted by Chris Ng
there's nothing about that car that makes it an infini...

there's so many T2's for sale locally that are in better condition that i have no clue why anyone would want to spend the money importing one in sight un-seen and then end up driving on the wrong side..

importing a vehicle that you couldn't get here is one thing.. but to import something that you can, just to be on the wrong side is kinda a fad..

It didn't really matter to me if it was a Infini or not. I wasn't very successful finding out what makes a RX-7 a infini, would anyone mind enlightening me? How do you have any Idea what I paid? I was questioning the car myself, but anyone who has been through the auction process before knows that you only have so much time, I bid super low and won. I truelly don't care about being on the right side. The guys at Import Concern are good freinds of mine, and I like to support them. I bought the car based on the parts it had, I looked for local cars to, there was no way I could get everything I wanted into a car from here. It was bought to be a drift car.

Originally posted by mx73someday
People buy cars for their own reasons. Braden wanted a car that he could use for drift and not feel bad for wrecking a mint car (if that happens over the drift season). BTW, what is beat about the car?

It would've been so much more expensive to build this car if it were a domestic LHD RX-7. If you could even find a local RX-7 this modified it would've been twice as expensive. How much do you think this car costs and how much are local T2's in good condition?

While the car is still in Japan, he took advantage of inexpensive aftermarket parts like used wheels and bucket seats (not pictured), you couldn't do that in Canada.

It was listed as an Infini Ver.III at auction, so sorry if it was wrong.

:werd:

euro_racer
04-04-2006, 08:34 PM
i like it...maybe it looks beat up because the interior is half stripped for racing purpose (im guessing). other than that it looks fairly clean and like a good deal if he got it for a good low price :bigpimp:

braden883314
04-04-2006, 08:39 PM
Originally posted by euro_racer
i like it...maybe it looks beat up because the interior is half stripped for racing purpose (im guessing). other than that it looks fairly clean and like a good deal if he got it for a good low price :bigpimp:

Yeah its the looks I was going for. The seats are gone by now, I bought 2 Bride buckets seats to replace them.

LilDrunkenSmurf
04-04-2006, 09:10 PM
Wellp... I'm jealous

Chris Ng
04-04-2006, 10:06 PM
Just took a closer look at the pictures tonight..
The car COULD be an infini.. but there are some discrepencies..

The infini iii was available in white or black, the iv was a dark green, which looks similar to the original colour of your car before getting the purple..

The infini originally came with black suede bucket seats.. this car has stock leather seats.. however, the infini seats can fetch quite a high price, so I wouldn't be surprised if they were swapped out..

The door panels were covered with the same type of suede material as the seats.. hard to tell by the pics, but it appears that the door panels are indeed correct..

the infini's had side kneepads which the car in the pics have

however, the pics also show that the car had rear seat installed.. while all the japanese fc's had rear seats, the infini's did not come with rear seats.. only storage buckets..

other things that made the inifi stand out from the other turbo models were -

Factory front strut bar, special 16" inifi mesh rims, suspension changes, exhaust changes, changes in carpet, sound deadner to keep weight down...

So in the end, it's kind of a tough call to say for sure if it was a real infini or not.. But it doesn't really matter since if this really was an infini, then most of everything that made it an infini had already been removed or modified ....

It sounds like you feel you got the car for quite a good price, and in the end, that's all that really matters.. have fun with it..

forgot to mention, the infini's also came with a 4.3 diff, rather than 4.1 :)

b_t
04-04-2006, 10:10 PM
the RX-7 is also much harder to drift then a 240SX, and unless you want to seriously tweak the suspension geometry itself, you won't be able to get as much angle even with crazy technique.

braden883314
04-04-2006, 10:25 PM

The infini iii was available in white or black, the iv was a dark green, which looks similar to the original colour of your car before getting the purple..

The infini originally came with black suede bucket seats.. this car has stock leather seats.. however, the infini seats can fetch quite a high price, so I wouldn't be surprised if they were swapped out..

The door panels were covered with the same type of suede material as the seats.. hard to tell by the pics, but it appears that the door panels are indeed correct..

however, the pics also show that the car had rear seat installed.. while all the japanese fc's had rear seats, the infini's did not come with rear seats.. only storage buckets..

Factory front strut bar, special 16" inifi mesh rims, suspension changes, exhaust changes, changes in carpet, sound deadner to keep weight down...

So in the end, it's kind of a tough call to say for sure if it was a real infini or not.. But it doesn't really matter since if this really was an infini, then most of everything that made it an infini had already been removed or modified ....

