PDA

View Full Version : Got mirrors?

FiveFreshFish
04-04-2006, 08:16 PM
Spotted today in rush hour traffic.

A wide angle clip-on mirror is not enough, so this lady added these little square convex mirrors on each side.

Might be useful if you're in a neck brace, but she seemed to be perfectly mobile as far as neck movement. :dunno:

http://www.members.shaw.ca/trust.no.one/Misc/Mirrors1.JPG

http://www.members.shaw.ca/trust.no.one/Misc/Mirrors2.jpg

Rockski
04-04-2006, 08:17 PM
of just a fucking lazy cow:dunno:

Goblin
04-04-2006, 08:26 PM
AHAHAHAAHAHAHA

Perfect example of someone who SHOULDNT be driving.

Its like the people that just rely on mirrors, no checking over your shoulder at all.

snowboard
04-04-2006, 08:32 PM
hahaha thats good, im gunna buy a car that you cant see out of the rear window and buy a bunche of those, see what people sayy.

djayz
04-04-2006, 08:34 PM
might be to see her kids in the back seat?...
i saw a mirror like that in some mag for keeping a check on your kids

LilDrunkenSmurf
04-05-2006, 02:30 PM
Ya thats what I was gonna say... to keep an eye on the kids maybe? but thats still pretty stupid

SilverBoost
04-05-2006, 02:36 PM
whatever keeps her from cutting me off when switching lanes is fine by me.

QuasarCav
04-05-2006, 03:01 PM
I thought you saw the DA with a mirrored hood.

rc2002
04-05-2006, 03:14 PM
*Takes notes*

Going to try it. :) I wonder if it really works. I've recently tried turning my sideviews all the way out until I can't see my car in them anymore. Then I can see my entire blind spot.

FiveFreshFish
04-05-2006, 05:02 PM
Originally posted by richardchan2002
I've recently tried turning my sideviews all the way out until I can't see my car in them anymore. Then I can see my entire blind spot.

I did that 10 years ago and I'll never go back to the conventional way. Feels strange at first but it's easy to get used to it.

Works so well that a full shoulder check is not needed; it's more a "deliberate look" at the sideview mirror (i.e. turn your head to look at the side mirror).

topmade
04-05-2006, 06:12 PM
Use mirrors as a precaution but don't depend on them all the time.

I drove a 5 ton delivery truck that has no rear view mirror, barely used the side mirrors as well, usually only for backing up. Just use some common sense and pay attention to the road and don't depend soo much on mirrors. My rear view mirror in my van and car are pointed straight at the back seat to watch the kids.

I think those blind spot little sticky mirrors and wide rear view mirrors are retarded, unless you have some serious neck problems, then again you shouldn't be driving if you have those kind of injuries or disabilities.

frostyda9
04-10-2006, 05:09 PM
You guys are all missing the point. It's a female...she uses the extra mirror space to put on her make-up while driving to work :poosie: