PDA

View Full Version : just afew questions about starting up

04-05-2006, 05:16 PM
this year ive been getting around to getting my bike lisence and im taking the course with too cool motorcycle school but i had afew questions about insurance registration and lisence plates.

on average how much did some of your guys insurance start at
with a clean car record but just starting your bike?

also i herd TD bank has a good 8 month insurance rate? anyone know if its any cheaper or better?

and just finally how much was it to register and get the plate for the bike?

time it takes for all of this to go through??

thanks again

snowboard
04-05-2006, 05:18 PM
300 bucks for like twelve months man, my cuz got his insured yesterday
and im trying to collect my cash to get my self a two wheeler too haha

Goblin
04-05-2006, 05:55 PM
Same here, im trying to get one this summer as well.

How much is it to get your learners permit ?

snowboard
04-05-2006, 05:58 PM
under 50 bucks i think?
Study online and go down to the registry and check it outt

eclipse00
04-05-2006, 10:03 PM
Insurance for a year, full coverage on a 2006 gsxr 600 = 567 a year (12 mths)
Plates, 45.63
Learners 25 I think, its been a while
Gear = lots
Tickets = lots

I have a really good rate through my insurance company due to lots of policys. You can probably expect to pay somewhere around a grand though. Good luck

04-08-2006, 11:18 AM
well that helps thanks anyone know about ing about what they cover

danno
04-08-2006, 12:41 PM
ing doesn't insure sportbikes, i have my car with them and my bike threw someone else.
$1000/year for me.

LeeConnexion
04-08-2006, 11:15 PM
Originally posted by eclipse00
Plates, 45.63
Gear = lots
Tickets = lots

I have a really good rate through my insurance company due to lots of policys. You can probably expect to pay somewhere around a grand though. Good luck

How long you been riding for that price? haha
I pay 1300/year for 05 R6

eclipse00
04-09-2006, 09:52 AM
Originally posted by LeeConnexion

How long you been riding for that price? haha
I pay 1300/year for 05 R6

THis is my 6th season now.

Shaolin
04-09-2006, 10:15 AM
When I had my bike I paid a little bit over 300 bucks a year.. but that wasn't full coverage.. I think I had everything except collision..

snowboard
04-09-2006, 10:22 AM
Originally posted by Shaolin
When I had my bike I paid a little bit over 300 bucks a year.. but that wasn't full coverage.. I think I had everything except collision..

why bother with colision your dead most of the time anyway :rolleyes:
frick im still trying to figure out how i can finance a bike :(

skandalouz_08
04-09-2006, 09:12 PM
its around 1000 for a full year of insurance with full coverage
registration was about 60 and now i'm registered for a year and got a plate

SOAB
04-10-2006, 09:19 AM
Originally posted by snowboard

with that attitude, why bother trying to get a bike?

yellowsnow
04-10-2006, 01:01 PM
Originally posted by Goblin
Same here, im trying to get one this summer as well.

How much is it to get your learners permit ?

costed me about 18 bucks

Stoppie
04-11-2006, 09:18 PM
i see some people asking about learners etc... i just thought id add my two cents on some of the requirements

To aquire your class 6 you will first need to right a class 6 test, which you then will aquire your test permit. Before you take your course test, you will need your class 7 learners permit (the class 7 lets you learn in a car from 14 on, but then you can also ride a bike once your 16 with an adult who holds a class 6) BUT if you have ur class 7 and only ur class 7 you will have to take a course test (in a lot) and a road test.

If you have your class 5, dont worry about any of this. Just write your test, get your test permit, and then go to anywhere where you can write a lot test (You can go to A-1 on sundays at around 3ish for around 45 bucks) and that it. If you hold your class 5 you do not need to take the road test. You can take the road test instead of the lot but i highly recommend you taking the lot test as it is easier.

just my two cents just incase anyone was wondering but its not like it used to be where there was a specific motorcycle learners permit.

white_insomnia
04-13-2006, 02:23 PM
Quote:
Plates, 45.63
Gear = lots
Tickets = lots

End Quote.

Wow bud your getting screwed around by your insurance company!

I pay 600 for 12 months on a 1998 ZX-9R
and i have the worst driving record possible!
2 accidents and countless tickets

YA better keep shopping around!
haha

snowboard
04-13-2006, 02:29 PM
Originally posted by SOAB

with that attitude, why bother trying to get a bike?

Thats not my attitude, thats just what people keep using to bitch at me when i tell them i want a bike.
i hate it. everyone thinks there fricin death machines. yah there dangerous, but so is everything else in life.

eclipse00
04-13-2006, 11:32 PM

Thats not my attitude, thats just what people keep using to bitch at me when i tell them i want a bike.
i hate it. everyone thinks there fricin death machines. yah there dangerous, but so is everything else in life.

Get used to it man, you're gonna hear it a lot!

Phy
04-14-2006, 12:40 AM

It's those times when your armor and helmet work for you that you'll want collision...

Roger Moore
04-16-2006, 08:56 PM
Learners test = $16. Half of the 20 multiple choice questions are on like road signs and normal driving technique, with the other half obviously focused on bike technique. Such as proper grip, lane placement and so on. quite easy.

eur0
04-17-2006, 12:21 AM
This is my first season, I financed a CBR600RR through blackfoot as this was the only way I could get one...As for insurance im paying like 60/month through state farm.

Stoppie
04-20-2006, 10:44 PM
k i want to make it clear cause obviously its not getting through
THERE IS NO MOTORCYCLE LEARNERS TEST... there is ur class 6 written test but no learners test. When you hold ur class 7 and reach the age of 16 THAT is your motorcycle learners.

Its not like how it used to be where u can have ur motorcycle learners all by its self and blah de blah.

cmodem
04-21-2006, 06:21 PM
Originally posted by white_insomnia
Quote:
Plates, 45.63
Gear = lots
Tickets = lots

End Quote.

Wow bud your getting screwed around by your insurance company!

I pay 600 for 12 months on a 1998 ZX-9R
and i have the worst driving record possible!
2 accidents and countless tickets

YA better keep shopping around!
haha

which insurance company are you with?

dance4life
04-26-2006, 02:45 PM
i jsut got quoted 900 for full coverage on a 2002 Honda VFR800. The bigger the engine i'd imagine the higher your rate will be. I had one accident in my car in the last year and this will be the first time i ever owned a motorcycle. And i'm over 25 if that makes a difference.
Its $40 to take your lot test. Go through a school and use there bikes and you can get used to one and take your test at the end.

beung
05-10-2006, 01:09 PM
You guys all must have financed your bikes, I only have PLPD and I pay $250 a year on my 03 600RR.

Remeber that your bike insurance is tied to your car insurance, so if you make a claim on one it also effects the other.

I would never make a claim on my bike. If you crash it at any decent speed it will be a write off. Sell it to a wrecker and walk away from it. If you go through insurance they will write it off 90% of the time and you will be paying for it for the next 5 years. Not worth paying $1k+ a year for a bike thats only worth $8k.