PDA

View Full Version : Headlights - Xenon-HID-BLUE (IDEAS)

Dren
04-04-2006, 12:47 AM
Anyone know the best type of Headlights to get..for a car, that looks like HID. there is silverstar on the market? anyone recommend them. or any other brands..and the place to get them

thanks !

DC2
04-04-2006, 12:50 AM
i recommend you do a search:thumbsup:

dkny_stylez
04-04-2006, 12:51 AM
apparently a lot of people have problems with the silverstars.

I myself can vouch for them, I've had them for over a year, and have not had a problem, they are the best alternative to hids IMO...

Your best bet is an aftermarket retrofit hid system if your not on a budget.

GTS Jeff
04-04-2006, 12:54 AM
Here's an idea...get Sylvania XtraVisions...

These are clear glass, uncoated bulbs that are basically the brightest stock wattage bulbs you will find locally. No, they're not blue, no, they don't look like HID, and no, the light isn't white in any way, but they are brighter than anything else, including Silverstars, MTEC whatever, PIAA XtremeWhite, and all that other crap. These bulbs will actually help you see clearer and further in all weather conditions, unlike the blue coated junk. Another bonus is that they have a decent lifespan too.

They are also dirt cheap...$10/bulb at StuporStore...

Dren
04-04-2006, 01:07 AM
Originally posted by dkny_stylez
apparently a lot of people have problems with the silverstars.

I myself can vouch for them, I've had them for over a year, and have not had a problem, they are the best alternative to hids IMO...

Your best bet is an aftermarket retrofit hid system if your not on a budget.

oh awesome...wt would you say is the average price of aftermarket hids

Zephyr
04-04-2006, 01:48 AM
raybrig has good immitation HID bulbs. do a google search on raybrig.

iblizzard
04-04-2006, 01:51 AM
www.customlightz.com (http://www.customlightz.com)

$250 USD + shipping for full hid projector retrofit...

the only bulbs i really liked before i switch to hid (unfortunately not a retrofit), were the piaa ultrawhites... i didn't like the colour at all of the silverstars.

the next step down would be wagner truviews which i really liked as well.