It sounds like you feel you got the car for quite a good price, and in the end, that's all that really matters.. have fun with it..

Thank you, good to know, I'm not overly worried about if it is or not.

Originally posted by b_t
the RX-7 is also much harder to drift then a 240SX, and unless you want to seriously tweak the suspension geometry itself, you won't be able to get as much angle even with crazy technique.

I will work on the suspension when it gets here, was never really a fan of FC then I gotta drive one and enjoyed it.

RB25DET
04-04-2006, 11:05 PM
Wicked car braden. Cant wait to see you out there at the drift events this year (you have the mackdaddy FC drifter). :thumbsup:

braden883314
04-04-2006, 11:20 PM
Originally posted by RB25DET
Wicked car braden. Cant wait to see you out there at the drift events this year (you have the mackdaddy FC drifter). :thumbsup:

Thanks Chris! I'm looking forward to the season, It's looking good already.

ninjak84
04-05-2006, 11:28 AM
Originally posted by b_t

haha! :rofl: I'm glad we could get a professional opinion

Nice car Braden! But you're a Nissan sellout..... Paying to fuel a rotary motor is punishment enough :D

mx73someday
04-05-2006, 12:55 PM
Originally posted by ninjak84

Nice car Braden! But you're a Nissan sellout..... Paying to fuel a rotary motor is punishment enough :D

I've heard him say more than once that if the rotary blows up that he'd swap a Nissan engine in.

b_t
04-05-2006, 01:02 PM
Originally posted by ninjak84

http://fc3spro.com/TECH/DRIFT/dori.html

This is primarily the main competition for the FC3S. Although the FC3S chassis has an almost perfect 50 / 50 static front-to-rear weight balance, it's low polar moment of inertia makes it a handful to control, especially when drifting; the FC3S tends to spin and oversteer very violently. To control to low polar moment takes good suspension tuning and a very skilled driver. It is a lot easier to start with a Nissan S-chassis if you're a beginner, as the higher polar moment of the Nissan S-chassis makes for a slower response when drifting. The Nissan S-chassis has longer wheelbases, and this makes for a more stable platform; the wheelbase is significantly longer than the FC3S - up to 5 inches.

http://fc3spro.com/TECH/DRIFT/DCOMPARE/dcompare.html

The Nissan S13 / S14 has some obscene steering angle stock from the factory. The FC3S just cannot compete with the steering angle in stock form. Measuring off turntable bearing plates under the front wheels, we measure the steering angle as the wheel is turned "out" to max steering lock. The S13 will have between 40° and 45° of steering angle. The FC3S will only have 35° to 40° of steering angle. The Nissan has at least 5° of extra steering angle to use. Luckily, we can add that 5° of extra steering angle by shimming tie rods off the steering rack on the FC3S with spacers. Maximum spacer thickness is 0.30" (thanx to Ho Mastah!), so 1/4" or 6mm is a safe bet.

The other, more time-consuming method to get more steering angle on an FC3S is to relocate the tie rod to hub connection point. This increases steering angle and steering response, as it changes the steering ratio significantly. We're getting up to 50° and more steering angle with this mod! Here's some pics that explain this mod...

This is where the S13 / S14 outshines the FC3S for drifting. The S13 / S14 rear suspension is a "double wishbone" design. The FC3S uses a multi-link trailing arm design. Adjustable rear links are popular for the S13 / S14. There is no real easy way to adjust the rear suspension on an FC3S with the exception of an aftermarket rear camber adjust bar that has limited adjustability on rear camber. Due to the rear suspension design, the S13 / S14 is very stable while the rear is sliding. The FC3S is not as lucky in terms of drifting, but the FC3S is superior in terms of regular grip driving. Once the rear end starts to slide on an FC3S, an oversteer spin is quickly induced.

so you can Shut the Fuck Up..

2000_SI
04-05-2006, 01:07 PM
http://www.damnfunnypictures.com/images/Owned_2.jpg

ProjectR
04-05-2006, 01:56 PM
well...this thread turned into love/hate bucket...:rofl: just wanted to know who bought the 7...much love for ya rotary brother hahaha (i'm so lame). why can't we all just get along :cry:

braden883314
04-06-2006, 12:36 AM
Originally posted by ProjectR
well...this thread turned into love/hate bucket...:rofl: just wanted to know who bought the 7...much love for ya rotary brother hahaha (i'm so lame). why can't we all just get along :cry:

Team_Mclaren
04-06-2006, 12:54 AM
its like honda tech, let's believe everything that the internet has to say, cause it must be true.

have you ever "drifted" an FC before? may be a 240.. or even your "boosted"ed talon??

ninjak84
04-06-2006, 01:38 AM
oh wow :rofl:
everyone's such a tough guy on the forums
i guess your keyboard makes you a pro b_t ! :rolleyes:

Sorath
04-06-2006, 01:47 AM
whats the difference between this and a s5 turboII?

