PDA

View Full Version : Graduating class of 2006 :D

Vagabond142
04-05-2006, 10:12 AM
hey all... just thought I would start this thread for those of us that are getting our (now very in debt) asses out of Universities of Calgary, Lethbridge, Alberta, or Colleges in Red Deer, Calgary or Edmonton :D

Basically, just check out what we're all getting and such and to express the large :clap: :clap: at FINALLY BEING DONE!!!

Anyways, I graduate in 3 weeks with a Bachelor of Arts in Archaeology with an undeclared minor in history (I have the courses, just didn't apply it to my official declaration) from the U of Calgary. :thumbsup:

afrotl
04-05-2006, 10:15 AM
Let me be the first to say congrats ...Education is Key..but I have one question, what kind of jobs will you do with your degree.....just curious.

Kirbs17
04-05-2006, 10:33 AM
Im done in December of 2006. Business Administation - Marketing

t-im
04-05-2006, 01:41 PM
I can technically graduate this June..but since I slacked off the last 3 years of my undergrad..i'm going back for one yr to "upgrade" my marks... :thumbsdow

nismodrifter
04-05-2006, 01:47 PM
University of Saskatchewan

3 year BSc. in Physiology.

I'm most likely going to complete my 4-year degree next year but I do have the option of doing something else (ie: something easy as shit to get my marks up high) if I decide that a 4th year of Physiology is just going to suck . I'll have to decide over the summer.

I will be in school without question next year but I thought that I may as well get my 3-yr since I have the requirements for it completed and having it on my transcript will help speed up some of my future plans for Med.

Woopee :dunno:

pints
04-05-2006, 03:50 PM
Originally posted by afrotl
Let me be the first to say congrats ...Education is Key..but I have one question, what kind of jobs will you do with your degree.....just curious.
According to career services anything from CRM to transit bus driving...
I'll be finishing up my BA in archaeology next fall, but might take one more year to do a major in geography as well.
Congrats!

wildkarrde
04-05-2006, 04:06 PM
New Media Production & Design at SAIT, done in June after 2 years.

R-Audi
04-05-2006, 05:37 PM
One would hope after "Gratuating" from University that you could learn to spell graduating properly...

Congrats either way...

Darkane
04-05-2006, 05:38 PM
Originally posted by afrotl

Thats a question? hello Indiana Jones... :)

Si_FlyGuy
04-05-2006, 06:09 PM
Hilarious typo. Good luck with the job search.:)

viperous
04-05-2006, 09:42 PM
NMPD in 3 weeks.

redx2nv
04-05-2006, 10:46 PM
Originally posted by viperous
NMPD in 3 weeks.

Grad from nait IHET in 3 weeks, already got a job two months ago:thumbsup:

RSeXy
04-06-2006, 04:27 PM
Vagabond: Congrats! Nothing more satisfying that completing something after you've worked hard to get it! Best of luck in all your future endeavours. :thumbsup:

max_boost
04-06-2006, 04:35 PM
Originally posted by t-im
I can technically graduate this June..but since I slacked off the last 3 years of my undergrad..i'm going back for one yr to "upgrade" my marks... :thumbsdow Well you have time and it's not your money. :rofl:

eblend
04-06-2006, 05:23 PM
I am done as well with a Bachelor of Commerce in Management Info Systems at the Haskayne School of Business here at the UofC. My last exam is on the 24th of april. I can't freaking wait! 2 small project components to finish up, 1 presentation, 3 exams and I AM DONE!

Alright, anyone looking for a MIS person I need a full time job now :)

Ohh finished my 4 year program in 4 years and that included switching faculties (from comp sci to haskayne) begining my 3rd year :D

Ohh an to top it off, only owe $1300 bucks, got to love scholarships + working every free minute of your university career haha

403Gemini
04-06-2006, 05:45 PM
Its weird, i took random courses for about 3 years at mt royal and here they are sending me a letter saying i finished general arts and science.

:dunno: way to go me?

HybridTheory
04-06-2006, 06:11 PM
Congratulations to everyone else graduating this year!

I'll be graduating in June from U of C with a Bachelor of Arts in Sociology with a concentration in Structural Inequality. I can't wait after 5 long years of being in University.

little_wan
04-06-2006, 08:57 PM
I'll be done in July from U of L with a Bsc. Kinesiology degree
Happy graduation everyone!
:clap:

seer_claw
04-06-2006, 10:00 PM
Congradulations everyone.

I'll be finished at the end of May, almost done my Civil Enginerering Technology program at SAIT. Although I still have a month of field courses thru May. :banghead: I just want to be done and I'm only $1500 in debt so 1 months good work should fix that situation. :thumbsup:

vadeit
04-06-2006, 10:11 PM
I am done on the 20th of April at 11am (when last exam is over).
Getting a B.Sc. in Chemistry from the best damn university in Calgary........ oh wait it is the only university in Calgary.

canadian_hustla
04-06-2006, 11:39 PM
I am done April 25th with a degree in Economics, minor in business from U of C

Woot, lets see how far this degree can get me!
:burnout:

Vagabond142
04-07-2006, 01:44 AM
Originally posted by R-Audi
One would hope after "Gratuating" from University that you could learn to spell graduating properly...

