PDA

View Full Version : Resale Value

max_boost
04-04-2006, 01:48 PM
I know these things are subject to body condition, mileage, and mods but how much would you say a stock 91/92 MR2 is worth if it's in excellent stock condition? How much more would you pay for a 93? Is it worth looking into a 94-96 from the USA? Are there any issues with importing them from the USA since the cut off was 93 in Canada?

I've always liked MR2's and they are now more affordable than before. I'm more of a show guy so I'm not too concerned with performance aspects of the car so 92 would suit me fine even if the 93 is more superior.

2.2vtec
04-04-2006, 04:07 PM
91's and 92's are known to have week snycros(sp) So I would double check the transmissions on those to make sure there are no grinds etc. I know 93+ came with double snycros making the tranny a bit stronger...

Super2
04-04-2006, 09:53 PM
Unfortunatley with the introduction of jdm cars over here, they have really killed the market for mr2s. There was a guy from Vancouver interested in buying my car last fall. He opted to import a JDM car instead cuz it was cheaper. Well his car arrived and it was not what he expected. It needed a lot of work. Long story short he ended up spending close to 15000 to get his car up to spec and I'm not sure if even running properly.

I still keep in touch with him once in awhile. Even hang out one night with him when I was down in Van. Now he says he wish he would have bought my car instead. It was have save him a lot of headaches. I guess you get what you pay for.

shay
04-04-2006, 10:00 PM
well it dose depend on what province u are in too. and unfortanchly ab is expencive for cars.
i would say for a stock mint one 91-92 u would need about 11 or 12 grand. a 93 probley 13000.
yes i know u can get jdm ones now but they are never mint and to get one up to spec it will cost some extra bones for sure most of thim around 7 grand if u inport but after paint and littl ethings they all need u spend close to 12 grand any way. i would love a 94 but again its a big hassle geting thim hear and for a nice 94 once its in canada your probley looking 17 grand and thats almost stock. but a mr2 thats not mint but good shape
take james u could get one for around 11 or 12 with minor mods.

but if your really intersted ill mabey sell u mine:thumbsup:

hope i helped a little

shay
04-04-2006, 10:01 PM
sorry for a stock mint one probley close to 13
but eveyone has ther own deffanition of mint.