RX-7_TWINTURBO
04-06-2006, 02:12 AM
Originally posted by Sorath
whats the difference between this and a s5 turboII?

Sorath
04-06-2006, 02:27 AM
so only the diff really matters hmmm

b_t
04-06-2006, 10:35 AM
Originally posted by Team_Mclaren
its like honda tech, let's believe everything that the internet has to say, cause it must be true.

have you ever "drifted" an FC before? may be a 240.. or even your "boosted"ed talon??

oh boy. :rolleyes: let's ignore everything the internet has to say, because it must be false!

Go find yourself an RX-7 and check everything he says. Its true. And obviously you have never drifted anything before, including your little MX-3 (those jokes just write themselves), because you can't recognize the importance of anything he says.

Team_Mclaren
04-06-2006, 10:46 AM
Originally posted by b_t

oh boy. :rolleyes: let's ignore everything the internet has to say, because it must be false!

Go find yourself an RX-7 and check everything he says. Its true. And obviously you have never drifted anything before, including your little MX-3 (those jokes just write themselves), because you can't recognize the importance of anything he says.

no i have never drifted anything before, and im not going to make some BS up. Why the fuck would I wanna "drift" my mx3?? lol, I thought you learned from the last banning about posting BS you read on hondatech and give out false information, guess not.

Honestly i dont understand shits that he's talking about cause its pretty technical, im no pro. everyone can post some fucking shit up they found from other sites and claim that they know everyting.

I'm not saying what you found is false, but it pisses me off that you are trying to tell the guy what he should do,yet you know fuckall about it. If you have had experience drifting then i'll shutup (your talon doesnt count, cause everyone can pull the handbrake).

btw: i also have 2 FCs... and a 300ZX TT ...

b_t
04-06-2006, 10:58 AM

no i have never drifted anything before, and im not going to make some BS up. Why the fuck would I wanna "drift" my mx3?? lol, I thought you learned from the last banning about posting BS you read on hondatech and give out false information, guess not.

Honestly i dont understand shits that he's talking about cause its pretty technical, im no pro. everyone can post some fucking shit up they found from other sites and claim that they know everyting.

I'm not saying what you found is false, but it pisses me off that you are trying to tell the guy what he should do,yet you know fuckall about it. If you have had experience drifting then i'll shutup (your talon doesnt count, cause everyone can pull the handbrake).

btw: i also have 2 FCs... and a 300ZX TT ...

Why the fuck would you want to drift your mx-3? why the fuck would I want to drift my talon? why would you point that out at all?

then let's look at the epitomy of the drifting hobby and count how many 240s are in it, and then compare that to the number of RX-7s in it. I'd consider those drifters to be more practical then this guy is, and the consensus seems to be that the 240 is a better drift car.

I could school you on the meaning of polar moment and then you will realize where I was coming from when I said "the rx-7 is hard to drift" and then the steering angle part should be fairly obvious, you have to countersteer to drift, you get more props for an insanely steep angle, and the angle is limited as much by steering as your technique.

Team_Mclaren
04-06-2006, 11:08 AM
so obviously you have never drifted anything before. Thats what im trying to get at. Like i said, if you have first hand experience then i'll shut up. EVERYONE can post random links and claim they know everything. It really doesnt take much to copy and paste. Who are you to say which one is more superior? Taking the words out of some guy and post it like its yours doesnt make you any better.

HTN SWCHS
04-06-2006, 11:14 AM
whoa theyre going crazy!!! BAN HIM

b_t
04-06-2006, 11:21 AM
so obviously you have never drifted anything before. Thats what im trying to get at. Like i said, if you have first hand experience then i'll shut up. EVERYONE can post random links and claim they know everything. It really doesnt take much to copy and paste. Who are you to say which one is more superior? Taking the words out of some guy and post it like its yours doesnt make you any better.

first hand experience should be the second thing you learn about anything... the first is the lessons of people who have gone before you.

I've driven an RX-7 before and while I didn't drift it there was a definite habit of the back end swinging out violently.. if you drove it properly it was enlightening, if you weren't smooth on the controls it would kick you in the ass. That's the extent of my first hand experience.

Lo)2enz0
04-06-2006, 11:29 AM
whoa whoa hold your horses.....

talking about steering and fc's unable to drift. ok i have seen alot of fc's drifting and its not that hard. but if you want to know, to increase ones steering ability all you need to upgrade is your tierods and ends. wow a total of $200 and you can get more aggressive angles for drifting.

pick up a decent lsd, coilovers, and your set. open diff drifting isn't that hard either, you just can't hold your drifts that long.

gen2teggy
04-06-2006, 11:30 AM
nice car!!!!
:bigpimp:

ProjectR
04-06-2006, 12:53 PM
:drama:

braden883314
04-06-2006, 05:07 PM
lol Wow!

First of all, b_t, I appreciate the information you posted, I think i will mod it to get more streering angle if it isn't already done. Next I have owned and drifted a S13, did you see my sig? I also have driven a FC before and I did not have traction problems, I really enjoyed the feel of it, I didn't find that it wanted to overstreer any more than my S13. They felt very much the same. Anouther reason to pick FC over S13:

http://anglefactory.ca/driverprofiles.html

There is 4 S13's already, not to mention that there are many more that I know of, I wanted something that wasn't as big of a fad, something different.

Anyways....

Thanks everyone

Lo)2enz0
04-07-2006, 12:31 AM
big fad...grrr

well there will be a crap load of s13's at angle factory at the end of the month. to bad my girlfriend has booked me for that date, oh well i will be there in may. hopefully.

mr.loco
04-07-2006, 01:19 AM
NICE CAR

90s_tuner
04-07-2006, 11:41 AM
Originally posted by HTN SWCHS
whoa theyre going crazy!!! BAN HIM

:rolleyes:

Hes a moderator not GOD. He isn't always right. b_t has his points.

If he banned him for a stupid little arguement like that he would have banned me for raggin on that fag in a 240 thread I made which completely made sense.

braden883314
04-08-2006, 12:32 AM
Originally posted by Lo)2enz0
big fad...grrr

well there will be a crap load of s13's at angle factory at the end of the month. to bad my girlfriend has booked me for that date, oh well i will be there in may. hopefully.

Don't worry, you wont have a running S13 to add to the fad :poosie:

Originally posted by mr.loco
NICE CAR

Thank You

dub_c
04-08-2006, 07:48 AM
Sorry, but Infini's never came with:

no sunroof
no A/C
no power anything,
no radio no speakers
no power steering
no ABS no power windows
no rear windshield wiper or squirter s
tiffer springs a front strut bar eliminated rear steer special lightweight seats special 16" BBS mesh rims with the Infini "Lazy Eight" centercaps
All Infini's came with an aluminum under cover that located behind the Fr. crossmember to cover transmission area

and no fog lights.

Too much testorone in this forum, or nobody's getting laid. Nice car non the less though, Hopefully I can take a look at it this summer :love:

Chris Ng
04-08-2006, 10:47 AM

no sunroof
no A/C
no power anything,
no radio no speakers
no power steering
no ABS no power windows
tiffer springs a front strut bar eliminated rear steer special lightweight seats special 16" BBS mesh rims with the Infini "Lazy Eight" centercaps
All Infini's came with an aluminum under cover that located behind the Fr. crossmember to cover transmission area

and no fog lights.

Too much testorone in this forum, or nobody's getting laid. Nice car non the less though, Hopefully I can take a look at it this summer :love:

Infini's did come equiped with power windows and power steering.. there were a few Inini's that were equiped with A/C, but as a dealer option.. DTSS (rear steer) was not removed.. The aluminum shield you speak about was not an infini only option... in fact, my 10ae came equiped with one..

but whatever, not worth argueing about..

rx7_turbo2
04-08-2006, 10:53 AM
Hahaha uh owned?:D

A790
04-08-2006, 11:06 AM
Personally I think it's funny how BumpinTalon (sorry, B_T) has to chime in when he has no actual experience, and this isn't the only thread he's done it in.

Props to Braden for the wicked ride, I for one would love to see it when it gets here at one of the meets. His S13 was one of my favorites around town. I know his FC will be just as sexy :D

b_t
04-08-2006, 11:13 AM
Originally posted by A790
Personally I think it's funny how BumpinTalon (sorry, B_T) has to chime in when he has no actual experience, and this isn't the only thread he's done it in.

