PDA

View Full Version : Best tire warrenty throught north america?

szw
04-04-2006, 12:58 PM
Gotta get new tires, 17". Probably just going with all-seasons, performance isn't really important for me. Any recommendations?

Also I might be going for a drive through the states soon, so i want a good warrenty with lots of places i can go to fix a flat or blowout or anything without hassle. Any new recommendations based on this requirement? costco?

tjtd00
04-04-2006, 04:27 PM
effective jan 2005 all tire manufactures have cancelled road hazard warranties. some general repair shops do offer raod hazard on their in house tire but michelin, dunlop, firestone, goodyear etc do not. only manufacturer defect and mileage wearout still apply so if your crusin in the states and hit something on the road your gonna be on the hook for a new tire

szw
04-04-2006, 06:09 PM
I guess I'll just buy from the cheapest store then.

Is costco tire store recommended? I don't really know how much cheaper it is, but its fucking costco!

quiksilver
04-05-2006, 11:32 PM
costco will warranty tires through out north america. and yes they still have road hazard warranty so if you get a blow out they will pay you back based on a pro rated system. they will pay back a percentage of the tire based on tread remaining except for allignment issues.