PDA

View Full Version : Need Help on Car to Buy

VTec1616
03-23-2003, 02:07 PM
My first car and only car is my 96 Integra which I've had for a year now. I'm planning on selling it though and buying a car that has a little more power. Once I sell it and add that money with the money I've saved I'll have about 11k to spend on a new car. What car would you recommend for this price that would be an upgrade over my LS Integra? I dont want my insurance to be too high so a RX-7 or something like that isn't a great choice. Also i dont know a whole lot about cars so I couldnt really buy a Civic or something and add a lot of performance upgrades, any ideas?

theken
03-23-2003, 02:56 PM
fix up your integra with the 11 grand im sure u could get a tonne of power out of it with 11 g's

max_boost
03-23-2003, 02:59 PM
RSX
Have you ever sat inside the Premium model yet? It doesn't feel like a Honda, the old fashion black interior is gone. Seats are extremely comfy, very luxurious look for the price. Plus the new design is just beautiful. The power is more than adequate to satisfy mild cravings of speed. It is in essence, the new Integra, perfect upgrade for you!

theken
03-23-2003, 03:00 PM
damn it!! :D rsx :rofl:

ecstasy_civic
03-23-2003, 03:03 PM
here he goes with the rsx thing again:rofl:

j/k sam

look into doing up your teg. you could easily get 250+ wheel horsepower with 5 g's. take the rest for rims, suspension stuff, stereo or even insurance and then you dont have to worry about paying an extra payment every month.

max_boost
03-23-2003, 03:05 PM
Originally posted by ecstasy_civic
look into doing up your teg. you could easily get 250+ wheel horsepower with 5 g's.

Buddy! Yes I know I love my RSX's but you better retract that statement or else you better zip up your flame suit man!:rofl:

A turbo type-R done by the hardcores at Speed Tech "ONLY" dynoed 228whp:rofl: So not like I can do any better! :dunno: But mind you, they were aiming for 350whp. So 250whp is pretty outrageous for a LS Teg with $5K! haha:confused:

ecstasy_civic
03-23-2003, 03:23 PM
ok so maybe i was a little off, lol i have to be optimistic.

maybe ill be quite til i get my suit back from the drycleaners, it took quite a beating the other night arguing with convict.:rofl:

sam you know im just bugging you about the rsx thing:thumbsup:

Stratus_Power
03-23-2003, 03:29 PM
hehe yeh here goes Max and his RSX!!
RSX is a girl's car!

Phats
03-23-2003, 03:36 PM
don't be too quick to dismiss the integra, check out www.team-integra.net and you will see that even an LS can have a lot of potential, it just takes, time, patience and a lot of knowledge, anyway, check out them, good place to start if you want to find info on your teg

buh_buh
03-23-2003, 03:46 PM
I don't think it'll get to 250whp with $5k. Maybe 250 flywheel hp, which still makes for a pretty quick car.

VTec1616
03-23-2003, 03:50 PM
i meant after selling it ill have 11k, so i have about 3k now, my integra only has 30k miles. I dont want to upgrade my integra cause its not vtec :( I would rather buy a gsr and then upgrade but i dont feel like doing that so what other cars would u recommend?

ecstasy_civic
03-23-2003, 03:51 PM
true, buh buh. i was just thinkin about legendboy's car, its gonna be nutz this year. im sure he'll be close to 250 whether it be flywheel or WHP, its gonna be one fast honda.

you could do the coveted LS/VTEC swap. ask LS/VTEC CRX. or boi alien.

lammer
03-23-2003, 04:07 PM
true, buh buh. i was just thinkin about legendboy's car, its gonna be nutz this year. im sure he'll be close to 250 whether it be flywheel or WHP, its gonna be one fast honda.

you could do the coveted LS/VTEC swap. ask LS/VTEC CRX. or boi alien.

it cost alot of money for the ls/vtec swap dude..alot!