Congrats either way...

d'oh. And I'm the guy that usually corrects other people's spelling. I hath been pwn'ed

-_- (self smacks) reminder to self: don't try to post after writing several papers continously for 14 hours straight -_-

Anyways, as for jobs in Arky... well, there is a HUGE market up in Fort Mac right now, with good hourly pay, but to get anywhere really in the arky job market, you need a M.A. to be able to be a certified archaeologist (I spelled that correctly, at least). Quite honestly, the job market covers everything from being a lithics analyst (high demand job here in Alberta) to a site crew chief. It's wide open if you know the right people (as the arky community is tightly knit in Alberta) and have a good attitude about it.

But, I'm applying to join the Canadian forces, so I'll hold off on getting a career position until I find out what comes of that.

:thumbsup:

Also, a couple of people have hinted I should try to be an automotive journalist :dunno: I can dig up ancient cars and test em! :bigpimp:

Si_FlyGuy
04-07-2006, 07:57 AM
Going to dig up Fred Flintstone's car?:nut:

afrotl
04-07-2006, 08:31 AM
Originally posted by Vagabond142

Anyways, as for jobs in Arky... well, there is a HUGE market up in Fort Mac right now, with good hourly pay, but to get anywhere really in the arky job market, you need a M.A. to be able to be a certified archaeologist (I spelled that correctly, at least). Quite honestly, the job market covers everything from being a lithics analyst (high demand job here in Alberta) to a site crew chief. It's wide open if you know the right people (as the arky community is tightly knit in Alberta) and have a good attitude about it.

Sound very interesting good luck and once again congrats.....:thumbsup:

Neil4Speed
04-07-2006, 10:14 AM
I am definitely hating this thread, I have another 4 years to go :-(

However, congradulations to you all!

sputnik
04-07-2006, 11:05 AM
My wife is graduating with her BFA from ACAD in Photography.

davidI
04-07-2006, 12:21 PM
I'm graduating from U of C with my BComm and a PLM Concentration. I'm pretty happy to have gotten in and out in 4 years, had a ton of fun and still pulled off reasonable grades.

I'm already working for an Oil & Gas company and somehow managed to stay out of debt! All in all, I'm excited for the next phase of my life!

School was fun, but a change will be nice!

Mckenzie
04-07-2006, 04:56 PM
Graduating from Haskayne School of Business with a BCOMM in accounting.

I have 3 courses in spring to finish but after that I am done.

I will be working for Ernst & Young in September and I have had that job since August of last year....

Gotta love debt though... sitting at around $24,000 right now but lived a very enjoyable over the last 4 years...hopefully good marks may be able to reduce some of that.:angel:

GreyFox
04-07-2006, 07:55 PM
Graduating from SAIT business admin with a major in marketing. Not in debt at all, and glad to be done!!! I might go to U of L in a few years though...but not this fall for sure!!!

Congrats to everyone!

Vagabond142
04-08-2006, 10:01 PM
I'm in slight debt ($12,000ish) but if things go as I expect, I could be entirely paid off in 2 years or less

Vagabond142
04-10-2006, 11:14 AM
one more day of classes for me (Wednesday) and then I'M MOTHERFUCKIN DONE!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

(well, minus the 1 day needed for my 2 finals)

Vagabond142
04-20-2006, 05:49 PM
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

FINALS ARE OVER FOR ME!!! WHOOP WHOOP! (does the happy joy finally done university dance) unf unf unga unf!

Yes, I'm happy :D

HybridTheory
04-23-2006, 03:50 PM
Yes! I'm done as of yesterday! :clap: :goflames:

Toms-SC
04-23-2006, 04:26 PM
Finishing up my two years at SAIT for Network Engineering...
Just signed up for another two years for my Bachelors in System Technology... :)

viperous
04-28-2006, 11:27 PM
Offically done NMPD!! Woot! :clap:

Vagabond142
05-11-2006, 06:19 PM
It's official! At 10 am on June 7th, 2006, I will be an OFFICIAL Bachelor....

... of Arts :D

xrayvsn
05-11-2006, 06:24 PM
Congratulations everyone! I am now FRCP(C) after completing my fellowship exams. FRCP(C) = Fellow of the Royal College of Physicians (Canada). I actually get to be let loose on the public now :D

BebeAphrodite
05-13-2006, 04:13 PM
Originally posted by canadian_hustla
I am done April 25th with a degree in Economics, minor in business from U of C

Woot, lets see how far this degree can get me!
:burnout:

It's not going to get us anywhere. I'm in the same boat.
Graduating w/ two degrees, one in Economics and another in History.

Don't want to start job hunting until after I take a vacation in summer.

LuxCars
05-14-2006, 01:14 AM
Graduating in three weeks with my High School Diploma, and My French Diploma.

