PDA

View Full Version : Flights

Locke
04-04-2006, 11:00 AM
I am doing a lot of travelling in the coming year and inevitably spending some dollars on flights. I've heard that purchasing flights at certain times, on certain days from certain sites makes a huge difference in price.

Does anyone know the secret to finding cheaper flights?

Zero102
04-04-2006, 11:05 AM
Buy 3+ weeks in advance. That's the only thing I know saves you money for sure.

civicrider
04-04-2006, 11:15 AM
depends on the airline, virgin air has happy hour at 12:00 daily and they have great deals, every differnt airline has times for discounts

dance4life
04-04-2006, 11:17 AM
i think it cost more to fly on fridays and sundays.

snade831
04-04-2006, 11:24 AM
keep an eye out, most airlines have seat sales (west jet), you just have to watch for them.

kaput
04-04-2006, 12:02 PM

vincent-h
04-05-2006, 04:03 PM
send me a ring with ur destination or just post more info on ideas of dates and destinations you are looking to travel and we'll and i'll see what we can do to assist ya!

Kobe
04-05-2006, 04:39 PM
Last Minute?

Locke
04-06-2006, 09:54 AM
Originally posted by vincent-h
send me a ring with ur destination or just post more info on ideas of dates and destinations you are looking to travel and we'll and i'll see what we can do to assist ya!

I'm flying to England in July, but i have to be there by the 8th. In August (21st ish?) I'm making my way to Comox, BC. And the following summer I'm looking to go Greece. Thanks for your help.

Demosthenes
04-06-2006, 01:37 PM
I too am in a similar predicament regarding many flights. I have for a few years now done extensive travelling and found that the best time to buy tickets is right before the plane takes off at the terminal. Not only have I found this method completely fool proof, but it also serves to add further excitement to the trip. My personal favorate airline to fly is Virgin, and I have found them to be most accomodating to my requests.

Locke
04-06-2006, 03:02 PM
You're a little more spontaneous then I hope to be

bluerush
04-06-2006, 06:26 PM
I get my flight tickets online from orbitz.com.

they're usually 20-40% cheaper than westjet or air canada's tango.

tickets arrive by UPS usually 2 days after I order them.

pints
04-08-2006, 12:25 AM
Originally posted by Locke

I'm flying to England in July, but i have to be there by the 8th. In August (21st ish?) I'm making my way to Comox, BC. And the following summer I'm looking to go Greece. Thanks for your help.
I got tickets to London (LGW arriving on 6th July) on Zoom for about $800 dollars. I checked around on the internet sites listed above but also checked on STA travel and travelcuts as well.
If you're looking to go to Greece try getting a cheap flight into London(or some other European hub) then getting a flight through Ryanair/Easyjet/BA to Greece. Those flights you can check through their websites, I know Ryanair often does seat sales were you can get 'free' flights(just pay taxes), but the prices usually aren;t too bad on those carriers.