Weapon_R
03-23-2003, 04:10 PM
your car is worth more than 8g's...

max_boost
03-23-2003, 04:17 PM
Originally posted by Stratus_Power
hehe yeh here goes Max and his RSX!!
RSX is a girl's car! A girl's car!??! Where do you come up with this crap? You have no idea what you are talking about!:rofl: :rofl: Oh man
Dam bench car buyers!!!!:confused: :rofl:

lammer
03-23-2003, 04:41 PM
Originally posted by max_boost
A girl's car!??! Where do you come up with this crap? You have no idea what you are talking about!:rofl: :rofl: Oh man
Dam bench car buyers!!!!:confused: :rofl:

sorry we not high rollers :(

but when we get a car im pretty sure we can make up our mind and keep the car, because i believe me and stratus will keep the car, unlike mr indecisive over there..:angel:

rage2
03-23-2003, 05:05 PM
look into doing up your teg. you could easily get 250+ wheel horsepower with 5 g's. take the rest for rims, suspension stuff, stereo or even insurance and then you dont have to worry about paying an extra payment every month.

Rule of thumb when making budget guesses on turboing a NA car... take your initial estimate ($5k in this case) and triple it. By the time you're done (everything working great and reliable), that's how much it'll cost. If you don't believe me, try it yourself (or ask buh_buh lol). It's not as simple as bolting on a turbo kit :D.

That aside, RSX is a great choice, or a used Integra Type-R.

VTec1616
03-23-2003, 05:08 PM
im not really interested in buying another acura, not sure really why but, what do u guys think about preludes? to me they have a good amount of hp and vtec. I could get around a 98 for my money i think, but what would i have to add to make it a major upgrade over my integra?

VTec1616
03-23-2003, 07:20 PM
right now im looking at 300ZX and Preludes, i know 300ZX have more power but are their cheap modifications u can add to Preludes to make them close to 300ZX's?

88CRX
03-23-2003, 07:34 PM
Ludes.... bah. Too heavy go with a 91 hf CRX then drop in a b16. Instant "fast" car. Oh ya, I'm biased;)

max_boost
03-23-2003, 09:51 PM
Originally posted by lammer

sorry we not high rollers :(

but when we get a car im pretty sure we can make up our mind and keep the car, because i believe me and stratus will keep the car, unlike mr indecisive over there..:angel:

Dude, that is so gay....and I am not a high roller, what is rage2 then? A high high high high roller? :rofl:

That is like saying, once I have my very first gf, I will marry her. Even if she is a bitch and breaks down a lot requiring you to fix her up etc. with $$$ you will still never let her go.

Variety is the spice of life, nothing wrong with changing cars:thumbsup:

max_boost
03-23-2003, 09:52 PM
Originally posted by rage2

Rule of thumb when making budget guesses on turboing a NA car... take your initial estimate ($5k in this case) and triple it. By the time you're done (everything working great and reliable), that's how much it'll cost. If you don't believe me, try it yourself (or ask buh_buh lol). It's not as simple as bolting on a turbo kit :D.

That aside, RSX is a great choice, or a used Integra Type-R.

Man, your telling me! I don't think I will ever go FI again in my life! Unless a shop/mechanic can guarantee me to have virtually no problems and if I do, I can always bring it back.....mind you they have to be simple problems, none of this....."oh by the way, you should get a hondata, that will solve your problems" lol:rofl:

2000impreza
03-23-2003, 09:59 PM
some of you guys are a little off..... i don't think you can make 250hp RELIABLE with only $5g's.

ecstasy_civic
03-23-2003, 11:07 PM
ok so i was way off lol.

what do i know i drive a civic:confused: :rofl:

XylathaneGTR
03-23-2003, 11:55 PM
I'd go with an RSX-S...
Set that 11,000 down, and if you leased it, your payments would be about...I dunno, 300ish a month or so/36

I know a guy with one, and i LOVE it, i saw it the other day and i just felt like slappin 2g down and taking over payments, even tho i cant afford it.

RSX's in general are VERY nice cars...and i suggest you look into them...
You said before you didn't want mad insurance, so an RX7 was outta the question...yet RX7 and 300zx are in similar classes, and direct competitors...Insurance on a Z32 would be similar to an FD...right?

Also, you could maybe hunt down an MR2...Smaller cars, might not really float your boat, but their still hella nice.
Someone suggested a used type R...Theres not too many of those popping up these days, and when they are, they're all out of his range (28,000 Private Sale most of the time)
I suggest you just check out the RSX...maybe a Celica GTS...Altho payments on teh Celica is higher, and the residual is lower.