Ask me again in four years and maybe i can contribute on a university level graduation:thumbsup:

TC2002
05-23-2006, 02:06 PM
Graduating from the Faculty of Education, U of C. Bachelor of Education. Finally! :clap:

Vagabond142: my friend graduated from her Archy degree a couple of years ago and found a job with it, so good luck to ya after the Cdn forces!

:thumbsup:

Vagabond142
06-07-2006, 01:31 PM
http://members.shaw.ca/bertrams/IMG_0012.JPG

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

BebeAphrodite
06-07-2006, 02:21 PM
^^-- I was there this morning too. Five veryyy long years for this!

http://members.shaw.ca/ladylovely/convo.jpg

eblend
06-07-2006, 02:51 PM
okay my grad tomorrow, whats the procedure haha

come 2 hours before to get gown at oval right? then what bum around till ceremony starts? There is signs right?

haha i so don't want to go

BebeAphrodite
06-07-2006, 03:19 PM
Umm.. I went at 9:05 for my 9:30 ceremony. You go to the oval to get your outfit and then you have to get pinned (there are ppl in pink that pin your outfits) and you get your gown from a side room.
Then you pick up your parchment (all of these things are within the oval) and they will also give you a book, you look for your name, then there are signs w/ the page you are found in the book.
You line up alphabetically then you are led into the gym.
It was much faster than I thought it would be.
Around 2 hours. You move pretty fast...

max_boost
06-07-2006, 03:59 PM
That's PIMP. Where can I buy one?;)

Vagabond142
06-07-2006, 04:49 PM
At the University of Calgary, all they need is a $20,000 deposit and 4 years of your time, and you can have one too :D

Vagabond142
06-07-2006, 05:43 PM
Originally posted by eblend
okay my grad tomorrow, whats the procedure haha

Procedure is thus:

1) Be in oval area (it's at ice level) about 60-40 minutes before your grad is slated to start, or a little earlier if you don't mind waiting

2) Go to the room that is to the left of the stairwell if you're looking at it from the ice area. This is the robes room. Give them your name and they'll give you your reserved robe. Grab your mortarboard and hood from the assistants, and then out to the ice level again.

3) There will be tables set up for B.A. and B.Sc. along the running track. Give your name again, get your parchment and program. This, if you're interested, is the exact moment that you are officially granted your degree.

4) Go to pink shirted ladies to get your hood pinned on.

5) Look in the program for your date and time of convocation, find your name on whatever page it's on and whichever column it's in. Match said page and column to one of the signs along the actual ice track area. Line up alphabetically as in the program

6) Wait

7) Ceremony

8) Pictures with family and friends

9) Return robe and hood to the oval, keep your mortarboard, and get a free executive notebook thingy with an alumni card and a chocolate as a gift from the alumni association.

nismodrifter
06-07-2006, 06:23 PM
My BSc came in the mail today :D. I didn't bother going....no way in hell I was going to go back to Samsquanchewan to pick up a piece of paper in front of a crowd.

3yr BSc in Physiology.

I'm in Edmonton right now though so I haven't seen it....but I did get the msg that it came.

Now to decide.....go back and do 1 more year in Physiology and get my 4yr BSc...or do something else....decision time.

eblend
06-08-2006, 06:16 PM
Okay so all done with grad, don't really care. met this really pretty girl while waiting in line....talked to her for 30 min and now she is gone, cuz i will prolly never see her again this blows
It blows cuz I been in same damn building as her for like 2.5 damn years and never seen her, only met her at grad. Stupid life haha

viperous
06-08-2006, 06:36 PM
Originally posted by eblend
Okay so all done with grad, don't really care. met this really pretty girl while waiting in line....talked to her for 30 min and now she is gone, cuz i will prolly never see her again this blows
It blows cuz I been in same damn building as her for like 2.5 damn years and never seen her, only met her at grad. Stupid life haha

:rofl: You too?

That happened to me at my high school grad ceremonies.

BebeAphrodite
06-08-2006, 07:27 PM

Your high school was that big?
I think that everyone knew everyone else in our grade.

sexualbanana
06-08-2006, 07:29 PM

I sat next to a smoking hot girl that I knew existed, but didn't know I did. Talked it up, had a good time. Now she's gone. We could've been down at school, but now that it's over I'll never see her again. Oh well.

viperous
06-09-2006, 07:18 PM
Originally posted by BebeAphrodite

Your high school was that big?
I think that everyone knew everyone else in our grade.

Fairly. Beav does have quite a number of grads each year. Never really knew her, I've seen her in the halls and stuff, never had a class with her though, but she was pretty hot.

Hanzo
06-20-2006, 03:33 PM
I had to sit thru 3.5hours of boring crap for my engineering ceremony.

Francium
07-13-2006, 05:45 PM
Originally posted by vadeit
I am done on the 20th of April at 11am (when last exam is over).
Getting a B.Sc. in Chemistry from the best damn university in Calgary........ oh wait it is the only university in Calgary.

'cept i graduate april 2006 :banghead: