PDA

View Full Version : summer positions

metalman
04-03-2006, 05:55 PM
I, like many others on the forum, am looking for a summer job when this semester ends. I basically want to make as much money as possible over the four months until the next school year begins. While I do have a few opportunities avaialable, I would really rather get in in much more than 40 hrs, and I want to make at least $15 an hour. To the fellow students out there, what jobs have you worked in the summers to pad the bank account for the subsequent yr...because I need some ideas.

Another thing, I'm willing to do hard physical labour so I was considering working rigs, but are there really opportunities for someone with no experence, from may until the end of august? Anyone who has done this Id be interested in hearing what company they work for, what courses they had to take and where they took them, as well as any other tips. Also I'm aware that the rigs thread already discusses this, but there was no real answer as to whether or not students can do it.

Anyways, ideas are welcome, and hopefully this can help other thread can help other students as well

Weapon_R
04-03-2006, 05:56 PM
Of course there are opportunities on the rigs. They can't dictate when you can leave, so work there til the beginning of september and leave. The work there sucks, however, and they take anyone they can so you'll be working with the worst of the worst.