PDA

View Full Version : Why are posts being deleted that......

R-Audi
03-23-2003, 03:49 PM
state lower prices? It is good to support our sponsors, and I understand the exclusivity thing, but if their "group Buy" prices can't compete with other stores 'regular' prices, it should be up to them to meet them.
I would of thought the Beyond community was about helping its members out, not protecting the corporate sponsors. I realize Beyond wouldn't be possible if it wern't for the sponsors, but we should also be able to let members know when a *special group buy price* is higher than other companies regular prices. It should be up to the sponsors to meet those prices, especially if they want our business. If they can't handle the competition, they shouldn't of become a retail store.

:thumbsdow
I thought we practised freedom of speech........:banghead:

rage2
03-23-2003, 05:08 PM
Give me the details of what thread you're talking about, and I'll go investigate.

Personal group buys are more than welcome on beyond. If it's a business that's doing a group buy then that's a different story :D.

rage2
03-23-2003, 05:15 PM
I think you didn't see your post, the post in question is still there. Unless I'm missing something... let me know.

Weapon_R
03-23-2003, 05:40 PM
Originally posted by R-Audi
I realize Beyond wouldn't be possible if it wern't for the sponsors, but we should also be able to let members know when a *special group buy price* is higher than other companies regular prices.

:thumbsdow
I thought we practised freedom of speech........:banghead:

There even was a time when the mods said that Beyond didn't even need the Sponsorship revenue...and now, it's like Freedom of Speech is practiced until someone goes against the system...We can't even post better prices if a sponsor is involved :thumbsdow

rage2
03-23-2003, 05:49 PM
Originally posted by Weapon_R
There even was a time when the mods said that Beyond didn't even need the Sponsorship revenue...and now, it's like Freedom of Speech is practiced until someone goes against the system...We can't even post better prices if a sponsor is involved :thumbsdow

We don't need the sponsorship revenue (as said a billion times). The money's going towards events. Free food at beyond BBQ's. Cheaper track days. Oh well, nobody listens to what I said. I just posted that nothing was deleted from what I could see, and there's still bitching.

Sometimes I wonder why I even bother... :banghead:

kenny
03-23-2003, 05:52 PM
Wow another incident blown way out of proportion. Obviously a moderator deleted something that should not have been deleted. Our policy is very straight forward. If you represent a shop, and do not have a banner, you are NOT permitted to start group buys, or post about sales you are having. If you are a shop and PAY for banner space, you ARE permitted to start group buys, advertise, etc. If you are a person who is NOT AFFILIATED with a shop, feel free to discuss other shops, their prices, etc.

WeaponR, where have people not been allowed to post prices of other shops? Give me a break.

R-Audi
03-23-2003, 06:06 PM
I did miss the post somehow, maybe I am on the Schlitz. I thought I saw another post by a_peep that isn't around anymore though, but he could of deleted it himself. Sorry for the confusion. I guess it is up to the supporting stores to either meet or beat those prices now:nut:

ninjak84
03-23-2003, 08:24 PM
Originally posted by rage2

To give us ricers a safe haven :D

Hollywood
03-23-2003, 10:36 PM
Originally posted by rage2

We don't need the sponsorship revenue (as said a billion times). The money's going towards events. Free food at beyond BBQ's. Cheaper track days. Oh well, nobody listens to what I said. I just posted that nothing was deleted from what I could see, and there's still bitching.

Yes and trust myself and others, we need the cheaper track events!

Originally posted by kenny
Wow another incident blown way out of proportion. Obviously a moderator deleted something that should not have been deleted. Our policy is very straight forward. If you represent a shop, and do not have a banner, you are NOT permitted to start group buys, or post about sales you are having. If you are a shop and PAY for banner space, you ARE permitted to start group buys, advertise, etc. If you are a person who is NOT AFFILIATED with a shop, feel free to discuss other shops, their prices, etc.

WeaponR, where have people not been allowed to post prices of other shops? Give me a break.

This is 100% totally fair. What people need to understand is beyond is trying to help us the USERS out here by having sponsers pay money for a banner to do commercial posts. It would be stupid if some other shop which is not funding beyond be able to post commercial posts. Then why would shops like tunerworks want to pay money then.....DUH!

Weapon_R
03-24-2003, 02:01 AM
Originally posted by Hollywood
It would be stupid if some other shop which is not funding beyond be able to post commercial posts. Then why would shops like tunerworks want to pay money then.....DUH!

That is not what I am talking about. I'm talking about deleted posts for people who advertise prices or links for another shop that are deleted, even when the local shops don't carry the part in question. Look at the shameless advertising thread, and you'll see what i'm talking about.

Originally posted by Rage2
Sometimes I wonder why I even bother...

Seeing as how it bothers you so much, i'll drop it now :).

rage2
03-24-2003, 02:18 AM
Seeing as how it bothers you so much, i'll drop it now :).
Just trying to answer your guy's concerns. Better than ignoring the issue right?

kenny
03-24-2003, 02:30 AM
I'm talking about deleted posts for people who advertise prices or links for another shop that are deleted, even when the local shops don't carry the part in question. Look at the shameless advertising thread, and you'll see what i'm talking about.

Alright, propose a better method to deal with it. Should the onus be on us to call up the sponsors every time a post appears to see if they sell a particular part? Are we expected to confirm that our sponsors DO NOT carry EACH AND EVERY part that is discussed before we delete posts that are "shameless advertising" ? Propose a realistic solution to this and perhaps we'll use it.