Props to Braden for the wicked ride, I for one would love to see it when it gets here at one of the meets. His S13 was one of my favorites around town. I know his FC will be just as sexy :D

You like Kia Rios. Did you know that down in the States, if you buy another Kia they give you a Rio FREE? 4/5 in segment? uhhh, sure.

A790
04-08-2006, 01:36 PM
Originally posted by b_t

You like Kia Rios. Did you know that down in the States, if you buy another Kia they give you a Rio FREE? 4/5 in segment? uhhh, sure.

I like the Rio? Based on how it performed in the Segment, absolutely. Car and Driver seems to agree with me.

Keep your fucking mouth shut asshole. What do you contribute here that's productive and doesn't lead to an argument?

b_t
04-08-2006, 01:42 PM

I like the Rio? Based on how it performed in the Segment, absolutely. Car and Driver seems to agree with me.

Keep your fucking mouth shut asshole. What do you contribute here that's productive and doesn't lead to an argument?

Well I don't know... I could say whatever you don't reply to, and that would be mostly true.

A790
04-08-2006, 01:48 PM
Originally posted by b_t

Well I don't know... I could say whatever you don't reply to, and that would be mostly true.

Uh huh. I can tell you have lots of friends here.

b_t
04-08-2006, 01:49 PM

none of my friends drive Hondas, 240s, or JDM cars if thats what you mean

A790
04-08-2006, 01:51 PM
Originally posted by b_t

none of my friends drive Hondas, 240s, or JDM cars if thats what you mean

In this thread alone half a dozen people were raggin on you to can it, including a mod.

Why are you still posting here?

b_t
04-08-2006, 01:53 PM

In this thread alone half a dozen people were raggin on you to can it, including a mod.

Why are you still posting here?

nobody actually proved me wrong

dub_c
04-08-2006, 08:09 PM

Infini's did come equiped with power windows and power steering.. there were a few Inini's that were equiped with A/C, but as a dealer option.. DTSS (rear steer) was not removed.. The aluminum shield you speak about was not an infini only option... in fact, my 10ae came equiped with one..

My mistake, but I've read on a few site's about them, and my friend happens to be a walking RX7 historian and he also told me some stuff, so I was just going by what he said.

BerserkerCatSplat
04-08-2006, 08:27 PM

Yes, because how many friends you have on an Internet forum automatically decides whether you're right or wrong.

This debate/argument is starting to suck very badly.

finboy
04-08-2006, 09:19 PM
Originally posted by 90s_tuner

Hes a moderator not GOD. He isn't always right. b_t has his points.

braden883314
04-08-2006, 09:34 PM

no sunroof
no A/C
no power anything,
no radio no speakers
no power steering
no ABS no power windows

and no fog lights.

Thanx for the info, the car should be out lots.

Cool thanx. And :werd: I'm not over concerned about it, the info is great however

Thanks Cam! We saw your old car today. I got a bunch of parts waiting to be installed ;) And the FC already has some goodies.

Primer_Drift
04-08-2006, 09:51 PM
:rofl:

Funny thread, best of luck with your FC!

swiftcrx
04-09-2006, 03:52 AM
i dont know what all the fighting is about the car looks pretty nice to me
i dont know much about drifting but it does seem like there are more 240s or silvias out there drifting rather than rx7s but judging by the wicked lookin s13 in his sig hes done that already
best of luck with your car

braden883314
04-09-2006, 12:03 PM
Originally posted by Primer_Drift
:rofl:

Funny thread, best of luck with your FC!

Thanks

Originally posted by swiftcrx
i dont know what all the fighting is about the car looks pretty nice to me
i dont know much about drifting but it does seem like there are more 240s or silvias out there drifting rather than rx7s but judging by the wicked lookin s13 in his sig hes done that already
best of luck with your car

I was looking for something different. Thank you

TypeS
04-09-2006, 12:58 PM
holy crap braden you sure know how to attract a shit show!
when's your car ready to leave japan btw?

CryoCarnage
04-09-2006, 02:04 PM
ugly ass mirrors imo, but a nice overall package. and a good price id hope as well! More power to the old school :D

A790
04-09-2006, 06:28 PM
Was he at Autodream? Haha, he lives outta town from what I know. He's a good guy too... already gone through two sets of tires ;)

Just wait. I've got some things in motion that should land me a nice JDM car by the end of the summer hopefully.