PDA

View Full Version : POLL: Business Help Lines

A790
04-04-2006, 02:01 AM
Would you be more inclined to buy a product from a business that guaranteed you'd reach a real live person when you called as opposed to a complicated phone system?

IE- would you buy a car at a dealer that had personal support/answering over a dealership that had the phone voicemail system crap?

Zephyr
04-04-2006, 02:10 AM
This really depends on the situation and product..

For example Dell computers has a terrible complicated phone system, but because of that, all their sales reps got confused by me (due to constant transferring calls to different departments) when they lost my system in the mail, they ended up sending two systems by accident, so I got a buy one get one free system.

But I noticed when buying stuff from major corporations theres only 1 choice and you get to a live person immediately, same with when you want to cancel a service... it's technical assistance that takes forever...

i once had a conversation in chinese with some lady in shanghai that was my technical assistance rep for verizon..that was kinda cool lol

Weapon_R
04-04-2006, 02:26 AM
It doesn't really matter to me, as long as the price is good. I don't care if the guy at the counter smiles or makes worthless small talk.

A790
04-04-2006, 11:10 AM
So service doesn't matter? You'd rather just get a low price and be on your own later?