PDA

View Full Version : New Reality TV ....

GingeRRRBeef
03-23-2003, 01:00 AM
Hmm .... since the war has started, it seems like there has been a new reality TV series to hit the airwaves. Even though you may not be aware but CNN is as real as it gets, I'm sure their ratings are up the roof since this BS started.

nismodrifter
03-23-2003, 01:09 AM
Very true, I am watching CBC though right now and they had a camera live right in a fight between some Iraqi's in a building and the Coalition people, its amazing how they can report live right from there

kenny
03-23-2003, 01:25 AM
Yeah, these so called embedded reporters is pretty interesting to say the least. It seems kind of strange that the military would allow for these reporters to tag along. I suspect the reason is so that these images get broadcast everywhere and hopefully the iraqi forces can see the crazy amount of equipment moving in, and will just give up.

ninjak84
03-23-2003, 01:29 AM
Last time I checked, the amount of reporters killed in the war was equal to the amount of USA marines.
I'm not sure though....

nismodrifter
03-23-2003, 01:29 AM
yeah it is kind of strange that they just let the reporters come with them. The reporter is always saying "if I can get a moment here I will get the attention of a soldier so I can get information about what is going on"

I would think that the soldiers would get annoyed by the reporters constant talking

szw
03-23-2003, 01:30 AM
wartime reporters, the number 1 most dangerous job in the world accoring to one of those TLC or Discovery Channel shows on most dangerous jobs.

However I would think the soldiers actually fighting the war would have it a little worse...

method
03-23-2003, 01:56 AM
It's turned into a tv show.

"Dont tell me how it ends, I taped it"

kenny
03-23-2003, 02:39 AM
Getting interesting right now... live coverage showing a target of possible air strike woo... haha totally distracting watching CNN when im trying to write a term paper haha. At least shows like survivor end after an hour :rofl:

XylathaneGTR
03-23-2003, 11:20 AM
One Australian reporter Died, and 3 British Reporters are "Missing"...
At work, teh TV's we have there are all on CNN, so as im walking by...just kinda, watch it.
Interesting stuff...

Ben
03-23-2003, 11:46 AM
yeah, its pretty wild when you can see distruction live on TV, in sterio sound color picture...I remember the Gulf War and it was nothing but the Phosphorus screen...now for the most part its all in color for maximum clarity

fast95pony
03-23-2003, 11:57 AM
Pretty soon they will be fitting "Journalist" seats in B-1's , B-2's and F-117's bombers !!!

Sadly , even NASCRAP seems interesting...

....AGGGGHHH !!

Did I really say that ??

:confused:

___2PaC___
03-23-2003, 01:30 PM
Originally posted by XylathaneGTR
One Australian reporter Died, and 3 British Reporters are "Missing"...
At work, teh TV's we have there are all on CNN, so as im walking by...just kinda, watch it.
Interesting stuff...

Yea, how bout that guy in Afghanistan who was murdered? It is dangerous but they channels do it for rating, thats all they care about mostly.

GingeRRRBeef
03-23-2003, 02:15 PM
you guys should check out www.reuters.com, they update their site a couple times a day concerning the war. They just recently had pic of blown up and charred iraqis on there. I was like Ewww WTF are they showing that for?!?!?!

And apparently they've capture some american soldiers.

theken
03-23-2003, 02:47 PM
u know what is so fuckin funny?? the fact that so far all of the americans that have been killed in this "war" were killed by americans, crashing helicopters, the grenade from their commander in the tent. :rofl: fuckin american soldiers are stupid

GingeRRRBeef
03-23-2003, 02:49 PM
I know! The first day when they started attacking, they crashed 3 helicopters, I was like WTF! Great way to start a war when you are fucking up already.

theken
03-23-2003, 02:52 PM
they should save themselves the time, and bomb their own base so the iraqi's don't have to waste bombs :rofl:

Weapon_R
03-23-2003, 04:38 PM
Originally posted by Silver_SpecV
I know! The first day when they started attacking, they crashed 3 helicopters, I was like WTF! Great way to start a war when you are fucking up already.

The Iraqis don't even have to fight, the Americans are killing each other, crashing eachothers helicopters into one another, and even shooting down their allies planes...

Weapon_R
03-23-2003, 04:45 PM
Originally posted by Silver_SpecV
you guys should check out www.reuters.com, they update their site a couple times a day concerning the war. They just recently had pic of blown up and charred iraqis on there. I was like Ewww WTF are they showing that for?!?!?!

And apparently they've capture some american soldiers.

The funny thing is that they show Iraqi's blown up and charred on TV (those pics being authorized by the US Army), and then the dirty bastard Donald Rumsfield cries when Iraq showed a picture of the various American soldiers dead, injured, and captured, saying that it is against the Geneva Convention.

Did the bastard forget that they still have all of the Afghani soldiers in Cuba that have been locked up without a fair trial? The fact that we've all seen them on CNN is strange enough - since this is against the Geneva Convention...

___2PaC___
03-23-2003, 04:53 PM
Originally posted by theken
u know what is so fuckin funny?? the fact that so far all of the americans that have been killed in this "war" were killed by americans, crashing helicopters, the grenade from their commander in the tent. :rofl: fuckin american soldiers are stupid

hahah I agree, I think the Iraqi's should pitch a tent smoke up and watch them kill themselves, damn thats sad, those things cost so much and they crash em and kill their own peeple. Did you guys hear about another friendly fire incident happened again, the U.S. blew up a Helicopter and it was full of Bitish troops...first the 4 Canadian troops, now the british...whose next?:thumbsdow

GingeRRRBeef
03-23-2003, 06:08 PM
Originally posted by Weapon_R

The funny thing is that they show Iraqi's blown up and charred on TV (those pics being authorized by the US Army), and then the dirty bastard Donald Rumsfield cries when Iraq showed a picture of the various American soldiers dead, injured, and captured, saying that it is against the Geneva Convention.

Did the bastard forget that they still have all of the Afghani soldiers in Cuba that have been locked up without a fair trial? The fact that we've all seen them on CNN is strange enough - since this is against the Geneva Convention...

It's only the beginning. I'm sure the US is going to have a whole lot to bitch and cry about